Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nendoroid Mami Tomoe is making her presence known!

I am not a fan of the rain. I know that it is a necessity for life in general but not a fan. I tend to wear pants that a boot cut but don't wear the boots. So my pants usually drag on the ground which turns my pants into two ton weights during the rain. So on my days off I pray it will rain so all of my FAVORITE co-workers can get wet instead of me. Of course...that means I have to stay home....

Before I get to my exciting MAMI post I am going to link you lovely readers to where I buy my nendoroids. Someone asked me but I took way too long to reply so here is the answer.

Hobby Search is my first choice of nendoroid shopping (the husband's too). You can earn points depending on what you buy. Shipping is generally reasonable and the prices are lowered for a preorder item. Website link: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/

AmiAmi is also a good website if you are looking for nendoroids. Not sure about their shipping prices though as the husband does most of the buy. Website link: http://www.amiami.com/


Photobucket

Finally she has arrived!!!

OKAY! Now it is time for Mami! my favorite character from this series despite her um...short time on screen. XD


Photobucket

First we got to take some pictures of the box.


Photobucket

I always get worried about ripping the box when I take off the sticker.


Photobucket

That doesn't look friendly too me.


Photobucket

HMMMM in all these pictures there is no stand. That is cheating!


Photobucket

Weee so many weapons and so little time.


Photobucket

Here she is! After many months of waiting she is finally here. Her hands, like Homura, are pretty firmly in place. But I was not impressed with the plug that connected to her back. Obviously you take these nendoroids apart a lot and I find it easier to just keep the plug in the back and take the stand off. This plug was not staying in place at all, even when the husband got involved. The only flaw I could find with this nendoroid but due to this flaw Mami took a header into the table when I moved her and now her hair has "character".


Photobucket

Closer view of Mami's jewel. Soul gem if you would. Wonder what is inside it.


Photobucket

Close up of the ADORABLE hat. It is magnet and it fits perfectly on Mami's head if you put it on just right. Which means you really can't put it in different spots if you felt so inclined.


Photobucket

Yes come be my friend. Everything will work out I promise.


Photobucket

Being the mature 9th grader Mami is she has snacks and drinks ready for all her guests.


Photobucket

Close up view of the lovely treats. Mami comes with special hands already holding the treats. So no need to worry about them being dropped.


Photobucket

A certain someone sees something delicious. I suggest not sharing.


Photobucket

But Mami isn't all about sweets. She is also a veteran Magical Girl. Oh snap have I not probably introduced Mami yet?


Photobucket

Close up of the guns and their little stand. Mami is the oldest girl in the series Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. While many fans thought they were getting another magical girl show things quickly went from WEE girl power to...well end of the world. And Mami was part of the turning point.


Photobucket

Mami is a very powerful magical girl. And unlike most of the girls in this series BUT like most magical girls she actually labels her attacks. Because she is awesome and full of hope. Only one of the guns can be held though.


Photobucket

Mami's SUPER spell. Bring on the dead witches!


Photobucket

This pose was one of the most frustrating scenes I have tried to create out of all my nendoroids though. Maybe if the back plug worked better there would not have been anger. Mami has to be set as far back as possible for this to work and even then I couldn't get her hands to look like they were holding the gun. Maybe I am just special and the husband could have done a better job with staging.


Photobucket

Or I could just take pictures like this and you can't see how special I am YAY!


Photobucket

Time for serious Mami. The hats are off folks! Not the gloves but the hats!


Photobucket

Together we can save the world Madoka. Notice how I didn't ask Sayaka for help at all. BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES HER!


Photobucket

Here is a close up view of Mami's AWESOME hair. I appreciate cosplayers who take the time to make their hair as close as possible to the original. But with nendoroids everything is perfect yay!


Photobucket

Despite the fact that Mami has a huge gun in her set she still comes with something....a little extra.


Photobucket

Meet Charlotte! Everyone's favorite cake eating witch. Her time on screen was brief and she appeared to be an easy boss...but Mami's facial expression says it all doesn't it?


Photobucket

Um....Moving right along!!!


Photobucket

Mami happily joins the other Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica girls in my case. One of these days I will buy a huge glass case but this is what I have for now. My poor nendoroids, less and less space for them to have. But it will do for now. I hope everyone loves Mami as much as I do! And if not...well just don't love Sayaka. Whom will be on her way shortly.....


No comments: