Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Psychic Detective Yakumo episode 2

My fingers feel really weird today. Glad I did most of this blog yesterday as they do not want to type properly. But I am a tired Tenchi from shopping for my trip and helping the husband get what he needs for his.

Photobucket

Yakumo sees everything.

Psychic Detective Yakumo episode 2. Will it be the stuff of dreams or a boring nightmare? Can a nightmare be boring?

Also yeah I don’t know what I was thinking last episode but dude’s name is Yakumo. So why was I referring to him by his last name? Oh yeah some purple head dude I need to track down and watch in his sexy new clothing.



Photobucket

He is there to make friends.

Episode Summary: The episode starts off with two construction workers doing some last minute stuff at a shrine. They start talking about how a ghost haunts the shrine and right on cue the ghost comes out and haunts them. NO WAY RIGHT?! Haruka goes to the club room to bother Yakumo and gets a look at his uncontacted eye. Yakumo is harsh but honest with her when she asks him personal questions. Like that he lied to get this club started and such. Haruka is like whatever let’s go visit my friend in the hospital. Yakumo is like yo ghosts the baddie has been caught. They leave and Miki gets to say an entire line before the scene goes to Haruka and Yakumo waiting for the bus. Yakumo talks about his powers and how he doesn’t want to force ghosts to leave, that he rather talk and solve their problems. Haruka thinks that Yakumo’s way of solving ghost problems is awesome, she thinks he is scum for accepting money like all the scam artists. Which makes no sense because she got a part time job to pay this fool back. She goes to her part time job as a restaurant worker. She talks to some dude about how she loves Yakumo but thinks he is an asshole.

Photobucket

Paid for a job well done? Crazy talk!

Then some dude, I don’t know who, comes to the restaurant and banishes the workers away to take a personal call. There the owner of the restaurant talks about the two shrines that are nearby that worship the fox. One happens to be the one with the ghost HMMMMM. Haruka goes and visits the ghost shrine and she runs into a ghost. Shocker. While trying to escape the ghost she runs into Yakumo’s Uncle Isshin. He has a red eye too but HAHA just kidding he wears a red eye contact so Yakumo won’t suffer alone. Okay. That makes sense. Isshin explains that Yakumo doesn’t come home often because all the ghosts bother him. So when they go up the stairs to the house part of the shrine Yakumo is sitting right there. Nao, Yakumo’s little cousin, runs up and gives Haruka a hug. She doesn’t talk but that doesn’t get explained. Yakumo leaves without any fanfare but Isshin explains that Yakumo is really nice deep down. Haruka goes after Yakumo but she gets all MOG he is talking to a girl I am jealous. That doesn’t stop her from going back to the temple the next night though. She runs into the rude old dude that came into the restaurant. He is touching the wish board that says I want to see her. He starts mumbling about how it isn’t fair that he is old and has finally seen the truth.

Photobucket

Hi be jealous of me and my freaklish long neck.

The ghost shows up and Yakumo saves Haruka from becoming a splat cake. He then goes AHA this is not a ghost and states this is all human done stuff. The owner of the restaurant comes out and says Yo sorry it was me. A long time ago old mean dude and restaurant owner were friends. Old dude was supposed to run away to marry some well to do girl. But the message on where to meet up go mixed up and one waited at the east fox shrine and the other at the west. Since dude was the “lesser” of the two status wise he couldn’t go after her. So she married someone else and died giving birth a year later. Amazing. Old man was trying to combine the shrines (hence the construction) together so somehow this will give his woman peace. Only Yakumo is like she is here NOW. Ghost lady appears and old dude gets to have his moment with his dead girlfriend. Yakumo tells jealous Haruka that the chick he was talking to earlier was the granddaughter of the dead chick and she wanted him to investigate. Yakumo tries to tell her to hit the highway but Haruka wants to be more HONEST with her feelings and is staying with him. Okay. Elsewhere the bad guy is doing bad guy things. Something about killing some chicks to bring someone back to life. I don’t know. THE END!

Photobucket

This chick DIED in the time it took me to write all that.

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE! I was typing the summary while watching Project Runway and it seriously got away from me. 700 words is not a summary people. X_X Maybe I should watch Project Runway a little closer, I need to edit myself. So yeah…on to the snark although I probably already went through all the details.

Photobucket

...The short dude did it.

The mystery really was bleh this week. It was really a mystery at all. There was really no way the viewer could have guessed who doneit with the very basic information we had to go on. Just a ghost at the shrine and that the customer was an asshole. Not the restaurant dude is pretending to be a ghost but really there is a ghost. So in terms of mystery this episode was bleh.

Photobucket

I WANT YOUR BABIES!!!!!

Haruka already being in love with Yakumo was a bit disappointing as well. I mean she even said he was a sucky human being yet she is already drawn to him? She should still be in denial or something. None of this let’s be honest with each other. Okay you have spent 5 minutes with the dude how do you know he is worthy of being stalked? I guess I would have liked her feelings to come more naturally with time or something.

Photobucket

Thanks for the speedy rescue.

Dude why didn’t Yakumo go heal Haruka’s friend the minute they got down from the burning house? I mean they spent enough talk just talking up there, why not stay up all night and heal people? Weird I would have been like dude time to visit my friend now. But since Haruka might have been thinking of something other than her friend’s health at the time…..yeah. Sucky friend for sure.

Photobucket

He seems nice. Surely he shall die.

I thought the Uncle was nice. I mean that is probably why the mystery sucked, so we could be introduced to the family and what not. But Isshin wearing a fake red eye to support Yakumo is nice and the way he lies about Yakumo being a nice person was lovely. Lies but expected. I do think it is a little melodramatic that Yakumo grew up in a temple when ghosts bother him. Meh to make him more likable or tragic I guess. But Uncle is nice.

Photobucket

What is this?! Is this the real ghost?

Niece is boring and creepy. She just FEELS things people. Well I FELT from her X_X. Her big smiley eyes for no reason was..I don’t know. Do not want.

Photobucket

This whole waiting thing really worked out for you. Good thing you listened to society....

The back story to the mystery was a bit x_X. Like I hope if my boyfriend had a lower social standing than me but we AGREED to run away together and HE knew the meeting place got confused he would come to me! I mean aren’t they already disobeying society by running away together? Why the hell would they follow one rule and break another? Also girl is dumb for not looking for him. Basically they both were dumb over a silly misunderstanding and they deserved each other. Only they were so dumb they couldn’t get together to be dumb together.

Photobucket

Are you really that dumb?

So basically Yakumo lives in a world of stupid people? That is my understanding anyway. I like that he is pretty direct and straight forward. Sometimes he comes across as rude which is fine. On purpose or if that is the way he is they deserve it. And yes I think he deserves to be paid for his work. HELLO he can really talk to ghosts, why would Haruka compare him to hacks?

Photobucket

DO SOMETHING!!!!

This week’s episode was really slow and boring. Hopefully the main baddie and their mass murdering self brings the interesting next week. Peace out.

Photobucket

Crap now Haruka sees all.



No comments: