Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hakuouki Hekketsuroku episode 2

Work…was a super bad idea today. Like I don’t know what I was thinking. Well I was told to come in so I guess that is what I was thinking. Right now trying to eat some soup and crackers. We are going on an hour now for one bowl of soup. Wish me luck.

But after my 4 hour nap I decided to watch a bit of anime. So here we are with Hakuouki Hekketsuroku. Is there a reason why these words are so hard for me to type? Just trying to be difficult for me I suppose.

Spoilers for sexy boys, men being men, and Chizuru being stupid. Although Chizuru being stupid isn’t much of a spoiler is it?



Photobucket

Someone needs a hug. :(

Episode Summary: Souji is super sad looking at his uniform. He wanted to go with the others when he learned that Kondou was going but Hijikata is like no you can join us when you are better. Which will probably never happen and he will join them half dead but okay. Speaking of Kondou he is leading the troops to some castle, smiling and enjoying his new position. He stays in his hometown to get new people and to kiss up to people and this sits poorly with some people. Shinpachi is especially not impressed with this situation of OH now we are important and he is mad that the new recruits sorta suck. Saito is like so Hijikata do you think we can win this battle and Hijikata is like…nope I don’t. FUN TIMES PEOPLE! Chizuru wakes up after having a nightmare and sees Saito walking to some pretty flowers. Saito is having a sad day because his warrior way of life is slowly fading what with new technologies. He talks about his past and how he learned about true strength and wonders if any of these principals will live on. Chizuru tries to say some reassuring things and Saito seems happy. Probably because he has sexy clothes though.

Photobucket

I'm glad you know you are an idiot. XD

Some dude runs up and is like I HAVE NEWS. The baddies are already at the castle. The one they were supposed to protect. That is probably a really bad thing. Everyone is like um this is bad news we probably shouldn’t do this anymore. They send for Kondou who decides that running away would be a bad idea instead of the best idea ever. When people start saying this is suicide he calls them cowards. A fight almost breaks out but Saito asks Hijikata what he thinks and people follow Hijikata. Hijikata decides to leave to get more troops. He tells Chizuru he wants her to leave as it will be unsafe soon (then why did she come in the first place?!) and he wants to protect her. Chizuru is like NO I am super useful I can protect Kondou. Hijikata decides this is okay and makes a warrior pact with her. So the day of the battle arrives and our people are getting killed. Well the not so good looking people anyway, not the main characters. Bodies everywhere people!

Photobucket

Can we retreat now before we lose all our meat shields?

Each time Kondou is told a bad piece of news he is like GO FIGHT MORE. When they get surrounded on all three sides Kondou decides to charge the enemy but that just leads to the three people he was with being killed. THEN AND ONLY THEN does he realize that retreating won’t be the worst thing ever. But he wants to commit suicide by cop…enemy I mean. Chizuru talks some sense into him and the main characters go to round up the rest of non important people. While doing so Harada runs into his friend Shiranui who also has a nice new outfit. They fight for a little while but Shiranui isn’t with the main baddies. But then all of a sudden zombie soldiers start attacking and reattacking as killing them is hard. Shiranui protects Harada and Saito is amazing. And who is the leader of this zombie horde? Oh and Chizuru’s brother is running around for some reason. The end!

XO Saito is so sexy in his new clothes!!!

Wait that can’t be my whole post? But I think if that was my whole post it might be longer. And it might be more interesting. But I shall endure.

Photobucket

All this screen time worries me...but pleases me at the same time. XD

But seriously people I was getting worried about Saito. He was getting a lot of screen time this week and that usually means death is just around the corner. Or in the case of this show time to be a zombie. Which I do not want any time soon for this hottie. So I am very pleased that he didn’t get nommed or get shot or anything else terrible. Which in a show about shooting and men being stupid boneheads it is a strong possibility.

Photobucket

I also feel bad that Chizuru had to be the one to comfort him.

I do feel bad for Saito. And all the men really. Their entire way of life is changing. Not that I think running around slashing people with swords is a positive way to live one’s life but I can see other principals being lost. One relying on their own power. Feeling a weapon in your own hand. Using restraint and fighting for a “just” cause. That makes me sad for him.

So like..Kondou is being a jerk right? I don’t understand WHO they are fighting but even I can see Kondou was a little full of himself. Shinpachi and Harada being mad at how Kondou was acting might have been over the top but they have been there from the beginning. They have a right to be mad that Kondou is so far removed from the principals that got them to where they are today. However I do understand that Kondou needs to do a little bit of butt kissing and drinking to get people on his side and make a good impression. Because men in power are dumb. Logically he should have been spending that time to train his troops better but it is a lot like politics. Sometimes a lot gets done and sometimes a lot of partying happens with other powerful people.

Photobucket

Best motivator EVER!

However…he was really dumb to keep calling his most loyal troops wimps or or whatever. Like oh hi instead of listening to the good points you are presenting I am going to question your manhood. Because that is a way to keep things strong. So that was super dumb.

Photobucket

It is hard to fight for a cause when you are dead.

It was also dumb to not retreat when they were being attacked on three sides. I am not much of a war expert but that sounds like the perfect (last) time to retreat. But no, we can’t be cowards. HELLO STUPID! It is hard to be a war hero if you died before you even started. Think about it that way. Or in the WOW maybe I should put my stupid pride aside so people don’t needlessly die way. Whatever works.

Photobucket

Chizuru making sense?! MOG XO

And then he takes the dumb cake by trying to die on purpose. Like oh you couldn’t have done that earlier before all the innocent men who trusted you die. No no, you think dying would repent for what you did and help you reclaim your honor. Which you know…is what would have happened. You would have been branded a hero when really you weren’t being one. So I am glad that Chizuru was able to do something right.

Photobucket

WTF is this?!

So Hijikata is also stupid right? He was right to tell Chizuru she needed to leave (she should never have been allowed to come but then we wouldn’t have ROMANCE). But then she is like I want to stay and protect Kondou and he was like oh okay! Maybe part of him was like…if Chizuru won’t leave I will place her with the two strongest warriors (Kondou and Saito) and PRETEND I am leaving her to guard them. Yeah. Otherwise Hijikata is the stupidest person ever. And we can’t be having that right?

Photobucket

Onward to death!

The battles, who they are fighting. XD I still don’t get it. Someone last season tried to explain it to me but I think I would need a crash course in Japanese history to understand this all. So the baddies are…baddies. They are going against the traditional way of Japanese warriors and are using foreign aid to get nice shiny weapons. But why they are so pissed off I don’t know. They are the baddies. The end.

Although..I thought Chikage and band of misfits were in on this group of baddies. Obviously I was wrong. Everyone is a baddie and hate our handsome heroes. Everyone is on different sides and I don’t know what is going on. I just think our heroes really, really need a lot more troops if everyone hates them.

Photobucket

I think they enjoyed themselves. XD

Was it just me or did Shiranui and Harada have a moment? Yes I know I am a crazy yaoi fangirl and I make up crazy things in my head. But they seemed to be having fun trying to kill each other. And then Shiranui helped Harada out and protected him from the zombie army. I don’t know, almost brought a tear to my eye. Harada practicing his spear more so he can kill Shiranui and Shiranui stalking him. It is all so lovely.

Photobucket

Yes...YOU!

So um…like was I supposed to know that dude at the end? Because I don’t. XD I kinda rock that way, forgetting unimportant people. But yeah don’t know him or why he has a zombie army. Let me go look online real quick to see who the hell he is.

Photobucket

It is slowly not coming back to me...

OH X_X. I see now. I guess I was thinking about him in terms of his last name. But I guess his whole name has been mentioned before. So if this is spoiler….I’m sorry but you know. Chizuru’s dad is the zombie king! Good job Chizuru. In the year plus it took you NOT to find your dad he was off losing his mind. Can’t wait to see why next week. XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are the best, i thought i was the only one who flipped anytime Chizuru had screentime. Everytime she causes someone to get injured cause of her stupidity and one of the bishies tells her "it's not your fault" i just answer back "no, actually it is her fault dude!"
As for the guys, just as Horo from Spice and wolf said, to be manly and to have common sense doesn't come hand in hand. I only watch the show cause of the history (which we know doesn't end good for the shinsengumi) and the eyecandies. Other than dat it is just a shallow show.

Christina said...

Chizuru is the most useless character ever. I might be showing my age a bit but back in my day people were hating on Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi for being useless and needing to be rescued every 5 seconds. Well Miaka never carried a sword and acted like she could do something. She knew she was weak but tried her best. Chizuru pretends she is awesome and people are like...no but we will pretend anyway.

I'm not even watching for the history. XD Just here for the hot guys!