Monday, January 21, 2013

Downtown Disney Day Trip! First look at Splitsville

Happy Monday to you all.....*passes out and goes back to bed*. So sleepy. Why do Mondays have to come around? Of course since my real weekend is Tuesday and Wednesday I probably need Mondays to come around. But still...bone tired folks. Not sure how I will make it through my tiny shift at work. Must separate myself from the fuzzy blankets.
Photobucket
Um....this doesn't look very Disney like?!
Why is Tenchi so tired? Well it is more like Tenchi and company. For some magical reason after YEARS of bonuses being a joke in our house my husband was finally rewarded one at work. AMAZING! And just in time to fix our TV too. With the leftover mesos we decided to hop in the car and spend our next free Sunday at Downtown Disney too. Pack in a few friends and some questionable music and it became an entire day of fun. Tiring fun. XD Here is just a few pics we took while running around and spending cash.
Photobucket
Our first stop was of course the St. Augustine Outlet Mall. Gotta stop by the Disney Warehouse and stock up on pins. They didn't have any deals on the few Duffy outfits they had so we just got the pins and ran. We had a schedule to keep. XD So onward we traveled with the aforementioned questionable music. The closer we got the Downtown Disney the weirder we got. Then suddenly the traffic on our side of the street nearly stopped to look at the traffic on the other side of the street. Hundreds of motorcycles everywhere. Like some kind of parade and event. And it seemed to go on for miles! I later found out it was Bikers against Child Abuse. Good cause, bad traffic.
Photobucket
Who is this handsome fellow? Well he would be Duffy number 5 in my house and my first official standard Duffy. Originally I had wanted to get the standard Duffy from Japan but I will have to wait until next year to do that personal.
Photobucket
Isn't Duffy looking dashing? Originally I was planning on going to Downtown Disney to buy the Valentine Duffy, the mini one. But apparently Downtown Disney is like what holidays? PSHT it will be available in two weeks, not now. Don't they want my money?
Photobucket
Back of Duffy's Mickey Mouse Club outfit. The outfit is one piece plus the hat. I spent about 10 minutes comparing all the Duffys at the World of Disney store to find the perfect one for me. XD So yes my first official standard Duffy. For some reason he is a lot lighter than I thought he was going to be. More fluff next batch perhaps?
Photobucket
Everyone in our group must have skipped breakfast because after obtaining my lovely new Duffy it was time to eat food. XD We were going to go to the Earl of Sammich but the line seemed long. We might have wanted to stay in that line given how long we waited at Pollo Campero for everyone's food. Well really there seems to be several restaurants meshed into that small area now and that might be the hold up. Food was decent but maybe we should have waited at Earl of Sammich given how long everything ended up taking.
Photobucket
This is where Duffy was bought. I wonder how Pinocchio feels about his mural being changed for Duffy. I don't think it was like this late November when I was here last. Poor little Pinocchio. So let's turn this room into a Duffy room yes?
Photobucket
Duffy and his friend "Buffy" paid the pirate skeleton a visit. He wasn't in a very chatty mood though for some reason.
Photobucket
Work is still being done on the Rainforest Cafe. Hopefully the inside will get spruced up too.
Photobucket
Duffy and Buffy hanging out with another famous bear.
Photobucket
Walking around and looking at expensive art. For some reason Duffy was drawn to this peace.
Photobucket
Oh hello there big Duffy. This store (the Once Upon a Toy store) has more Duffys if someone wants to be like me and compare all their little faces. Also this store only had the new Peter Pan outfit for Duffy. Maybe I will get that next time, can't spoil Duffy right? Or myself...
Photobucket
The husband doesn't ask much when we go out on our trips so when he asks for something I tend to say of course! We shall do 48394 of my things and one for you. XD Well two because he will get legos. But the husband wanted to eat at the newly opened Splitsville so onward we marched. So much walking.
Photobucket
There was a line to bowl but we were seated right away since we only wanted to eat. The place is two stories with different lane sets all over the place. Some tables here, lanes there, a pool table here, and then some retail space. The music was loud but not overwhelming but it was a bit dark for my case. There were tons of workers standing around and looking young and bored but a few people here and there working.
Photobucket
We were seated in a booth upstairs near some lanes. We were pretty close to the sushi bar but no one in our party ordered fishy. Duffy is looking at the menu to see what looks good. A bit more than your average burger place but not too pricey to make your wallet cry.
Photobucket
Buffy wants to know what looks good on the menu. Burgers, fries, pizza...basically anything you would get at a regular bowling alley but up a notch.
Photobucket
Buffy apparently found the drink menu. Can't hold her liquor.
Photobucket
Hurry up and decide what you want Duffy. I know you are excited to find a new home with me but our waiter is waiting. Maybe that is also why they are called waiters....
Photobucket
The drink menu seems extensive to me but when the husband ordered something he was promptly told they were out. A new restaurant, maybe some growing pains. For me I got an Icee. XD
Photobucket
Cheese fries with ranch? Must eat around them as I am a picky eater.
Photobucket
The husband and my friend shared a pizza. As you can see it is a pretty decent size. I think it would feed three adults if they ate other food. They said it was pretty tasty.
Photobucket
Here is my meal as usual. I am kinda boring....XD don't judge me. But the burger was pretty tasty. It had different kinds of meat mixed into and it tasted like a steak burger.
Photobucket
The tiny gift shop area downstairs looks a little off. Like someone just plopped it there and forgot about it. But the bowling ball is cute. Not Duffy size of course.
Photobucket
See? Or maybe not. Just a little dark.
Photobucket
Doing some after dinner shopping and walking. Gotta burn off all that food. So naturally we have to stop and look at all the delicious treats being made for passerbyers. How does one start to eat such an apple?
Photobucket
Looks like D-Street got a new window display...OF SADNESS! Look at all the brown figurines. :( So sad indeed. Rest in peace little guys.
Photobucket
Buffy lets us know time is up and that we must make our way back home. So much money spent on a day of fun. Bye Buffy! Okay just kidding, you can come home with us too.
Photobucket
All the pins I traded for during the day. Got to love the pins. It is always exciting finding a new and fun pin. The new Duffy head ones aren't out yet but soon!
Photobucket
Um...it's always time for ornaments?
Photobucket
First piece of Disney "art". This artist seems to be making the Disney Princesses in this style so I bought this one first and will add others to my collection once he releases more of my favorite. Where to put it for now though.....
Photobucket
Random calendar that has nothing to do with Disney. XD
Photobucket
Duffy watching the husband work on his new lego set. That is a lot of pieces. Duffy looks a bit concerned. But the husband loves legos as I love...well many things. Such a wonderful day full of shopping, eating, and hanging out with friends. Spending the day at Disney without stepping foot in the parks. XD Also yay for a new Duffy friend yes?

No comments: