Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 memories and 2013 goals Tenchi version

Hello there my lovely readers! It is officially January 3rd 2013. Day three of the New Year. Have we kept to our New Year's Resolutions or have we already broken them? Or are you like slacker Tenchi and yet to state yours yet? XD Even though Facebook kept bothering me to do so.....

Photobucket
So much to think about...
I suppose some obvious resolutions for me would be to better manage my time IE stop being late to work every single day. Or maybe to squirrel away money like it is going out of style. I could resolve to become a better speller but I am not sure how to make that happen. And how else would I entertain my friends if all my texts were spelled correctly. How about resolving not to watch so many crappy reality shows? Oh how about yelling less at customers at work. XD.....Nah.  

Perhaps what I need to do most in my life right now or what my life needs is for me to go with the flow more often. Not be so rigged or set in my ways. Like when I get up in the morning I have a plan of what I want/am going to do the rest of the day. If someone calls and says HEY lets go to the mall I go OH NOOOO my plans to do this, this, and this won't be accomplished what ever shall I do?! Yes folks it applies to the fun things as well as Um the appliance just blew up time to go to the store now. 

So this year I am going to trying and say okay...and actually mean it. XD Not be so rigid. Whatever gets blogged gets blogged. If I get a little bit behind on episodes then so be it. I can do it tomorrow or the next day. I will just get up and get ready for the day. If something comes up I will be ready for it. If not I will do my original plan. Just......go with the flow. Yes just go with the flow. And maybe if I go with the flow a bit more it will spill over into the other things I should make a resolution. Well except the spelling one obviously. Now that I have a resolution written down I feel accomplished! And maybe Facebook will stop harassing me wee! I can now look to the year 2013 with hope and anticipation. Well until February right? When most resolutions are broken? 

With a new year ahead of us one always looks to the year behind them to see what worked, what sucked, and what was exciting. 2012 was full of up and downs for everyone I'm sure. So what exactly in 2012 stood out to me and how can 2013 be any better? Exactly one year ago today I lost my little furry baby of 16 years. My little Kiki rest in peace. He was....well a handful most of the time. I am pretty sure he liked me...maybe. In any event he was my little boy and my first pet. It was a sad day for my husband and I and probably Kira.

In 2013 the husband and I are going to really think about whether or not we are going to get another fur baby. We have talked about it before but not like well lets go find another cat or No Kira is enough. I do love my baby Kira with all my heart so this decision will probably come down to her. Is she okay with being a spoiled kid with all the pets and love being directed to her? Or would she like a playmate when the husband and I are not around, someone to run around the house with and blame things on? XO What to do what to do..... 

In 2012 the husband and I took a lot of fun trips. XD Many fun trips actually. We went to Downtown Disney a great number of times. We were gifted with a day trip to Legoland and Busch Gardens gave the military free day passes. We also had three fun days at the Universal Theme Parks as the military got a great deal/free tickets. Also (sensing a theme) due to the military we were able to attend both the Halloween and Christmas Parties at the Magic Kingdom. Throw in random trips to St. Augustine and Anime Weekend Atlanta and we had a year full of fun.

2013 will probably be a little different. I say probably because I can't see into the future but I am planning for the future. Long term. Well not long term but a good chunk away. That is because in 2014 the husband and I are aiming for...Japan. XD Orginially we were going to wait longer to go back to Japan but the brother was like um didn't I tell you I was only going to be here for two years? Thus there needs to be money saving happening now to make that happen in 2014!

I am not saying there will be no amazing trips this year. But I think AWA is defintely out of the question. That is a big chunk of hotel money and time off for the husband. And if the military offers free/cheap tickets of course we will try to take advantage of that. Just probably not as many weekends/three days of continuous fun. Maybe that means we can spend more time in town with our friends going to the movies on cheap days and what not. Surely we will find something for Duffy to do yes? XD 

In 2012 I wanted to kill half of our customers. I don't see that changing in 2013. 

Just kidding. Or am I? I am sure our customers will not change. Actually I can predict when rules start being followed (starting the 2nd) our customers will be worse that usual. But maybe with this go with the flow attitude I can find more...humor in the situation? Not to take it so personal. I mean when people are being directly mean to me I am sure I will still be upset. But in general when people are being pains in the butt I can have moment and then see it more as a funny story to share later than an angry one? I mean...I rather customers not suck but at the end of the day it isn't my store and I don't get paid enough to deal with all the problems. The drama can entertain me but it shouldn't consume me yes?

I spent a lot of time in 2012 watching reality TV shows and playing little Facebook games. I am guessing that will remain the same for 2013 but I hope it doesn't consume me. More like meh if I am home I can do them but not to plan time around them. Like I will meet you at the movies once I watch/do this. Of course if my Facebook games get deleted because the company is going under I might not have control. 

Overall 2012 had some high points and some low points for me. I hope that my friends and family can all find jobs and get their relationship issues settled. No more health scares for anyone! Overall I want everyone happy and healthy. Add in a few Disney pins and customers tipping me decently so I can go to Japan I will be set for 2013. XD Peace out 2012. Thanks for the memories. A lot of them. Time to create some new ones. And I will start....by going to bed.

OH SNAP! I forgot to mention that in 2012 I wanted to blast my neighbors to the moon with their rude and inconsiderate behavior. Not to mention they couldn't find the trash compactor to save their lives. But while I was taking out the trash on New Year's Eve to get ready for my guests I saw my neighbors packing up their house. Like things in trash bags lets get out of here kind of moving. XO How is that for amazing folks?! Thank you God!!!! I spent many mornings wide awake because of their rude antics and now they are gone and hopefully will get replaced with an elderly couple who keep to themselves and 15 cats. Just wanted to add that 2013 will be a more positive one just with that little event. What a way to end the year yes? WEE!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

For New Year, all I wish for is that you could speed up the reply of our comments. I am glad you actually reply some but there are others you did not reply/touch upon.

Also you did not reply:
Zetsuen no Tempest ep10
Psycho-Pass ep7 and 8
Shin Sekai yori ep 10

Happy New Year!^_^

Anonymous said...

And another good news(or maybe soso news) being xxxholic is going to be resumed. I hope you'll still blog about it.

Anonymous said...

@2nd Anonymous
Are you talking about the TV drama? If no, please provid the liks. Sorry, it is not that I don't trust you, but the info you give is too good, I don't want to wake up from this dream and found out it is only rumor.

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina and @Third Anonymous

It looks like Clamp is going to launch a new xxxholic manga.

It's titled xxxHOLIC: Rei

here's the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-02/clamp-to-launch-xxxholic-rei-manga-next-february

I bet every fan is going crazy over this! :)

Later, folks

Anonymous said...

@2nd Anonymous
This is Anonymous 3.

After reading the link, I was @_@ ''speechless'', then 0////0, and then "☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ Haha, *insert fangirl screaming* love it!!". Finally, "screams OMG and faints epically"

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina

About xxxHOLiC.

Since the new manga is coming out, I think you probably want to know that a live action tv show is being produced.

That's right. A live action TV series based on xxxHolic is coming!

Here's the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-12-17/live-action-xxxholic-cast-photographed-in-costume

It seems interesting. What are your thoughts on it? Will you blog about it?

That's all.

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina

Forgot to add

Sorry I didn't specify.

I'm the same person for the 4th, 6th, and 7th posts(including this one).

Later

Christina said...

Anonymous- Very, very behind on blog comments. My poor email box must be so sad and lonely. What with all the new shows not being out yet and the old shows taking a week vacation for New Year's Eve I tried to make a dent in all past posts. Little by little I am catching up. XD

As for all the XXXholic news...I am half excited half....sad. Like I am not sure how a new manga will go unless they just pretend the last volume never happened and it was all a dream. This would mean that Tsubasa would have be picked up again yes?

I mean I want to see more XXXholics. But no Yuuko and Watanuki being stuck in the shop for a 100 years and everyone being dead? A downer ending. CLAMP is known for either ending with everyone skipping into flowers or with people throwing flowers in their graves. But with XXXholic it just felt rushed and out of place. I don't think Yuuko would have done all of this to make a place for Watanuki just to have him rot away in the store. The egg was never used and while my yaoi colored glasses are probably never going to see the light of day...everyone being dead is sad. So even if the story took place in between the time skip I would still be sad. :(

But if they took the last volume and blasted it to the moon and brought back Tsubasa at the same time then maybe I would be happy. Right now anything is better than the history lesson that was Gate 7. I want XXXholics to be good, great even. I am just not sure what to expect. :( Rewriting history would be okay in this case because I do that all the time in my head.

I will probably blog XXXholics once a scanlator picks it up. But I probably won't blog the live action show. Baby steps. But I thank you all my anonymouses for telling me about this great news. Happy New Year indeed. X___X

Anonymous said...

I think I saw somewhere that Yuuko was coming back but not sure in which way. I also hope we get a bit more closure in tsubasa, with their "search"

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think many people would be disappointed if Yuuko didn't come back. Maybe IF everyone is reincarnated and Watanuki is able to leave the shop and can interact with them THEN I can be excited. But then and only then. XD Such a tall order. Oh and my Tsubasa gang. Can't forget about them. Yes yes, CLAMP has a lot to do and prove to us fans.

But maybe on the inside I am super excited and I am just worried about being burned again.