Sunday, January 27, 2013

Duffy the Disney Bear: Duffy's First Shopping Trip!!!!

Sometimes I get really...well not upset but RARW when I still get carded for movies and such similar adult things. Like hello folks I am old. Super old. Need a walker old. Give me my R-rated movie ticket and go find some kids to card.
Photobucket
What could be in this bag?!
But then on days like today...I am slightly grateful I haven't aged in the last 13 years. XD Because I can get away with going to Build-A-Bear and buying clothes for a stuffed animal DUH! At this rate I can be the 40 year old lady carrying around plushies and nendoroids and it will only look a little odd. But yes part of today was spent taking out my new regular size Duffy and getting him some new clothes. Because bears wear clothes okay!
Photobucket
There were a lot of little kids in the Build a Bear shop and I didn't know how parents or the staff would feel about me taking pictures. XD I think I am just used to going to Downtown Disney or theme parks where you are allowed to take pictures of everything. But I tried to take as many pictures as possible with being sneaky.
Photobucket
Duffy is still gaining popularity in the United States so he doesn't have too many outfits to choose from yet (unless you go to Epcot which I need to do since it has been a while). So to supplement his wardrobe off to Build a Bear we went since almost all the outfits fit the regular 17 inch Duffy. Just let it be known if your Duffy is a Duffy and not a Buffy there aren't as many outfits for him. But look, you can even buy Disney outfits here!
Photobucket
If your Duffy needs even more clothes make sure you go to the Build a Bear website as they have their entire collection online whereas the stores have part of what they offer. They seem to have all of the military outfits though. I went with a budget today though since our Downtown Disney crew has declared there must be a February trip to celebrate two birthdays. So I picked out a few key items as I must save money to....buy more stuff. XD
Photobucket
I need a Shellie May though folks. So many cute things for the girl bears. Hello Kitty, Harajuku Lovers, AND Disney Princesses? No wonder my friend has a cross dressing bear. This store is positively addicting, so many things to choose from.
Photobucket
Duffy whined a bit and he got a bit more than what I planned on spending. You know, how life always goes. No one said anything about me carrying around a non Build a Bear bear so maybe Duffy lovers come in all the time. The items were super cute, I could have walked away with two full bags. But since I just got this Duffy last week....well having three complete outfits is enough. XD
Photobucket
Duffy had to stop and re-energize at the food court. Shopping is hard work. XD
Photobucket
The spoils of war! Such a lucky bear.
Photobucket
First off was a pair of shoes. Many of the Disney outfits (well the ones in the United States anyway) do not come with shoes. Hello his feet will get cold! So getting a pair of shoes was a must today.
Photobucket
The shoes add a bit of weight to Duffy but I think he was rather light to begin with so now it actually might be easier to carry him if that makes sense. I love these sneakers, I have a similar pair myself. We can match!
Photobucket
Behold folks! A Star Wars outfit. Would it be crazy if I said I have never seen ANY Star Wars movie?
Photobucket
Duffy's ears poking out of the Star Wars outfit. Not all of the hats at Build a Bear have holes for the ears but most have holes for the tail. XD
Photobucket
I am not sure why I picked a Star Wars outfit when I have never seen the movies or have any interest in the series. It is really well made though and looks great on Duffy. So I think this outfit is a must for any Duffy and Disney AND Star Wars fan.
Photobucket
Oh snap Duffy is standing up by himself. This is his casual outfit that he begged for. But MOM....I need normal, everyday clothes. I caved in and bought this mixed/matched set. The shirt was a bit hard to get his massive head through but as you can see it really fits him well. Looking good Duffy.
Photobucket
Kira the jealous cat trying to eat the bag and Duffy's shoelaces later. Gosh cat I bought you cat treats, what more do you want?!
Photobucket
Thus ends our little shopping trip for Duffy. He is currently rockin his casual outfit and running away from Kira the Bear Killer. XD Hopefully I don't go too insane and end up with a bear that owns more clothes that I do...but stranger things have happened.

No comments: