Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter 2013 Anime Line-up! Tenchi's Picks!

Behold for it is Tenchi's Winter 2013 Anime Line-up!!! Well at least my pics for it anyway. And I have so much time to spare folks. Why I have mere hours until the shows start airing. Look at me, being right on time for things. Pat on the back for me. XD
Photobucket
I think this is what winter looks like. I wouldn't know as it was 65 degrees today.
This season seems rather light though. A lot of the shows seem to 12 episodes each while most of the Fall shows were 22+. Sorta like filler anime until the Spring? It seems to be the case with me anyway. I have 4 carry over shows (Shin Sekai Yori, Little Busters!, Zetsuen no Tempest, and Psycho-Pass) from the Fall Season. So it might not be the end of the world I only have three maybes from the long list of Winter 2013 pickins. Lets see what I might add to that semi full list. Also my entire post is stolen from the internets, the pictures and synopsizes. Thanks internet!

Amnesia 

Photobucket
Remembering my life with these hotties might be fun.
Synopsis: On the morning of August 1, the heroine wakes up and discovers she has absolutely no memories of the past. A boy appears before her, and introduces himself as a "spirit" named Orion. The heroine struggles to regain her memories under the guidance of Orion. She then gets a phone call, but she does not recognize the name on her mobile phone screen. She meets her apparent "boyfriend," despite not knowing his face.

I am watching this show. Because all the guys are hot and have the weirdest eyes ever. It might make me dizzy or something but hello I want to watch this show just because of the amazing eyes. Does anyone have names in these synopsizes that I steal from the internet? Apparently not. 

But after watching the PV I am down for giving this show a chance. It looks like Ms. Heroine thinks she works at a cafe of some sort but behind the scenes there has to be some magic going on. I mean did you see their eyes? She will probably end up being some kind of magical princess with the hotties being sworn to protect her. Only I hope she is a better Princess than Ms. Potato. :( So this show is on the closer end to yes. Stranding the line of yes and maybe. But probably yes since it is hard for me to drop shows after I start them. 

Air Date: January 7, 2013 

Number of Episodes: 12 


Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Photobucket
Parting is such sweet sorrow. I might be parting soon though.
Synopsis: After a long and treacherous journey, our Hero finally arrives at the Dark Lady's castle only to find himself being asked for help. The Hero explains how the war that the demons have brought upon the humans have killed thousands and put more in misery. The queen of demons however argues that this war has made the human society band together as one and showed empirical evidence how it has increased population, increased production, boosted economy and improved society overall. Furthermore, she explains to the Hero that ending this war will result in a civil war that will produce more bloodshed than there ever was. The Hero, convinced that the only way to bring peace, relatively speaking, is to join forces with the Dark Lady, agrees to help with her plans! 

Thoughts: Wow. What really, really bad art. Almost Shin Sekai Yori episode 5 type bad. Okay nothing can be that bad. But this came close. I know I only watched a PV but still. Could they have tried any less? Or is that how it is supposed to be? X___X What is wrong with their eyes?

But about the show itself...I am not sure I am down with it. I thought maybe it would be interesting, sorta take the place of that special show Sword Art Online. But after watching the PV I am not sure now. It appears the arguing that Ms. Queen does might have taken place in part with her boobies. I see folks. Mr. Hero is supposed to save his people and went on this long quest but blushes at the sight of his enemy? HMMM folks. HMMMM. This is definitely on the maybe list. Halfway to no. We shall see I suppose. 

Air Date: January 5, 2013 

Number of episodes: 12 


Tamako Market
Photobucket
I might ignore the bird though...
Synopsis: Tamako is a mochi-loving high-school freshman whose family runs a mochi (rice cake) shop in a certain town's shopping district. She enjoys her high school life with her friends Midori and Kanna in the badminton club. She also helps out at her family's shop and develops new mochi. The people who made K-On! created this show. Really they could film a potato and some cake for 22 minutes and I would probably watch it. I am that much of a sucker for their cute artwork. Even if some of the characters in this show look similar to other characters...... 

But yes folks. Cute little shopping districts in Japan? I must see. Rival mochi shops? Okay maybe interesting. A giant...bird thing? Okay that part might be dumb. But even though I don't know many companies that produce animes or voice actor/actresses. But I do know that I love K-On! to pieces and I might need a slice of life show that doesn't involve collecting a harem in a magical adventure land. Oh and it seems these cute girls don't run around showing their panties like other shows that broke my tiny little heart. So I am going to say yes to this show. I want to see family run stores that don't involve running out of boxes and the power company threatening to shut us down. 

Air Date: January 10, 2013 

Number of episodes: 12

So that is about it folks! Three shows with one barely hanging on by a thread before I saw episode 1. I had two other shows on the maybe list but reading other people's thoughts on them lead me to believe they would be all about fanservice so off I skip. If I do end up picking up all these shows I will have 7. That will be a full week. So while there wasn't a lot to pick from it is enough for me. Hopefully everything people watch is satisfying to them...even if some of them look special. Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina

What?! No Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai NEXT?! Lol, just kidding.

Seriously, you and I both know that show has ecchi comedy and you're probably not into that type of comedy. But it would be interesting to read your thoughts on that show. So, maybe try the first episode and drop it completely if you don't like it.

I think Amnesia might be The Adventures of Potato Princess and Friends 2.0 except with a more interesting narrative. Could be cool or not--we don't know.

