Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Shin Sekai Yori episode 15

YAWN! So sleepy! Tomorrow I have promised myself it will be a productive day. Or I will be like Kira and sleep 20 hours. Kira would rejoice at that but she likes to sleep when I am awake and gets made when I sleep when she is awake. She can't just...you know sleep on my face and call it a night. No no we got to drag cat toys on me and pout and cry and THEN sleep on my face. To watch and see the second I get up to go MOM MOM MOM MOM! Because my cat can talk folks.
Photobucket
I think Saki needs a new life but lunch would be great.
One more post before going to bed. I love how the first paragraph has nothing to do with anime at all. Thank goodness I don't have a kid or I would bore you with those details too. X___X But up now is Shin Sekai Yori episode 15. Spoilers for them not finding Maria and Mamoru.
Photobucket
Why is Saki smiling? Did I miss the amazing thing that happened that changed the entire course of this show and could make Saki smile?
Episode Summary: Saki continues to look at the lack of Mari and Mamoru and is basically saying NOOOOOO. Satoru the voice of reason points out that the way the igloo was taken down the QueerRats couldn't have done it. Maria probably took it down which means they are still alive. Saki is like where did they go then and Satoru is like do I look magical? So the kids just take off in a random direction and hope for the best. Saki gets discouraged and lacks concentration which leads her to be squished on the ground. Satoru takes that as a sign that they should take a break and eat. While eating Saki sees a QueerRat spying on them and it takes off running. Saki takes that as a sign that he knows where Maria and Mamoru are and they take off after him with his obvious footprints. Only Saki doesn't take into account their surroundings and falls off the cliff. Satoru saves her and somehow they end up in a QueerRat village. And who appears but their old friend Squealer. Squealer is so happy to see them. He wants to them about his new job and new name and about this really cute boy he has his eye on but they are like um yeah no we got things to do. They want to see the Queen and find their hommies Maria and Mamoru. Squealer is against the whole seeing the Queen thing but he takes them anyway. He tries to distract them with talk about how colonies are coming together and they are making cement houses and he is one of the representatives.
Photobucket
Look at me being creepy!
Somehow none of this really matters as they walk in to see the Queen and she has rods in her brain. Squealer quickly explains that a lot of Queens went insane and started eating people. Squealer says that they are intelligent creatures and in human books intelligent creatures are allowed to use any means necessary to live. So since they need to Queen to reproduce AND they don't want to be nommed they lobotomized her and all is well. Not for Saki and Satoru who think this is all pretty awful. They discuss their situation but realize they need to find Squonk and need Squealer to do so. Squealer and his troops lead Saki and Satoru to the next colony, one that is not friendly with theirs. Squealer starts screaming for them to come out and when they don't instantly appear Squealer starts firing on them. When they fire back Satoru and Saki protect the group. Saki is like WFT while Squealer is like OH THANK YOU SO MUCH HOT GODS OF AMAZINGNESS! Both Saki and Satoru are not down for this but there are no causalities. Squealer acts all man and gets Spuonk to come out. Saki and Satoru put aside the fact that everything is awful and ask Spuonk where Maria and Mamoru are. Spuonk says he know that they left but has no idea in what direction, just that they are far away and here is a note. The note basically says See Ya, we are running away. THE END!
Photobucket
With the battle goes the war
I don't even know folks. I don't know who made this show and for what reason. I don't know why their doctor gave them such a wrong dose of medicine. I don't know why the art sucks so bad. I don't know why it is being praised as the show of the year. I don't know a lot of things but most of all why I am watching this hot mess.
Photobucket
What do you mean they aren't where we left them? Did they doubt that our lovely plan would work?!
Okay so that was a little overdramatic. I never claimed to be anything other than that so you know. XD Still what with the villages killin kids to give everyone a brighter future and the weird animals outside....everyone should be committing suicide. I am not even joking on that one. What is the point of anything when the future seems so bleak? Kids can be taken out at any time and if you do survive into adulthood the kids you are given to raise (because I think kids are test tube babies and given to random people) are in constant danger too. Oh and if a kid has a tantrum you might get splatted. What a wonderful worlllllllllllllllllllld.
Photobucket
Far away from the crazy?
So this episode was supposed to focus on Saki and Satoru finding Mamoru and Maria. I just want to go on the record and say Maria was right to take Mamoru away. She doesn't know the pull Saki has with Granny and quite frankly if all of their theories were right about “Shun” it is time to protect the weak on in the group, Mamoru. So Saki had a right to be upset that Maria was gone but not to be confused. More like duh. If I was Saki I be like okay time to join them. Like thanks Granny for the offer but I will take my chances outside...away from people who are trying to kill me.
Photobucket
Good thing you are forgotten Shun or you would be forgotten. XD
So Satoru keeps it together and tries to get Saki to find Mari and Mamoru. But clearly Maria is with Mamoru now and things are going to be thought out better. Thus there is no real way to track these two scared kids down. So I really can't make fun of Saki getting frustrated at the situation and I can't blame Satoru for trying to be calm. He is trying to help Saki without prying or being pushy. Why did Saki like Shun again?
Photobucket
Saki has amazing tracking abilities....
It appeared to be very fortunate that a QueerRat was walking around and spying. Appeared. At the end of the episode it turned out to be not helpful at all. Which leads me to believe it was a trick all along by Squealer. If Squonk was from a colony far away and he was helping Maria and Mamoru escape but he DIDN'T follow them why would he be hanging around only to run away when he sees Saki and Satoru? Doesn't make sense. It would make more sense if it was Squealer trying to make it appear to be that way so he could accomplish whatever is going on in his RatMind.
Photobucket
And no one cares.
And that is what happens for 90 percent of this episode. Saki and Satoru spending tons of time with the QueerRats. Like they did 2 years ago. I am not sure why Saki and Satoru were so happy to see Squealer. He gets no new name folks. It is hard for me to learn one name let alone multiple ones! But yes last time they saw Squealer he was being questionable. Like he was trying to kill the kids but would go OH GREAT GODS and suddenly everything was okay. I wouldn't put it pass him if he made it so Saki would fall off the cliff so they would need to seek his help.
Photobucket
And then I threw up my ice cream.
There was a lot to be suspicious about when they were talking to Squealer but I don't think what they did to their Queen was one of them. Well let me explain. Given ALL that has happened to Saki and Satoru so far in this series a bunch of “animals” Sucker Punching their Queen doesn't seem that bad. I mean.....I don't see the QueerRats killing their own kids and telling horrible stories to scare everyone and what not. The Queen lost her mind and tried to eat everyone. But they need her to make more babies. So using Kyubey logic this was actually the best scenario for all. Why so serious?
Photobucket
So...everyone is gathering up and playing nice? I see now.
No no those two should have been nervous for other reasons. Like oh how most of the colonies are coming together and now there are tons of QueerRats working together. HMMMM does that sound like a good idea to anyone else? I like how Saki and Satoru were like we could kill this whole village on our own....to scare off anyone listening but could they? Could they really? QueerRats are clearly not dumb animals or dolphin smart. They are something else. I thought they were normal humans that got changed from their powers leaking but now I am thinking they just are mutated creatures. Something else to be feared.
Photobucket
Um...I think he was referring to the Queen and the humans......
Add in the fact that humans treat QueerRats like slaves yet give them the power to KILL kids...this is a disaster. I don't know how much the kids know but for their sakes I hope they are really paying attention. When they demanded to see the Queen I don't know if they were doing so to be bossy or to find things out. But they still spent the night and let the Squealer lead them.
Photobucket
Me thinks that you should let the next round of arrows hit him....
At the strong hold it became crystal clear that Squealer was using the kids to show the other QueerRats who was boss. Like Oh Great and Powerful Oz I am unworthy to look upon your shoes let alone gaze into your lovely eyes. I am surprise that there weren't causalities. A lot of fighting over nothing? Something is up here folks and it isn't adding up. Obviously this little bucktooth turd can't be trusted.
Photobucket
So....this was all for nothing?
I don't think Saki and Satoru were paying attention to that as they found their man Squonk. Who cares about this QueerRat war when we are minutes away from finding Maria and Mamoru weeee! Only... Squonk doesn't know anything and basically hands them a note saying Maria is taking Mamoru away and she will miss them. SUPER HELPFUL! And then out of anger Saki killed all the QueerRats present because it will probably be helpful later down the line. Or at least that is what she should have done. Le sigh. Shun who?

No comments: