Friday, July 9, 2010

Amagami SS episode 2: Still boring


Photobucket

Deja vu anyone?

XO Welcome my readers. It’s Friday so for most people that means WOOHOO weekend. For me I still have one day left of my work week. And being that money doesn’t grow on trees I have decided to work a different work schedule on Saturdays from now one. YAY HEALTH INSURANCE RIGHT?!

Also on another random side note cross your fingers. I have been on a CLAMP in 3D land buying spree lately and this girl posted she is selling a bunch of hers for 3 dollars! CROSS YO FINGERS PEOPLE! I hope she has the ones I want. Curses that I was at work before I could ask first (this possibly claiming it in most circles) but some of my favorites weren’t mentioned so I still could luck out.

Oh…this post is about Amagami SS episode 2? Oh. I forgot. Um…okay. Let me pound out a couple hundred words about this episode. If I succeed I will reward myself with cheesecake!

Okay I was going to get cheesecake anyway….


Photobucket

I want friends like that.

Episode Summary: Junichi is depressed that his plans to win Haruka over failed. He fails to get a good night’s sleep and his pals Masayoshi (WHAT A FUN NAME) and Kaoru inform him he looks like crap. He goes to the infirmary to rest but surprise Haruka was already resting there. Junichi questions why Haruka is treating him so normally after she rejected him. Haruka says she finds Junichi interesting and wants to be his friend still but is sad that she is not being considerate of his feelings. Junichi then asks Haruka what she does seek in a boyfriend (because he enjoys pains) and she lists a bunch of things that he is not. Junichi has renewed spirits and first up on his list…pro wrestling. Masayoshi tries to help him out but I sense fail. Haruka walks up and wants to play but her friend Hibiki tells her no. For some reason all four of them walk home together where Masayoshi basks in the glow of being in the presences of a hottie. On the walk home Junichi learns that Haruka has joined about every club in the school but left them all because something was missing. But all the students still love her anyway. Also there was a day when like half the boys in school asked Haruka out. Haruka is unsure how she would respond to a boy confessing to her twice which gives Junichi even more hope.

Photobucket

The sister doesn't get an arc right? RIGHT?!

Junichi is in a weird mood the next morning when his sisters talks to him but his mood changes when Haruka talks to him This makes the sister mad and Junichi is dretched in revenge. Awesome. Throughout the episode all the other girls are randomly seen looking at Junichi, picking on Junichi, or being picked on by Junichi. During a punishment Junichi is kidnapped by Haruka. She wants him to let him borrow a swimsuit because she wants to try out the swimming team. After getting a swimsuit Haruka is shut down by her friend Hibiki who runs the club and is sent packing. Defeated Junichi promises to cheer her up by checking out cute picture books in the library. Only Haruka falls asleep before he comes back. Junichi watches her all creepy like as she sleeps and when she wakes up he confesses again. Haruka is all GEEZ creepy stalker at first but Junichi keeps talking and Haruka says it is okay for him to like her. But she is curious why he is trying so hard and gives him a kiss on the forehead. No mixed signals at all people woohoo!!! THE END!!!!

Photobucket

Even he knows he is boring.

Junichi is so boring people. So very, very boring. When Haruka was mentioning all the things she would like in a man I was rolling my eyes. She could have really kept her expectations low and Junichi still wouldn’t have met that. XO No need to dream big with that guy.

Photobucket

It's morphin time!!!

Haruka really likes to say English words doesn’t she? It’s almost like I am watching an action/magical girl show with the random English thrown in. AWESOME DUDE. GOOD. FUN. CHARISMATIC. Do real Japanese people randomly say English words or are the studios pandering to their English audience? In any event weirdness.

Photobucket

And the creepiness keeps on rollin'.

I am not sure how I feel about Junichi telling Haruka how he feels again. She kinda just wanted to be friends and put that behind them. Of course she did give him a glimmer of hope by saying she doesn’t know how she would react to being confessed to a second time by the same person. But home boy should have waited a little longer to confess. I guess it was better he didn’t try to fulfill all (any) of Haruka’s expectations and went as himself but 2 days later is not enough time. That is not romantic. That is desperate. And slightly stalker like.

Photobucket

How unnecessary.

:( I am not going to like how Rihoko’s scenes are portrayed at all am I? She looks like a healthy girl to me but since she is not rail thin like the other girls she must be fat. Junichi. Please learn how to be more tactful. Or at the very least please tell the girl the truth: she is pretty no matter what. Do not mention failing diets and crap like that. I do not approve of that.

Photobucket

I think what she is missing is that thing called stability....

Haruka joining every single club in the world was also a bit weird. Her friend mentioned that it was weird too, that most people would be put off by someone coming and going when clubs are supposed to be the place where you form long lasting relationships. Also this reminded me of an unreasonable girl named Haruhi.

Photobucket

Listen to your friend!!!

So…Haruka needs to stop leading people on. She even mentions that her friend thinks she needs to honor people’s feelings too. However Junichi shouldn’t be a creepy creeper. And maybe Junichi’s sister should stop being a freak.

Photobucket

I don't see any mixed signals do you?!

But it’s all good ya’ll Junichi confessed again to Haruka and this time she is all blushy. This is truly a relationship of miracles. Or craziness. Either way I was expecting more. More time of Junichi trying and more time passing. We shall see next week how this budding relationship goes. I sense to Failure Land.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This anime isn't looking that great tbh. I'm still reserving my final judgement for next week, but it isn't looking hopeful for me. I bet you regret picking up this anime, hmm?

Is it just me, or are the "main heroes" supposed to be hated? I haven't even watched this anime, and I hate him. Seriously. From what I can tell he's: whiny, desperate, boring, insecure, creepy, pathetic...I could go on. Care to add anything here? =P

But yes, Haruka joining every club is too much like Haruhi to ignore. I mean, even look at the names...Haru(ka/hi). I mean, Haruhi was a great character. But now, any character who tries to be her/have some of her traits...just don't work.

Before I even consider picking up this anime, it's going to the back of my already long list. "High School of the Dead" goes before this though.

Just looking through your anime list...there are some great anime you haven't watched/plan to watch. Examples being Haibane Remnei, Serial Experiments Lain and Elfen Lied being notable. Would I be surprised if I were to see Amagami SS in the dropped section? ;]

Enjoy your anime :3

Christina said...

Samuel- No it truly isn't going down as the best anime ever that's for sure. It was pretty meh for me. Except the parts where the "big" girl" got picked out. Then there was just outright rage.

If I was making an anime I would make my main character likable yet relateable. But Junichi seems like such a loser who would want to relate to him?

I don't think I regret picking up this show because I love snarking things. XD Sorta like how I kept blogging Vampire Knights even though it made me want to stab my eyes out.

I have an anime list so long you would think I would stop wasting my time with show like this...but then again I love watching stupid sci-fi movies...