Friday, October 15, 2010

XXXholic Chapter 208: Can we stop being boring now?


Photobucket

At least the art is still spot on.

You know how I whine about how CLAMP releases their work super slow and with such few pages and how I go crazy waiting for new chapters? If you are unaware of that yeah I whine a lot of about the slowness of CLAMP and how 13 pages is not enough after waiting so long.

So……yeah. XXXholics. Why are you sucking?

Spoilers for…what chapter was I even on?! 206? X_X


What is sparking this little rant is the latest chapter, chapter 208. Boring as HELL people. Seriously what is this crap? I know that while Tsubasa and XXXHolic share similar themes and characters they are different shows. Tsubasa had a lot of action with some major internal drama and a splash of magic. XXXholics has always been more about the supernatural element and explaining the crazy things that go on in the world.

I am fine with these differences. I enjoy both mangas separately and when they interconnect. I like watching the battles and such in Tsubasa and I like ghosts and such being explained in XXXholic.

Photobucket

SO MUCH BORING

But there has to be a limit on boring people. Haruka explaining festivals for like 8 pages. 8 damn pages. And it was boring. And I learned nothing. Seriously I just read all that crap and retained nothing. It was just blah blah this and that. How Watanuki thought this was all interesting is beyond me. Or how Haruka had some hidden meaning is REALLY beyond me. It was BORING!!!!

Photobucket

Finally someone on my side.

Then Watanuki and Ame-Warashi talking about chrysanthemum MOG PEOPLE. Why is that word so hard to spell? It’s like a joke. But yeah Watanuki and Ms. I want to kill all humans…SO BORING. The flowers were pretty. But Ms. Killer saying that all these festivals are useless under the human calendar made me want to scream. LIKE OKAY then why did you tell me all this?!

Photobucket

I love how no one thought this was weird at all.

And then Watanuki dances for like an hour on his water garden. Oh okay. I couldn’t stop laughing at the pointy elf shoes. He is all dancing around to make wine. Which I am sure it does have some protective element to it and it really came across as Yuko, doing something complicated for something so little, but I was like meh. Meh to the entire thing.

The best part of the chapter was Domeki and my glimmer of Domeki/Watanuki pairing. Watanuki is saying he made the wine for all his special people and lists his important people. Minus Domeki of course. In Watanuki’s mind he was leaving Domeki to be mean but in Domeki’s mind Watanuki was going to give him wine FIRST so he would let Watanuki pretend he was being mean.

Photobucket

This is my clinging to hope.

Then Domeki says that Watanuki has to drink the wine too. Because Watanuki is important to Domeki (and everyone else). Watanuki tends to not think about himself in these matters but Domeki is always there to watch out for him.

And that folks is what I want with XXXholic. Yaoi.

Seriously…yeah probably more yaoi. But I want more….plot I guess. I thought maybe Yuko would get more of a mention. That this stupid egg thing would be revealed. That the ultimate reasoning behind the baddie (aka Domeki all grown up) would be unleashed on the suspecting masses and we would all go AHA.

But no. We get flowers and wine and Watanuki wearing robes. Sure Watanuki was cute a few chapters back when he protected Domeki from that crazy obsessed girl. And Domeki was awesome protecting Watanuki. AND GROWN UP KOHANE IS CUTE!

But where is Ms. Homewrecker? Have we not seen her because she looks like Yuko? Why are the years flying by and nothing is happening in terms of Domeki trying to save Watanuki from this fate? And after 10 years the Tsubasa gang has only stopped by once?!

Photobucket

I vote for more important stuff too!

I am just disappointed. I love XXXholics and right now I am a very bored fan. Please CLAMP ladies..spice it up. Somehow. Make it more plot centric or something. I am tired of these boring nobodies. :( Also yaoi?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah I kinda like seeing Older Sexy Watanuki. Though....I get the feeling they made Doumeki and Himawari be married.
If so then I am not a happy girl.

Christina said...

kittyfo- If Domeki and Himawari are married I will scream. But the way Watanuki was referring to the husband makes me feel as if he was showing respect and we know he doesn't act that way around Domeki.

So here is hoping there is a chance for a Watanuki/Domeki pairing. XD