Wednesday, July 7, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 14: National Mugi Day!

XO Why did K-On!! get subbed so late? How dare those subbers have lives! Don’t they know I had a crazy day and I need my weekly dose of crazy? Well my Wednesdays are usually crazy but K-On!! is a good kind of crazy.

Photobucket

Surprise!!! An episode full of Mugi!!!

Also I was a little harsh on this episode last week and I think I should take that back. The previews last week looked boring and to be honest the scene in question was slightly boring. Why they chose to preview the boringest part of the show is beyond me XO Since this episode was about Mugi they should have made the preview extra special or something, not bored to tears!

In any event…time of crazy antics. And a lot of sweets. Watching this show makes me hungry for cake.



Photobucket

Save my Mugi!!!!

Episode Summary: Ritsu is bored and wants to do something before summer classes start. Only Mio is the devil and wants to study or something. Completely crazy I know. Slightly defeated Ritsu tries to find something to do when she finds Mugi. She tries to sneak up on our eyebrow love but Mugi pulls a fast one on her and scares Ritsu. Mugi had plans to go shopping today but she cancels her plans when she realizes that spending the day with one friend is her lifelong dream. Elsewhere Yui is studying with Nodoka. That is not drama free as Nodoka eats Yui’s strawberry off her cake and Azusa is called to weigh in on her thoughts on the matter. Spoiler: Consensus says Yui is crazy. Ritsu takes Mugi to an arcade. Mugi has a blast when Ritsu wins her a plushie and taking goofy pictures. Since the arcade drains Ritsu financially they go to a cheap candy shop where Ritsu buys a bunch of junk and teaches Mugi how to eat them properly. Then at McDonalds the subject of Mio comes up and how she hit Ritsu once for borrowing money.

Photobucket

Mugi looks so cute when she thinks she is being evil.

Suddenly it becomes Mugi’s lifelong dream to be hit by a friend. Ritsu is unable to perform under the pressure and says that Mugi will have to do something stupid in order to get punched. Summer classes start the next day (not sure what those are) and everyone is on time, including Yui. Mio accidentally wore her school uniform which means she must be mocked. Mugi wore a crazy dress in the hopes Ritsu would hit her. They go to a different building to register for classes or something. There Mugi explains that she feels left out because no one punches her or flops on her. She wants to be one of the girls and maimed. So Ritsu tries to train Mugi into making Mio mad so she can be punched. Only Mugi rocks at everything and is unable to make Mio mad. Sad Mugi is sad. They go to the club room to practice but somehow this leads to eating cake. Mugi again fails to get hit and wins two pieces of cake. Mugi then tries to steal Mio’s strawberry so she can get hit. But that only leads to Mio crying and Yui going AHA I was right. Later Mugi explains her desire to get hit…but no one can muster up the strength to smack her. Later Ritsu apologizes for failing and Mugi calls her a dude. XO Suddenly Ritsu smacks her and all is right in the world. Mugi and Ritsu have matching band aids and Mio is sad that she didn’t get to hang out with Mugi that day. THE END!

THIS EPISODE IS ALL ABOUT MUGI! THEREFORE IT IS AWESOME!!!!

Photobucket

Hear that?! It is Mugi day!!!!

We shall declare July 7th national Mugi Day even though technically it came out sooner in Japan. In any event FINALLY! We fans deserve Mugi time. She is also cast aside, only chiming in to be a dork and be enthusiast about a silly issue. But now we have an entire episode devoted to Mugi being a dork and being excited about mundane things. Break out the cake for Mugi day!!!

I have no idea what summer classes are in terms of Japanese schools. Here summer classes are mainly for kids who fail a class during the last school year. But in Japan it seems to be something different. But I have no idea what it is therefore I shall skip it XO They went to a building the end!

Photobucket

XO I want a Mugi hug!!!!

Mugi was amazing the entire episode. Ritsu was trying to sneak up Mugi and BAM Mugi scared her instead. I do wonder why Mugi was on the “ordinary” part of town to do her shopping but roll with it! At least Mugi was out shopping instead of sending a personal shopper in her place. The look on her face at the thought of spending the day alone with her friend was too cute and priceless. I love my Mugi.

Photobucket

Ritsu playin it cool.

I wish that they would have spent more time in the arcade. I think it would have been cute seeing Mugi squealing at video games and such. But her winning a plushie was good enough I guess. She had a fun time doing the stickers. Had Mio been there she would be crying about looking silly and to take the picture properly. Mugi knows how to kick back and go with the flow.

Photobucket

I am highly suspicious of that candy...

Next up is the candy shop. I wish I had one of those shops near me. The closest we have to that type of shop is the kind that charges by the ¼ pound which adds up really fast. Mugi not knowing how to each typical/cheap candy was cute. Ritsu is such a good teacher. Also I really want cake.

Photobucket

Mugi has lots of dreams...

Now when Mugi wanted to get punched I was like X_X. My Mugi is often out there in lala land but this one was pushing it. Why would my dear Mugi want to get punched? She is a nice girl with pickle eyebrows. She isn’t a crazy pants like Yui. So I don’t blame Ritsu for not being able to perform under pressure. I would be like…okay?.....too. Then when she was least expecting her POW.

Photobucket

She wants to feel the love!!!!

But then she explained herself later and all was right with the world. She just wanted to belong! Nothing to see here people. It truly makes sense when you think about it. Ritsu gets whacked on by Mio and Yui is all over Azusa. Mugi wants to be a part of the affection club. WHY IS MUGI LEFT OUT! However…her asking to be a part of the affection club makes things less genuine which is sad. Not that Mugi minds but everyone should pay more attention to her.

Photobucket

This means war!

My favorite Mugi fail moment was eating Mio’s strawberry. She listened and followed Ritsu’s advice to a T and all she got is a crying Mio. I loved it. Loved Yui running to get fail Nodoka and Mugi sitting there like her life was over. Hugs for all. Strawberries are serious business.

Photobucket

Ouch. Brutal honesty.

In the end Mugi got her way and she didn’t even have to do anything. She just said Ritsu would be a popular dude. I thought that was obvious but I guess not. But congratulations Mugi! You got hit by doing something on accident. You are now one of the girls.

Photobucket

Language young lady!

Mio blowing Ritsu off to study was understandable. Given that they are seniors I am surprised she is not more gunho about studying and freaking out about exams. However when Mio whined later about how Ritsu should have called her back since Mugi was involved I laugh. See everyone loves Mugi!!!

Photobucket

I hear you Yui. I speak your language.

Yui studying…blew my mind. Of course she fell asleep and later whined about a strawberry for most of her study session but her heart was in the right place. And for the record I would pissed too if someone ate my special topping on my cake. Yui said have a piece of my cake. She did not offer the special topping on the cake. How can you taste the cake if all you eat is a strawberry?!?!?! You were right Yui. Frame it, I might not say it again.

There was a new opening and closing theme song. Out of all the opening theme songs so far I like this one the most. But since I am super picky on songs that is all I have to say on that matter. I am boring, forgive me.

So…next week is back to school again? Because summer classes are over or just started? I don’t care, there will probably be cake. XO And more Mugi hopefully.

Photobucket

Don't leave me Mugi!!!!


8 comments:

Shirukii said...

I think the subbers thought that K-On!! was only 13 episodes, so they had no idea ep 14 even existed for a while.

Christina said...

Shirukii- They were like OH CRAP this series is still going?! Quick to the Subbers Cave!

Unknown said...

I take back most things I said about last episode. The fact that it was a Mugi episode made me very happy :3

But yes, our girl Mugi is quite the strange one XD When I first heard her say that she wanted to be hit, I thought it was her just being the way she normally is - you know what I mean, her enjoying "lower class" stuff despite being insanely rich. But, when I heard that reason, I felt sorry for her. I always knew that she was "the odd one out" but the fact that she realised herself....:(

We want more Mugi. Nao. :3

Christina said...

Samuel- I too feel bad about going into this episode with the attitude it was going to suck. But we were mislead by the previews so it's okay.

I thought Mugi was being far to special when she requested to be hit. Like it randomly came out of nowhere. But then she explained herself and I was all AWWW. Mugi seems to be the more sensitive girl out of the bunch and picks up on the small things. Weird how Azusa feels left out when Mugi really is the one without a pair.

There should be more Mugi episodes and less episodes with the juniors!

blindability said...

I think we all learned something about Mugi from this episode - and it's about time! The poor girl has felt left out for far too long in more ways than one it seems. I'm glad she explicitly shared how she felt left out being the only one without a counter part; I'm also glad that she got to spend some time with Ritsu one-on-one if only to show her spending time with one of the other girls not in a group setting. It was also satisfying to have Mio say that she wanted to spend time with Mugi as well at the end. They do appreciate her after all! ...Despite the oddness of her aspirations, haha.

This is my new FAVOURITE episode.

I want a Mugi hug too.

Christina said...

blindability- XD More episodes have to be Mugicentric! I command it.

I think it is a bit sad that two years later Mugi is only now voicing how she feels. :( Makes me want to hug her because she was so lonely and then I remember she isn't real. XO But yes, I am glad she voiced how she felt instead of going about it in her crazy Mugi way.

I think there should be more one on one times with all the girls. I have fun when I am with a large group of friends but you learn more about people when it's just the two of you.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo Ritsu and Mugi went on a date? OMG this anime is so yuri xD Ritsu why are you cheating on Mio? T_T

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think that given the chance Mio would want to go on a date with Mugi so they are even. XD