Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 13

X_X I thought I was only behind on two blog posts. But I wake up today and see that High School of the Dead episode 1 is also out. XO How did I get so far behind in just three days?! XO How dare my brother sleep on the couch and deny me computer time. How dare my mother take us on vacation. How dare I have a life outside the computer.

XD But it will work out. I shall catch up (hopefully all today) and get myself into a regular blogging schedule. I will probably keep Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru on Mondays, have High School of the Dead on Sundays, and try to get Kuroshitsuji on Saturdays. See everything will work out.

Photobucket

Have no fear, version two Sodom is here!

So on to today’s marathoning blogging. Up first is our sparkly boys battling Kanata. Then after some laundry we will get Kuroshitsuji watched and blogged. And after I put my house back together I will get High School of the Dead knocked out. Yay for plans. On with the show now!!!



Photobucket

But everyone is suppose to love me!!!

Episode Summary: The first 4 minutes of the show basically had Yuki repeating Kanata’s name 15 million times and being in shock. Hotsuma did some yelling that Kanata was supposed to be Yuki’s friend. Luka stood there defending Yuki and being equally shocked that Kanata is Reiga. Shuusei is the only one being clam and thinking it is really odd the Reiga was reborn with Yuki. But we are going to call him Kanata because that is who he is. He heals his two minions of darkness and tells Yuki that all along he was going to betray him. That the night on top of the school he was the one controlling the demon and jazz. Yuki keeps getting HUGE eyes and looking in shock. Luka tries to push back at Kanata, saying that not all people betray each other. Because Luka says it every episode. Kanata cast some kind of ice spell and separates Yuki from the others. Shuusei and Hotsuma fight the twins as Luka fights some ice wolves. Sodom shows up but now he is a wolf too XO

Photobucket

I often carry on conversations when I have huge ice shards in my back.

Yuki tries talking to Kanata but he is bent on saying the words I Will Kill You 1246 more times this episode. Sodom is frozen so he is unable to protect Yuki when ice shards are thrown at him. But that’s fine because Takashiro takes the blast for him. There is a bit of drama but Takashiro gets them all out. Yuki goes a little X_X when he sees WORMS healing up Takashiro’s arm. It’s gross really. Takashiro and Kanata batter back and forth about the past “Oh you haven’t changed” “Neither have you”. Yuki watches and looks generally confused. Also Kanata will kill Yuki. Luka finishes fighting his enemies and frees Sodom as he goes to Yuki’s side. But finally Yuki is lost in his own sadness and can’t move. However Takashiro has brought his A-game today people. Also he and Kanata have matching books of doom. They perform the exact same ritual and summon up their own respective dragons. It is time to fight people!

Photobucket

We shouldn't be fighting at all!!!!

Outside the force field Shuusei has managed to trap the twins with his sparkly balls of doom. Hotsuma uses his fire power attack but this blogger does not know if both the twins die or just one. Either way they rock. Takashiro and Kanata fight with their dragons a bit but Takashiro has the upper hand. There is a brief scene of Takashiro and Reiga fighting in the past and both men thinking AHA you will lose thoughts about the other. But Takashiro wins and Kanata is down for the count. But then Yuki wakes up and begs Takashiro not to hurt his friend. Hotsuma and Shuusei break the shield as Kanata manages to get away. Yuki tries to ask Kanata if this is all his fault but Kanata only answers to not trust Takashiro and he poofs away. Luka tries to comfort Yuki but is hurt when Yuki starts screaming/crying Kanata’s name. THE END!

Photobucket

WOOHOO! Everything is Yuki's fault apparently.

I started with this episode first because I thought it would be the easiest to blog. It went exactly the way I thought it was going to go and I thought it would be best to blog about what I know. Loyalty people. Loyalty.

Photobucket

Oh...so this really does suck...

But yes this episode went how I thought it was going to go. I thought Yuki was going to enter his little self induced coma a little sooner but he did the about of crying and NOOOOOO that I thought he was going to do. I am not blaming him though. If my childhood friend turned out to be my people’s mortal enemy I might be a little hysterical too. So yes his IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING SAY IT AIN’T SO got slightly annoying but I figured that was going to happen and was prepared.

Photobucket

Aw time for hugs!

I did like how they showed Yuki and Kanata meeting for the first time. I don’t know how I thought they first met but I didn’t have that in mind. But baby Yuki was cute and younger Kanata wasn’t evil so yay for everyone. Although I do want to know Yuki was crying in the first place. :( I am just guessing that Kanata grew up in a rough household and was abused and that is why he hates humans. But Yuki gave him a glimmer of hope and that is why Yuki is important to him. Anyway CUTE!

Photobucket

To kill or not to kill...

My theory on Kanata is that he was Reiga in a former life. Well I guess that is not a theory it is. But the reason why he turned on the organization was because he wanted to protect girl Yuki. Maybe he wanted to break the cycle and her out. I think that because Kanata has told Yuki not to trust Takashiro. Sure Kanata is a bit evil right now but I believe him. That and everyone else has said they feel crummy about lying to Yuki so it leads me to believe that there is more to this we fight the baddies and they are always super bad. However I don’t know why Kanata is saying I want to kill you every 5 minutes but he tries to protect Yuki. It might be a split personality thing or Kanata is trying to come off as evil to protect Yuki from the HORRIBLE TRUTH. Either way he is confusing and I doubt it will be explained until the last episode. Then everyone will go AW he was on our side the whole time.

Photobucket

Kill them faster!


Photobucket

Now is not the time to feel sorry for yourself!!!!

Luka! You need to man up a little faster my friend. You are going to lose Yuki if you don’t fight for him a little harder. There are hot guys every which way and Yuki is the character everyone could fall in love with. So…kill the sparkle demons, wolves, and crazy puppets of doom a little faster next time. Also I get that Yuki crying Kanata’s name out at the end was a little upset and I get you are hurt. But you needed to hug him anyway. You are always going to be there for him and holding him during that time was crucial my friend. You might be hurt but you don’t have time to show this hurt. I sense a little bit of misunderstanding is going to occur and their relationship will be hurt by this one event.

Photobucket

Don't forget about us hotties!

Shuusei and Hotsuma were in the back ground this episode but they were still important. They were there to back up Luka’s whole not everyone will betray you bit. Hotsuma was pretty vocal on how he was upset that Kanata was betraying Yuki. Shuusei was trying to think more logical about the situation and generally helped kicked butt. They worked well as a team and looked hot while doing so. But they still need to have their own moment where Hotsuma expresses how Shuusei pissed him and Shuusei begs for forgiveness. XD

Photobucket

Everyone gets a dragon hurray!

Takashiro is slightly gangsta. Of course he does the thing where he doesn’t get Yuki out of the way but takes the blast for himself. Stop doing that people. I know it is dramatic and makes you look like the sacrificing hero but really you can protect your person better if you are not bleeding from the back. I wasn’t really following the whole book/spell thing. I am sure it will make sense later why they both have demon books. But he needed to step up and finish Kanata off. You already made Yuki sad just finish it off now! Of course then we wouldn’t have much of show would we…..

Photobucket

How about no?!?!

Why were their worms in Takashiro’s arm? Seriously what was that all about? Did Kanata do that to Takashiro or is Takashiro something Resident Evil? Either way EWWW. And I am sure that Yuki will forget about that small detail because Luka is going to comfort him. The way it should be.

Photobucket

Takashiro has some anger issues.

I also liked the small scene from the past with Takashiro and Reiga. Hopefully we will get more details as the series progresses and not all at the end. Even tiny pieces of the past each episode would be enough for me. Even if that means I would have to see girl Yuki….meh.

Okay. So next week it looks like I shall get my wish. Unless that is Toko in the ugly dress. But Hotsuma is manhandling Shuusei and Yuki is all touching Luka. Looks like success to me!

Photobucket

Everyone needs a hug!

One post down hopefully two to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost every nitpick you point out, the manga did differently! For example, Yuki isn't a crybaby who repeats "Kanata-san" 80 billion times, and in this scene Luka actually touches and comforts Yuki when he's on the ground crying.

Basically what the anime did was take Hotsuma's crush on Yuki and replace it with an angsty-Yuki crush on Kanata. It puts Kanata and Luka into way more opposition for Yuki's affection than ever happens in the original story (where Yuki is team Luka all the way).

Sodom has one more upgrade!

From the preview of the next ep it looks like they are including at least some of the mushy Luka/Yuki scene I was so hoping they would keep. If they change it have no I will post the original and a quickie translation.

KUROSHITSUJI II WAS AWESOME! Yes all caps. Totally demented and awesome... and then I saw the previews at the end of the episode and went D: because we got trolled. Hard. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

A little pat on the back never hurts in winning the heart of your beloved...

http://i.imgur.com/Q6OlH.jpg

translation: [Luka] YUKI! TAKASHIRO! [Yuki] Why are you doing this Kanata'san! etc

http://i.imgur.com/Ezu6D.jpg

translation:

[Kanata] I thought that if I was beside you, I could watch over you.

But now the circumstances have pushed us apart.

I wish....

Goodbye Yuki.

Christina said...

Anonymous- Since I was expecting the crybaby attack it didn't really bother me that much. But since that didn't happen in the manga it makes me roll my eyes. Let's just change Yuki into a crying useless person shall we?

And Luka pulling away from Yuki was such an emo move. Now Luka is going to be all OH YUKI LOVE KANATA and will pull away. Yuki will be all butthurt that Luka is ignoring him and we will watch them not establish more of a relationship because of this.

XO But I think I like Hotsuma being only team Shuusei. Makes them the actual romantic couple.

Next week looks like all mush which is a good thing. Shuusei getting manhandled by Hotsuma looks hot and Yuki might actually touch Luka. All exciting stuff.

Jan Suzukawa said...

The funny thing was that, in the previous episode, it was already obvious that Kanata was Reiga. Akira Ishida has the most recognizable voice in all of anime, so even though he tried to do his Reiga voice differently, it was still obviously him. ;)

They're finally moving forward with the plot of this story, which is a good thing.

Christina said...

Jan- I think it should have been obvious to Hotsuma and Yuki. Like...how is Kanata able to be in this world randomly and why isn't he freaking out more....Either way Yuki is going to be mope city thinking it is all his fault now.