Saturday, July 31, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 17


Photobucket

Why did you blog us so late?!?!?!

K-On!! You weren’t subbed until Friday? What is up with that? Are your subbers off at Otakon or something? Whatever the case may be Amagami SS got blogged first because you were being a hater. Deal with it.

But I should be thankful someone is out there subbing my animes at all. I could be walking 15 miles in the snow to the now DEAD SunCoast to buy my anime 3 years after it came out. So waiting a few days is better than waiting years…I need to be more grateful.

Okay. On with the show. Time for the festival OH WAIT NO. Just kidding.



Photobucket

Insert drama here!!!

Episode Summary: The girls are ready and waiting to practice after school. Like renewed hope and all that jazz. But Sawako comes and informs the girls that due to some mold/water leaking problems their club room is under construction. Insert sad faces here. The instruments and Turtle-chan are thrown in the hallway so yay? Sawako goes to ask the brass club if they can use their room but they are like no way man. So the girls go to practice in an empty classroom (with a few girls as an audience) but after one song they are told to hit the road because they are bothering other clubs. So the girls drag all their crap to the gym to practice. Which is a really bad idea anyway because of all the grunting and hitting the ground running and other music. But it becomes extra bad as Mio suddenly likes sports and wants to watch.

Photobucket

Why does Mio care about sports?!

The girls get tired of carting around their stuff so decide to call in quits for the day in regards to practice. Instead they decide to go to McDonalds to eat and discuss the new song. Because apparently the song Mugi wrote wasn’t good enough for Ritsu. Mio has written her own song lyrics but they really suck. So it is decided that they will all write their own lyrics and compare them tomorrow. Which is probably good because the next day Sawako informs them there is really no place for them to practice. The girls decide to go to a recording studio to practice because they really need to and the festival is only A MONTH AWAY. But once there Yui talks about how naming her guitar might be dumb and the girls do their hair in the mirror. Mugi makes tea which gets them kicked out of the recording room for a while. So since they have to drink tea they take turns sharing their song lyrics. All of which really suck, even Mugi’s.

Photobucket

Why are we so special?!

By the time they are done with their tea and really bad lyrics their recording time is already over and no practice has taken place. But all is well since Sawako drives up and says the construction work is done on the room and they can use it the next day. Some practice takes place but not much. Yui is struggling to come up with more song lyrics so Ui decides to help her. The rest of the club is impressed with the song lyrics but are like OH so Ui wrote them. The next day Yui calls everyone and freaks them out because Ui got sick staying up all night helping with the song lyrics. Everyone eventually leaves and Yui tries to take care of her sick sister. She then realizes how much Ui does for her and writes a song about her sister. Everyone is super impressed with these lyrics except Mio because she is sad her lyrics are used. THE END!

Photobucket

But every episode should be about Mugi...

This episode was not all about Mugi. It makes me sad. :(

Photobucket

How dare they kick out the turtle!

Once again this episode was slightly dramatic. The girls were only kicked out the club room for 2 days and they acted like it was forever. They goof off all the time so why go through all the trouble of moving around the equipment and renting a room when they could just chill…like they usually do? Silly girls.

Photobucket

No one loves us!

XO Those other clubs were mean though. I mean, the school should have set it up so that people rotate while this mold drippy cleaning thing is going on. I guess we can’t count on high school students to be fair right? And where is Ms. In Charge of the Students when this all happened? Letting me down people, letting me down.

Photobucket

Brb sending Ritsu to the moon.

Ritsu. What is wrong with you? My Mugi wrote you a beautiful song and you decide you don’t like the lyrics? Unacceptable. Also last time I counted there were 5 members of the Light Music Club. Why did Ritsu make such a decision without discussing it with everyone else? I don’t know….it just came off as really, really rude to me. And the way Mio mentioned it in passing made me :( too. My Mugi wrote a song and ya’ll
should be grateful. ACT LIKE IT!

Photobucket

Recording studios are super exciting yes?

I am still wondering what Ritsu’s ace in the hole was. I for sure thought she was going to use Mugi as her personal money bags but…then they just went to the recording studio like it was normal and there was no connection. XO Goober Ritsu.

Photobucket

Seriously they were all weird.

The girls and their special songs…. were special. I love them all but really most of the songs they sing are silly and make no sense. XD Especially the song titles. I thought Azusa’s song was the best one up until she mentioned the turtle. Then it was like….you are all special. And I love you Mugi but songs are not murder mystery. You are all crazy girls.

Photobucket

No. Do not want.

Also I was not that impressed with Ui’s song. I know she stayed up all night and got sick for her efforts but it was just meh to me. But since all the songs in this series and in anime shows in general are a bit weird to me maybe I should be a little more forgiving. But compared to the other songs I guess it was okay. But poor sick Ui.

Photobucket

Someone needed to eat more oranges...

Which leads me to another point. Do Japanese people really worry that much about getting sick? I stay up late all the time and I don’t get colds. But all these anime characters worry constantly about getting sick. It makes me almost worry for them. They claim to be allergic to AC for goodness sake. So staying up all night automatically means they are going to catch a cold and everyone must worry.

Photobucket

She's trying so I shall give her credit. Write this down.

Yui really impressed me this episode. Usually she is the goofiest person ever and you worry about her safety. And I am not saying she was MOG amazing today either. That would be too weird. But there were moments where I was like…maybe Yui won’t fall apart after graduation. Like she attempted to make food for sister while she was sick. She was aware of the fact that her sister actually does a lot for her. And instead of tea and cake Yui wanted to practice. She was certainly being sorta responsible today. MMMM sorta responsible.

Photobucket

But I want to touch it!!!!

So that is about it. There wasn’t much in this episode. Just the girls running around trying to practice after months of wasting time. Is this school festival ever going to happen? I hope so! XO Also they should sing Mugi’s song the way it was written. I want to hear my Mugi’s song! But looking at the clips next week I don’t think that is case. At least they have their club room back.

Photobucket

I gave it my...semi all?

Also I hope this blog post doesn’t suck. I wrote it while I was having a 2 hour long conversation with my mom. Yeah. So…yeah.

Photobucket

Who needs practice?! We have to do our hair!