Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun episode 12

HAPPY NEW YEAR...plus one day!!! XD I am starting off the New Year all sleepy. I meant to have this posted on the 1st but I was busy yawning and cleaning up from our festive times in the past week. And being lazy. I think it was mostly being lazy as we stayed up way too late on New Year's Day. Hope the husband is okay at work. He usually is in bed by 10. XD His sleep schedule is all off whack probably.
Photobucket
Happy New Year to you too!
But Happy New Year anyway!!! To celebrate the New Year lets have an anime post that celebrates the day as well! Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun episode 12 will do just that for us! Spoilers for the entire episode being about Asako weee!
Photobucket
You can do it!
Episode Summary: Asako is working up courage to walk into the Batting Cage Shop Thingy Thing. She has come to return an item to Souhei but all she can think about is how she gets tongue tied and blushy around Misawa. Souhei is at the cage with his friends and soon there is the equivalent to giggling because MOG a girl is here. Soon one boy is pushed to the front while everyone else eggs him on to talk to Asako. Asako stands there knowing what this is all about and leaves before the boy can confess to her. As she is leaving with a stomp Souhei stops her on the staircase to say that she is rude and that when boys hit on her its all her fault. Asako is like are you dumb all I want is to have female friends and run the friendship of life together. But then she confesses she knows that she was rude but being around boys is hard. Souhei then talks about how Asako is in love with Misawa which is news to her. She starts mumbling and goes to leave when a goofy looking Haru appears. After Haru talked about how he was holding himself back Shizuku panicked and didn't want to see a crazy Haru. So she tells him that they are going to spend New Year's Eve together and she is going to plan a picnic for them. But until then Haru needs to back off. Asako and Souhei are like you have been had dude. At school Shizuku packs up her stuff and says she will see them all next year. Haru is still smiling about the promises Shizuku made but Asako points out that he won't see her for a week now. That doesn't matter to Haru and he goes out with Asako to eat some weird food. They have fun together and Asako thinks how it is easy to be around Haru as he only thinks of Shizuku which takes pressure off her. He bids her goodbye and winter break begins. Everyone is seen around town or having lazy days. Asako spends time on the internet pretending she is having a great time but really she is doing nothing. On New Year's Eve Shizuku calls and Asako gets her hopes up. Only Shizuku wanted help programming her TV. Asako's little heart breaks and she cries she is so lonely.
Photobucket
Look at her saving the day. XD
Fast forward a few minutes and Asako and Haru are at Shizuku's house ready to spend the night. Shizuku is like....okay I guess I will make food for you fools. At first Asako is happy but wonders if these fun times will change if Shizuku and Haru actually become a couple. They end up falling asleep and are awoken when Souhei calls inviting them to go to a temple. It is past midnight but Asako is like we must go because we are Japanese. Only it seems that none of these fools have ever done New Year's Eve up proper. Plus they can't find Souhei. They do manage to find Kenji. His friends are off getting in a fight and Haru joins in because he is dumb. Kenji sees his chance to hit on Shizuku but as Asako points out buying her food won't work. The group runs into Chizuru and her friend Yuu. Asako has to recover from the fact that Chizuru is cheating on her but the group goes to get their fortunes told/given. Most get bad ones and they tie them away. This leads Asako to tell Chizuru that she wishes Chizuru didn't like Haru because she wants to support her friend. Chizuru tries to comfort Asako which is odd....Somehow it is decided that everyone is going to go to the batting cage building to watch the sun rise. Souhei and his people end up there too which makes Asako roll her eyes. The boy attempts to apologize to her but she isn't having that. She walks way but right into Misawa's path. He is busy talking about being old and notes that Asako is being a bit mean to the boy. Asako decides she doesn't like boys and wants to create an Asako Kingdom with just her friends. Misawa says she knows that is not true which sorta leads to Asako to confessing to Asako. Souhei hears this as he was a spy face and gets a little upset for himself but not for his friend. At the end off the episode it is shown that Souhei tried to call Asako earlier when he ran into Kenji. She didn't wake up then but a few minutes later realizing she slept through the countdown. She takes a picture of Haru and Shizuku sleeping near each other, a bit sad and happy at the same time. THE END!
Photobucket
She needs friends!
Can I just package Asako up and send her to my house? I want to save her from all the little crazies she seems to know. Of course this would require me to somehow make her real but you know...all I need is a little bit of anime magic. Woohoo for Asako being the best part of the show weeeee!
Photobucket
Woohoo New Year's Eve plans!
Also I got so behind on this anime on purpose so I could watch it New Year's Day. I planned it all out folks. I was like what better episode to watch than one that centers sorta around the end of the year and spending time with friends. See? And you all just thought I was being lazy......
Photobucket
And the words came gushing out.
Timeline wise the ends with Shizuku going X___X at the fact that Haru thinks he has been holding back. I would be making that face too if that was Haru holding back. Clearly Shizuku and the rest of the world thinks that he has been pretty bad. So for some reason Shizuku thinks of desperate plan to keep him from actually misbehaving. She actual had a Tenchi attack with the explosion of words. LetsGoOnAPicnicAndSpendNewYearsEveTogetherWEEEE!
Photobucket
But sometimes bribes are fun.
Like Souhei and Asako point out Haru has been had. Or very easily misled. Because Shizuku was only promising very little things to Haru. Things that should already be a given. If they have both confessed to each other going on dates would be a given, not a bargaining chip. But since Shizuku just likes to confess and run Haru thinks that he is getting the better end of the deal. He is off singing songs in his head when really he should be going WAIT A MINUTE I have been had. But I guess if he thinks he is getting a good deal who are we to rain on his parade? Or maybe it was Haru's plan all along to be a pain in the butt so Shizuku would be forced to spend time with him. AHA Haru is a genius.
Photobucket
Even she doesn't know why she is there.
So I thought that Asako was going over the batting cages to confess to Misawa. I was just slightly wrong there folks. Apparently Asako has moved to the stage in a relationship where forming words spoken to the opposite sex becomes impossible. So Asako has been avoiding the batting cage since the Christmas Party and she has been summoned to give Souhei....well something. I am not sure what it was or why he couldn't get it himself. Was in the pictures from the party? Maybe some anime magic to get the plot rollin.
Photobucket
Can't she go anywhere without being hit on?
I am not sure how at fault Asako was. I really didn't think she was being that rude. But when the rude is not directed at me I seem to have a higher threshold for it. That and I love Asako to tiny little pieces and she can do no wrong. But there was room full of guys who don't really know her and just think she is cute. Some of them are teasing another to talk to Asako and there is a bunch of uh uh uhs going on. I would have left too. The situation just felt off. Very uncomfortable for a girl all by herself.
Photobucket
Can I just punch you in the face?
But since Souhei is a guy he is like why are you so mean? Isn't it your fault that guys confess to you? Blah blah. I guess Asako better wear a paperbag on her head or something. I am not sure how Asako is at fault for stealing boyfriends when she doesn't do anything to cause that to happen. If boys like her that is on them, not her. She isn't leading them on. But maybe Souhei is saying all of this because he is hurt deep down that Asako doesn't like him as he has made his feelings so obviously know....or and because he is a boy.
Photobucket
How dare you know my feelings better than I do!
I thought that Asako knew she liked Misawa. Since other people are always confessing to her I thought she would know the signs just didn't partake in having a boyfriend because she rather have a female friend first. But apparently my poor little Asako is a bit special. Which is fine. Probably not but again I am a little biased. Perhaps she has been so focused on trying to help Shizuku and Haru while making sure she kept her friends she didn't recognize the signs herself. And since Souhei is watching her he could see these signs.
Photobucket
X____X Shizuku is not full of fun.
After Asako got over being embarrassed I went back to feeling bad for her again. I know Shizuku has a lot of studying to do but all winter break? Was the cram school even opened that late? Early? All day? I don't know it just felt so sad when Shizuku was like see ya next year. I mean I guess I should have felt bad for Haru too but at least he has other people to hang out with. Plus he was promised outing later. Well so was Asako. Wait why didn't she track down Chizuru?
Photobucket
I can understand bonding over things you know will be bad. XD
But it does seem that Asako does hang out with Haru at least a tiny bit of the time without Shizuku. If it was with any other boy/girl couple there would be jealously. But since this is Shizuku and Haru going out for awful snacks is fine. So that was cute to watch, just wish they went out more often so Asako wasn't so lonely.
Photobucket
So you can be even smarter than Shizuku.
I mean the point was almost driven home with the clips of everyone else doing other things. Asako was pretending to do things on her blog while everyone else was out and about. Not Haru of course because he was reading about monkeys. Sometimes I am okay with being alone too. Like yep just going to stay home and blog today. But other times I want to head out with my friends. :( So Asako being lonely really made me sad. Hugs for Asako.
Photobucket
Maybe she is sparkling because Shizuku can't program anything on the TV.
Shizuku is really special at times. It is New Year's Eve and she knows that Asako is desperate for attention/friendship. So she calls the girl to help program a TV special. I would have started crying too. Like pay attention to me so I will invite myself over. Really I don't know what Shizuku is thinking. The writers are making Shizuku so beyond human its not even funny. There was not going to be any cram school that night or for quite a few days. Plus if you study too much your brain explodes, these are true facts. So why not just invite over the “boyfriend” and friend? She should have expected this.
Photobucket
More time with friends?! Sign me up now!
I just love Asako's excited face when Souhei calls them to go to the temple/shrine. I mean deep down it probably is sad that she is so desperate for friendship. Going to a temple seems obvious to do with friends on New Year's Eve so her being so excited probably means that this hasn't happened very much to her. :( See why I want to ship her to my house. Time to get up like you weren't just dead asleep and have some fun.
Photobucket
Danger?! Fighting? Why aren't I there already?!
This must be a small town/part of the city they live in folks. Everyone is always running into Kenji and his crew. I like how Haru doesn't even know what is going on with the fight and is like sure I will join in. but not before drop kicking his own friend in the head. This is what male friendships are made of folks. Also farts and Hooters.
Photobucket
Suck it. That is what I heard.
Since most of the episode focused on Asako she was the one interacting with Kenji despite the fact that Kenji was trying to hit on Shizuku. I do love her little snarky face, saying that Kenji can't buy Shizuku's affection. Now one might think that Asako is being a little harsh but she is really just trying to protect her friends. Even if she realizes that if Shizuku and Haru become an actual couple it will affect how much time she gets with Shizuku. See how she does the right thing and can still be a little snarky?
Photobucket
Hugs for everyone!!!!
Her interactions with Chizuru were special as well. Like I thought were were lonely birds together what are you doing with a friend?! Although Yuu is a bit special too.....maybe Chizuru should stick with Asako. But Asako has a big heart. She wants Chizuru to be happy too and knows that Haru only looks at Shizuku. She wants to support her friend but knowing it won't work out for her friend she feels conflicted. It sounds like Chizuru knows that too but getting over someone takes time. Asako was just so sad for her friend at that moment it makes upset that she hasn't had any girlfriends before. She is a dream friend.
Photobucket
Did I mention that girl is creepy? Goodbye Yuu.
The group somehow makes it to the battling cage to watch the sunrise. X___X Why didn't my friends and I think of that? We were so close to it anyway what was a few more hours? But that meant there would be time for there to be Souhei/Asako/Misawa interaction. Haru and Shizuku were just off looking at themselves and not being all that romantic.
Photobucket
At this point Haru is more romantic with Asako than Souhei is!
I am not sure why Souhei was trying to help his friend talk to Asako when he likes Asako and he knows she likes Misawa. That part was weird. But him spying on conversations and looking a little sad about how he got left behind....well there still could have been more hints to this romance. Souhei saying well I lost a few episodes back when there has been no hints of it? I know romance takes time to develop but maybe some small smiles and blushy faces on Souhei part would have been nice.
Photobucket
You are so old Misawa. Where is your walker?
Asako talking to Misawa was....well it was a lot of things. I don't think he is that much older than the rest of the group. Maybe 8 years at the most. Yet he is an old man in his eyes. Probably how I refer to myself at work when compared to everyone else. So when Asako was talking to him about not liking boys and sometimes being mean you could get the feeling he was thinking AW what a cute little girl. Asako probably thinks that Misawa has been asking about her because he likes her when really Misawa just wants Haru to have friends. And maybe he wants to be around sane people. Asako is sane people.
Photobucket
Um....what will Misawa say in response?
In her own way Asako confessed. And since Misawa is an old guy he probably knows what she was trying to say. But she said it in a way that was playful, if that is how you wanted it to be. So if he playfully rejected her no one would get hurt. So I predict next episode he will probably tell Asako to run along with people her own age and not to stick around with old (poor) men. That way Asako can save face even though they both know she will be hurt. :( So then Souhei can just swoop in or something? I suppose.
Photobucket
I am sure that Shizuku will appreciate that photo.
Is that all that happened with the episode? I did write a novel didn't I? Asako is so cute though!!! I bet she wouldn't appreciate me saying that though. Kenji had a little moment of where he thought he could confess to Shizuku, Shizuku is like I got to go on a picnic now, and everyone wonders if there is anyone else in this town. So...next episode should be New Year Eve's from Shizuku's point of view and getting ready for the picnic? Probably ending with the couple actually sharing a kiss as a couple? A weird little show where both people already made their confesses by episode 2. Well...at least I got an episode of Asako?

No comments: