Monday, July 26, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 16

XO I put Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 16 on hold this week to blog Black Rock Shooter OVA. Looking back that was probably a disappointing decision. But when 4 things come out on the same day that I have interest in blogging choices have to be made. Although I probably should be more loyal to shows that I already know and love…

But enough of that for now. We have a week full of revealing secrets!!!! Or at least that is what we were promised. Let’s see if this week’s episode delivers what it promised last week or if things shall be dragged out even longer.

Photobucket

Okay maybe beware of cute flashbacks.

There is no naked Takashiro this week so there shall be no warning.



Photobucket

No. You are not important. GO AWAY!

Short episode summary: Takashiro and Yuki are all like we are going to get down to the truth people! But two random strangers walk in and introduce themselves to Yuki. Minor characters are boring but love Yuki. Takashiro is like I need to tell him the truth now so off they go on a walk. Takashiro then slowly explains that he is weak from preparing for the ceremony when really he is lying to Yuki again. But here comes the truth. Takashiro is like 68974 years old and he is never reincarnated. He has a Duras living in him so he can be healed and not die. His reasoning is that someone needs to be aware of the Duras while everyone is growing up and so he can guide them to being Guardians again. Also he is the one who causes everyone to be reincarnated each and every time. Yuki is like POOR TAKASHIRO he has to suffer alone.

Photobucket

Great now Yuki is lying.

After a bit of a cry Takashiro takes Yuki and child Sodom to some magic rock in the woods. It is the source of their power and has all the names of fallen Zweilts on it. See when Duras kills a Guardian that Guardian can never be reincarnated. Then Takashiro is like oh Reiga is a half Duras/half human and everyone in the family treated him like crap so that is why he hates humans. That every single enemy ever has been summoned by him and he r the evil. However Reiga was reborn as Kanata and was unaware of his horrible past while growing up with Yuki. Yuki might have been the reason that Reiga was dormant for so long, that Yuki was giving him hope for humanity. Yuki thinks back to memories with younger Kanata and is happy that Kanata was really his friend. But he still wants to know what happened that horrible day when Reiga turned on everyone. Elsewhere Kanata promises his one remaining minion he will end this all. THE END!

Photobucket

Also I like the new opening although Yuki better not die....

So….I guess I am slightly happy. We did get SOME answers this week so it was not a total loss. See Black Rock Shooter? Answers can be a good thing. Of course next week looks like we are in for more back story. So this week could have done better in regards to the pacing. Less time with the new characters that I don’t care about and more time with the actual secrets.

Photobucket

Behold the nakedness!

XO The biggest RARW of course is that Yuki still has not gotten any of his sad back story yet. Which is what I thought Takashiro was going to tell Yuki. The whole Yuki needs to know about his past can only take place if Yuki is specifically about HIS past. Not the past in general. So bleh. This episode probably could have skimmed down to tell Yuki about his time as a girl. But until I view next week I won’t know if that is possible. Next week could be FULL of more back story that would have run over a 22 minute episode constraint.

Photobucket

I still love you even if you are a giant liar and aren't my brother.

Takashiro is not Yuki’s real brother. Not sure how I feel about that. I sorta figured that and it makes sense that Takashiro had to lie about that aspect. The whole “I am your leader in the war against sparkly demons” probably would have not gone over well. So that lie needed to explained but it wasn’t a shocker since I thought that was the case.

Up next was Takashiro being like a million years old. Again this really isn’t about Yuki but something that needed to be said. It also shows what kind of person Takashiro is. A crazy person. But apparently crazy= devoted in Japanese land so whatever. I guess I can see that if the sparkle demons would going to continuously attack Earth they would need to have someone who was ready to train the reincarnated troops. But him acting like the martyr got on my nerves. Poor Takashiro, he has to live forever and not suffer the effects of dying and having to remember his past.

Photobucket

I hate Duras but here, one is living in my body!!!!

am super glad that the purple worms in his ARM got explained. I didn’t think the answer was going to be that a Duras was living in his body given the fact he became immortal so he could kill the evil Duras. But he is a giant hypocrite. I mean he has to do really hard things….But yeah, glad that was taken care of.

Photobucket

I think calling someone a monster might make them mad. Just saying.

Another fun fact revealed to us is that Reiga is a half human, half Duras person thing. Another thing I didn’t see coming but I guess needed to be explained. He needed a reason to explain his intense hatred of humans so this is the perfect explanation. He obviously forced his parents to have sex so he would be born. Or that the people back in that time were douchebags and created a monster that destroyed them. Note to people out there: when you treat someone like a crazy psychopath they will probably grow up to be a crazy psychopath. So be kind to those who you fear as they will probably rip your face off as soon as possible.

Photobucket

Takashiro has lots of magical powers.

Takashiro also mentions that he forces everyone to be reincarnated. I am not sure how he does that but I am sure that doesn’t matter. I don’t know why Takashiro feels guilty about doing so. Maybe when this first started everyone agreed to be reincarnated in return for Takashiro being the one who has to suffer alone until they are old enough. However I am sure the forced reincarnations has something to do with girl Yuki deciding to be reborn a boy. Trying to stop the cycle or what not.

Photobucket

There is still hope for me Yuki! Don't give up!

But I guess what I liked the most about Takashiro’s whole telling the truth bit is that Kanata was actually Kanata for a while and he wasn’t being a lying douchebag to Yuki since minute one. I really think that Kanata needed a better voice actor as a young teenage boy should not sound like a 3 year old girl but other than that I am happy for Yuki. Of course in his little heart I am sure he will blame himself for not being enough to convince Kanata that humans were worthwhile but hey, that is expected of Yuki. I am just happy that there is good in Kanata and that will probably be his saving grace in the end.

Photobucket

I like this random rock in the middle of nowhere. It amuses me.

I am a little XO that certain people can’t be reincarnated. It just seems obvious in this line of work to be killed by the Duras. But I was wondering why there weren’t more Guardians floating around so that explains that. The cast is already big enough without everyone who ever was a Guardian to be reincarnated. Plus it was a chance to make Yuki all sad.

Photobucket

No one cares who we are. :(

The two random people at the beginning of the episode were boring and I have no idea what is going on with them. We didn’t get to see the new Guardians this episode and we are introduced to more people? Yeah we could have learned more about other important issues and left these nobodies in the dark.

Photobucket

POOF! No more problems. it is so magical.

Our other Guardians were only shown briefly because they are worried for Yuki. But really maybe they should have manned up and told Yuki the truth if they really loved him. And my special Hotsuma is like fine everyone we won’t have any problems and Yuki will be okay. Great plan.

Next week looks like we are in for more secrets and a better explanation on why Takashiro and Reiga hate each other. Looks like it involves a girl. That girl doesn’t look like Yuki as she has darker hair but who knows, maybe it is girl Yuki version one. In any event XO. How dare there be a straight pairing in this show. But I hope this moves along faster so we can get back to the action. And Luka who is stuck in a tree.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I want the Yuki+Luka flashback that shows how they met and fell in love, but the manga STILL hasn't shown that >_<

It is not clear to me if Yuki is Yomi Giou, the young woman who both Takashiro and Reiga had special feelings for (also unless I read it incorrectly I think Takashiro is her relative in that incarnation?!). It was difficult for me to understand that part in the raws. I'm looking forward to the next ep just to find out what the fricka frack is going on.

Re: het pairings

If you think these minor allusions are bad, the manga is full of potential heterosexual pairings (Toko+ Tsukomo [gag], Yuki+Toko, Luka+Toko, and even Yuki+Toko+Luka O_o).

In the manga, around what is ep 14 in the anime, Yuki asks Toko if she is in love with Luka. She gets shy and says that she has a little crush on him because he reminds her of a lover she had in a past life. And Yuki is all ::conflicted feelings I kind of want to do them both::

There's an adorable omake in volume six which I doubt they will animate where Hotsuma gets pissed at Luka and throws a cup of tea in his face; Luka goes to rinse off and Toko runs after him to see if he's okay, and half-naked fan service Luka (who btw has multiple shower scenes towards the later volumes) flaunts in front of her. She gets at attack of teh blush and touches his arm, but he pulls it back and she gets pouty face.

Later in the mall Toko gets swept up by a crowd, Luka feels bad for their weird moment earlier, and he walks up to her and takes her by the arm. Yuki sees this but is all 'if you can't beat 'em, join em' and takes Toko by the hand and the three of them walk off on their jolly threesome way.

http://i.imgur.com/fBnyz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ozi6b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bjXgZ.jpg

Christina said...

I hope that girl Yuki isn't this chick they are fighting over because that would be gross. And way too many pairings for me to keep track of.

Incest pairing make me want to barf. But I think a love triangle between Yuki, Toko, and Luka might be even worse. BLAH! Poor siblings who only have each other to be paired up with.

...But a Hotsuma and Luka pairing sounds kinda hot in my head...

Anonymous said...

But Hostuma and Luka are both semes... I have a feeling that Luka would wind up the uke in that pairing! In one of the earlier volumes it shows Luka as the slave of a demon king/ultra Opast and there's a scene of him thrown face first into bed. Poor Luka >_<

Christina said...

Anonymous- But maybe they can take turns! Although in my yaoi girl mind if there was a HotsumaxLuka pairing Hotsuma would definitely be the uke....He seems like a guy who would be all talk but the blushy one in bed. XD

Jan Suzukawa said...

I had to LOL at that random, totally unexpected naked moment with the entire cast. Whut?

Otherwise, I think that the inevitable end of the Yuki-Reiga-Kanata thing is that Yuki will wind up saving Reiga-Kanata at the end of the series. Yuki has too much compassion to let Kanata be swallowed up by Reiga entirely.

Christina said...

Jan- Well no one was having a bath scene this week so the writers/producers had to find some way to squeeze in some naked bodies.

I am all for Yuki saving Kanata but he better not splat himself in the process!