If you think Maoyuu Maou Yuusha isn't good, then you should drop it and find some other worthy show. I sorta feel a Sword Arts Online vibe from that show, but who knows.

Tamako Market seems like another slice-of-life show similar to K-On like you said. But I'm glad it's not another harem show. Should be interesting.

That's all

eternia said...

Maou Yuusha was originally written by people on 2ch, a famous Japanese forum for otaku. So you sort of predict what kind of story it is.

Honestly, this upcoming season is a disappointment. Probably because I know nothing about the source material. I would be happier if they are animating manga/VN/LN that I know.

But I am happy that there's still Psycho Pass to be watched. Will Akane and Shinya become enemies just like shown in opening song. Will Akane become strong and cool instead of moe-moe-kyun> I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Eternia. Why is this season so lame? So lucky for 2-cour anime like Shin Sekai Yori (spelling?), Psycho Pass and JoJo.

I will watch Amnesia for bishies. So I will read your blog posts Christina.

--Kate

Anonymous said...

Hello @Eternia

First anonymous here

Well, about Psycho-Pass. I think things will become much darker and depressing as we progress through the show. The show is written by Gen Urobuchi a.k.a. Urobutcher nicknamed by fans. This is the same author for who wrote the dark Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime. That writer tends to go for a "angst is true art" writing style. Hell, the writer himself even said he despised what men called "happiness"--what, did someone wronged him in the past? Meaning, he'll make the characters and story more bleak and hopeless just because he can; it's all done for the sake of "true art is angst". There's a problem with writers who inject too many dark themes within a show: the audience stops caring. I've seen many live action TV series that were cancelled because the shows were just too depressing and the characters were horrible people; there was no one to root for. And the audience would be cheering when the space monsters finally arrive and devour all the wicked characters and end the vile show.

But to answer your question--knowing Urobuchi's writing style--Yes, I think Shinya and Akane will become enemies just to make the story even more tragic and dark. Akane will perhaps turn into a criminal herself just to prove a point, whatever that is. And Shinya, Ginoza, Tomomi, and everyone else will die horribly in the story because Urobuchi hates happiness. I hope I'm wrong though, and everything will turn out fine in the end.

On a different note: if you're disappointed with most of the winter anime line-up, there is Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai NEXT. I'm pretty sure you're familiar with that show since you recognized Yozora (I mentioned her in one of Christina's Little Busters! episode blogs) and the ecchi comedy within it. So, there's that to look forward to if Christina decides to blog about it.

That's all, folks


Christina said...

Anonymous- It seems that a lot of shows were way too fanservicy for my taste. Again they are just making what sells in Japan and most fans are males in Japan. But even then I would like to think that they too get tired of seeing over the top fake boobies and boring underwear. A decent plot would be nice. XD

Amnesia does look like it could go the Potato Princess arc but at least there will be more than walking home from school and failing to protect Talismans right?

Tamako Market might not be amazing but since I am going in to this show with a positive attitude not expecting much maybe it will surprise me and be amazing. XD

About Psycho-Pass...I think that Akane is going to die. The opening song makes one think she and Shinya are going to become enemies but I think it is Shougo that will take her out. Oh and everyone else too. So that scene at beginning of episode 1 with Shinya fighting Shougo with no back-up? Yeah back-up is dead. So while things were already bleak and ugly in this show it is about to get a whole lot worse.

Eternia- Someone....is making an anime from people at 2ch. Well then....well then. It seems like Japan has thrown in the towel and given up on anime. Kidding, kidding. Guess it will be like that My Little Pony show and how it caters to fans.

At least I do have some carryover shows as the Winter 2013 line-up is looking slim for a lot of folks.

Kate- While I am complaining about fanservice sometimes I watch shows for the hot guys. I can say that because shows that cater to women are way fewer and far between that shows that cater to those who want to see panty shots and cute girls with huge, unrealistic racks. XD So not a hypocrite indeed. But I do hope Amnesia has a good plot because pretty eyes can only take a show so far.

eternia said...

Such good memory, anonymous.

Usually I am unable to remember who said what, in anime blogs.
:-D

I will watch BwT Next just to see the stupid bickering between Yozora and Sena.

@Christina: The problem is, I can hardly remember any good anime among those fujoshi pandering ones. Most of the times, the plot is super stupid, so that it makes DBZ looks good. The hot guys do nothing but posing and staring at each other. The female protagonist is super dumb and can't do anything by her own. Even Blood-C is better. I would rather watch more drama and slice of life, and blood splatter anime. <-- because they are amusing somehow
Haha.

Christina said...

Eternia- Saying Blood-C is better than anything else is a crime punishable by...watching more Blood-C!

But I do think that while it is nice to have some shows for lady anime fans companies could try a little harder to give us quality stuff. Not HERE have some hotties who needs plot? I mean....it is hard to sell merchandise if your show sucks right? No matter how pretty the art is.

Anonymous said...

"Hard to sell merchandise if your show sucks right?" - BRS?

Maybe the pandering to the fujoshi is all taking place under the radar in good anime like Psycho Pass and K with good-looking males who almost ship themselves, but the anime isn't shonen ai.

(Christina, did you get to see Blood C series uncensored?)

(--Kate)

Christina said...

Kate- Late response is super late. But I saw the uncensored scenes. I didn't watch the series again just the gruesome bits. Because I am crazy. XD

Us yaoi lovers have to cling to things that aren't real because the writers dangle maybies in front of us. Kinda insulting when you think about it. Not enough female anime lovers I suppose.