Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! Rose Bowl Parade!

In case you missed my special little countdown last night....HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Photobucket
Yay for tiny pieces of paper!
Are you in that mix of people that rang in the New Year? Time Square looked so crowded! I am sure it is cool being there but I am confident I could handle such a crowd. Hopefully everyone who was there had a safe time with their festive hats and weird little balloon thingys. As for me we celebrated the New Year playing games, winning fabulous prizes, and watching Despicable Me.
Photobucket
They look how I feel. X____X
Even though my group of peoples was small we still had fun. So much fun we didn't see our pillows until near 5 am. Many tired eyes folks. However January 1st means Rose Bowl Parade! XO I am a parade girl in case you haven't picked up on that fact yet. So I dragged my beyond tired self out of bed and flopped on the couch. I think I used tape to keep my eyelids open. XD
Photobucket
I see penguins!
I am not a real football fan so after the parade I went back to bed and didn't wake up for hours. XD And unlike the Macy's Day Parade the Rose Bowl Parade is more about floats. Floats with many, many flowers and plants. And most of the floats have deep meanings to them, not ionic mascots even though there are some of those too.
Photobucket
Is this coming to DisneyWorld soon?
Of course I say the floats are full of deeper meanings and represent positive organizations and my favorite one might have been the Cars one? Goober me. But I have been bit by the Disney bug what can I say? I liked how the float pretended to break down and Mater came to tow it.
Photobucket
Will you marry me?
I am sure one of the most touching floats will be the one where an actual wedding ceremony took place. I guess that couple is a bit more into floats than I am. XD What a way to kick in the New Year. Riding a float is special in itself. But to get married on national television on said float? Pretty special. I wish the couple a long and happy life together.
Photobucket
....Could this be Gone with the Wind Fabulous?
Every parade needs some pretty ladies in it right? Sorry Ms. Queen of Parade. There might have been another lady in white that got a bit more attention than you today.
Photobucket
Taking a moment for all the veterans in our country.
When my Grandfather died in 2010 my Grandmother was notified that there would be a special flower on the float that year in dedication to him. I am not sure since this is second hand information but I think that is true to any veteran of war who dies within that certain year. She might have received the flower off the float after the fact. I think I need to ask her next time I write her. But in any event everyone stood up and gave respect when this float went on by.
Photobucket
Don't burn the flowers!
Some of the floats were more decorated than others. And some were a bit of advertisement for their organization or business. Which is fine since these floats must cost a lot. X____X So many flowers and plants and man power. All Macy's Gots to do is pay for expensive and rare helium haha!
Photobucket
Well that is a bit special.
All of these pictures were stolen from the internets. Our TV has been acting special lately. The next time the husband has a day off he needs to take it in as it is too heavy for me to lift. X___X
Photobucket
Oh the Places We'll Go.
It was worth getting up at the "crack" of dawn to watch the parade. All the marching bands and floats and special folks in the parade put hard work into a day when most people are taking it easy. Their efforts are appreciated as it brightened up my day. Happy New Year. May we all grow like these wonderful flowers and make others smile 365 days a year!

No comments: