Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New Anime Series: Kuroshitsuji II episode 1


Photobucket

Hair gel. You both need less of it.

Wha…..what just happened? Did an anime company just troll a fandom? WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH?!

Hello there! After battling some laundry I am back with a new episode under my belt. I can safely say that I am glad I watched Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru before….this. I don’t think my tiny mind can take the fluffiness that is Yuki after Alois.

This post contains spoilers for Kuroshitsuji Season Two Episode 1. Also this episode has some really adult themes going on it. I certainly was shocked at the opening theme so I am going to warn people now. Triggering post may be triggering.

This is post 2 of 3 today. Check out my Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru episode 13 post that went up earlier today. Hopefully High School of the Dead will be up before midnight.



Photobucket

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!

Episode Summary: The series starts off with our new little rich kid having been raped. Awesome. There is some symbolizing going on with a spider and a butterfly. The little boy, Alois, has his contract mark on his tongue and he summons his butler Claude. After that wonderful scene Claude helps get Alois get dressed for the day and Alois tries to seduce him and acts like a psychopath after the fact. At breakfast Alois talks about dead baby chickens, spills his beverage on purpose, and pokes out his maid’s eye. The awesome just keeps on coming. There are three random guys who all look alike watching this scene and talking but we can’t hear them. Claude comes along and refers to the maid as a mess and takes care of crazy Alois. Then Alois gets all upset that his Uncle is coming over with a priest to investigate him. Claude’s answer to this problem is to tap dance and fly around the dining room which changes all the furniture and wallpaper. Alois dances too and I am frightened.

Photobucket

Have some money asshole!!!

The Uncle and the priest are accompanied by Driot, the crazy woman lover from series one. Everyone arrives and has a different reaction to Alois. Droit loves him, the priest buys up his sob story, and the Uncle looks like he wants to stab him. The Uncle explains that when his sister had a son the boy was kidnapped and never found. But then POOF Alois appears with his butler and a short while later the brother-in-law dies. Alois’s side of the of the story is he was raised in a tiny village as a slave. One day everyone was killed, including his little friend, but it’s okay now because his dad found him. Claude was all like OKAY when this explanation was going down. Droit and the priest leave and Alois proceeds to call his Uncle greedy and it rains money and property deeds. Alois is pleased and crazy.

Photobucket

I am sensing some past issues...

Later that night a hooded man comes to the mansion. It’s Sebastian but let’s pretend we don’t know that. So Sebastian is all like let me spend the night and Alois is like OKAY DIRTY MAN. Sebastian insults Alois’s butlering and it is ON. Sebastian has a large suitcase with him and Alois wants to see what is in it (this is after Sebastian shows concern for the maid and Alois kicks the crap out of her). Sebastian says he will show Alois the contents of the suitcase if he takes him to the basement. Turns out there is some magic tea inside the basement and Sebastian wants it. Claude appears and demands the trunk, revealing that Sebastian is Sebastian! MOG PEOPLE! Oh and the trunk that Sebastian is guarding with his life has Ciel in it. WTF PEOPLE. So there is an epic battle with silver wear and some insults are flung around. Sebastian destroys the lights in the house and Alois freaks out. Claude stops pursuing Sebastian to comfort his little master and it gets a bit uncomfortable. Sebastian takes Ciel to a little meadow and opens the tea. TADA his ring is in the box. And TADA Ciel is now alive. THE END!

Photobucket

At least the butlers are consistent...

WTF?! There is so much what the hell is going on in this post I don’t even know where to begin. Thanks Kuroshitsuji II. I think you were going for shock value and you truly made that happen. I am sitting on my couch in shock.

Photobucket

EYE BLEACH!!!!!

I guess I will just go in order of the episode. Starting with the WTF scene at the beginning. Way to set the tone of the series. I am so looking forward to a show that has child rape in the first 5 seconds. At first I just thought Alois had been beaten. I was like WOW poor mistreated kid, just like Ciel. THEN BAM naked dude in the bed next to him. Nudity for all everyone! Then it is implied later in the episode that it was Alois’s father that did the raping. I WANT TO THROW UP PEOPLE.

However…was Ciel raped in his season? In the first episode there were crazy occult members all around him and he too had bruises on his body. Oh and he was NAKED. So I guess if Ciel was raped it’s not too out that that Alois was too. Even though Ciel’s rape might have been implied and Alois’s was RIGHT THERE FOR ALL TO SEE AND IT WAS HIS DAD. Okay enough with this topic I r done.

Photobucket

Just....what?!

So after that magical scene (including Alois summoning Claude with a spider on his tongue; why didn’t you summon him BEFORE the rape!!!) it is business as usual. Claude serves Alois some tea and Alois comes on to Claude sexual. Ciel…I miss you. A lot. Granted there was a lot of sexual tension in the first season but it was never…BAM let’s create it on purpose. But given that Alois was cackling like a crazy person 5 seconds after coming on to Claude it is safe to assume that Alois damaged while Ciel was a miserable kid out for revenge.

Photobucket

Eyes are overrated anyway.

Did I mention that Alois was a crazy person? Ciel didn’t really like the idiot trio in his season but at least he didn’t poke anyone’s eye out! The maid wasn’t even doing anything and BAM she is maimed for the rest of the series. Really over the top behavior from a psychopath. I wasn’t expecting Claude to stop Alois or say anything but it was really disturbing to see. I guess this scene exist to show us how broken Alois really is.

Photobucket

This is the dance of his people...

After poking out the maid’s eye Alois decided then he is a weak and wounded kitten. His Uncle is coming to the house with a priest and that means that Alois has to cover up his tracks. Just guessing that Alois made a contract with Claude to get rid of his father. Claude tap dancing to change the house back the way the father had it…was special indeed. Very, very special. Also we get the color scheme people. Alois=gold. GOT IT. But then Alois dancing was even more special and I started to wonder why I was watching this show.

Photobucket

Can he be leaving now? Please?

XO What is Droit doing back? Out of all the characters from the last season he was the last one I thought would be brought over. But he is back being over the top and gross. Run Alois. You don’t want this guy on your side. Even if you are a broken kid you don’t deserve him.

Also why is Claude’s voice actor the same dude who does Luka? XO DO NOT WANT! It messes with my mind.

We get a little back story on Alois which I thought was early but whatever. I am also wondering how much of the story is true since Claude gave him a look but maybe Claude is responsible for the disaster or something. Who knows. In any event I have questions on who stole Alois and how Alois found his father. I am just guessing after this massacre Claude made a contract with Alois and somehow that lead them to his dad. I guess if Alois really was raised as a slave, lost his only friend, and raped by his dad we are lucky he isn’t a serial killer or something at this point.

Photobucket

WHO COULD THIS BE I AM CONFUSED PEOPLE!

So after Alois sends his Uncle off with money and deeds (I have a feeling that dude will be dead by the end of the series) a stranger came to the house. According to the internet Sebastian’s return was marked by cheer and love. For me it was like OH so the dude who killed my Ciel is back. I SEE. I SEE. So it wasn’t rainbows and cupcakes for 5 minutes in the land of Tenchi. It was more like….no. Go away. Without Ciel I hate you Ciel Killer.

Photobucket

I often keep small children in suitcases.

BUT BAM PEOPLE. Ciel was in the suitcase. X_X What is going on my friends?! Sebastian is getting tea to bring Ciel back to life, even though he spent the last season counting the days until he could eat his soul? Why does Alois want to “have” Ciel? How does he even know him? And why are Claude and Sebastian mortal enemies? WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Photobucket

Gold knives these time!!!

Sebastian and Claude need to get some better weapons. Of course Claude has gold silver wear but it is still knives and forks. GUNS NOW! Or at least use your demon powers.

Photobucket

Just stab someone in the eye, you will feel better.

After Ciel and Sebastian escape the house is dark and Alois freaks out. Okay little psycho kid. You get to run around acting like a crazy person but now we are supposed to feel bad for you because you are still a little kid? Also that scene with Claude vowing to protect him (so he can eat his soul) was really….X_X yeah. I love me some yaoi but 12 is a little too young for me. But yeah, this whole protect me I am a little kid still would work better if Alois hadn’t spent the last 15 minutes being a psychopath.

Photobucket

And now Ciel is alive....got it.

I am not how I feel about being punked and finding out that this series is about Ciel still. He got his revenge and Sebastian ate him. But now Sebastian is breaking into houses to bring back his soul? Why did Alois have his ring anyway? But if Ciel dies at the end of this series again I don’t think my little heart can take it. Sebastian you either care for Ciel or you just wanted his soul. Quit playing games.
Elizabeth is back?! WHY ME?! WHY??!?!?!? But it looks like next week (and maybe all the other weeks?) will be mostly Ciel centered. Maybe we will get some answers. For now I need some brain bleach.

Photobucket

I'm sure this all makes sense....


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be really sad if the new characters get pushed entirely to the sidelines. I've also decided to get on team Alois. The psycho shota is a rare species in shoujo anime, and any sighting must be appreciated!

The previews annoyed me greatly. It's another "let's save Elizabeth" episode. Maybe, with all the crazy new twists that the series is introducing, Elizabeth will die or move or turn into a lesbian or something >_<

Christina said...

I was with Alois until he randomly poked out someone's eye. I was like okay tragic kid who has sexual boundary issues....and then he went and maimed another person. But his flip flopping personality is interesting to watch. I don't think Claude has as much personality as Sebastian did/does. Although Sebastian never randomly danced.....

Elizabeth needs to die. I thought maybe she would throw herself off a bridge when she was mourning for Ceil but I guess since Ceil was only dead for a minute that's not going to happen.

We all got punked, making us think the season was going to be about the new people.

Anonymous said...

Sebastian absolutely >>> Claude, who is generic and boring.

But Psycho? Well Psycho has a lot more... er... personality, than Ciel. He's more fun to watch, eye gougings and all. Let the games begin!

Christina said...

Anonymous- Sebastian is the best butler ever, even if Claude thinks he is awesome with his golden silverwear.

I think Ceil was more believable as a moody kid with a bad life. Psycho kid....is really crazy. Although I do think there is more to that maid then meets the eye.

Anonymous said...

My hunch on the maid was that she was around to witness his dad raping him, and/or was a mistress to his dad.

Anonymous said...

Ugh I just watched episode 2. It was lame >_<

Christina said...

Anonymous- So soon? Also very expected since Elizabeth is all over that episode. Le sigh. :(