Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Anime Series? Maoyuu Maou Yuusha episode 1

How is it two weeks ago it was Christmas and a week ago it was New Year's Day? It seems like the holidays were so long ago. Well not if you look in my house. Currently trying to take down all the trees and other decorations. XD But still where did the holidays go? WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS?!
Photobucket
Of course of course!
It seems like animes are slowly being released. Everyone is probably getting back into the swing of things with the holidays being over and school/work starting over again. I waited to find a better version of this show but alas it has been several days. So here it is anyway. Up now is Maoyuu Maou Yuusha episode 1. A new anime series! Spoilers for it....being just like the synopsis.
Photobucket
Just write about me being an amazing hero!
I....don't even know how to blog this. Do I bother writing a summary? Because the summary would basically be the entire post. So very, very little happened people. Let me see if I can actually make a normal summary, one that tells you the basic details and not the entire plot THEN I explain the plot more.
Photobucket
A terrible war indeed!
Episode Summary: A war between humans and demons has been going on for many years. A hero separates from his group of merry men to take on the Demon King himself. Only the Hero arrives and the Demon King turns out to be a girl with huge breasts. Ms. Demon King is so happy to see Hero and is quick to explain to him that without this war both humans and demons would suffer. Over dinner Ms. Demon King shows/explains to Hero with her magical lantern that the leaders on both sides of this war benefit in many different ways and without the war a lot more lives would be loss. But Ms. Demon King suggests that Hero becomes hers and she become his and together they can come up with a way to end this war without either party actually winning or enslaving the other race. Hero has been very UM NO throughout this entire conversation but decides that he will go along with it. Ms. Demon King is so happy that they might see a whole new world with this promise. THE END!
Photobucket
I wonder how much that retails for....XD
It clearly is not in me to just type a 5 sentence review. It is beyond me to be concise and brief. Just let it be known that I am like this in real life. What happened with that customer Christina? Oh let me tell you in great detail and maybe in 10 minutes I will be done talking. Oh you wanted to know in two sentences what happened? Do I look like a boy to you? Sorry.
Photobucket
What? Fanservice? Perish the thought!
I was warned that this show was going to have special elements in it. And I think that I have made my points pretty clear on fanservice and overly huge boobs. I can see why there are less female anime fans in Japan. I mean...barbies were rejected and had to be changed to fit the actual body type of females in Japan. Aren't boobs interesting enough without making them unrealistic bouncy AND huge? You can't have it both ways. Bounce bounce bounce. That is how I would describe Ms. Demon King.
Photobucket
Never mind, the world is doomed!
And really what kind of hero is this Hero? Yes it turns out the human kings sent Hero to deal with this mess as they want the war to keep on going but really. Really. He made it this far. Why does Hero have to be stopped in his tracks because he saw some bounce? I can understand being a little shocked but blushing? Staring? This is war kid. Time to hack up your enemy. Even if your enemy has a huge rack.
Photobucket
Are we in the past or future?
It appears to me that Ms. Demon King is from a different time. I know she has a magical lantern of unexplainedness but she was just talking about things that were not from this time frame. Well maybe this time is in the future and Ms. Demon King is talking about the before times. I would like to think she is from the future though since she had knowledge of the Hero. I mean maybe she has been through 839473 timelines or maybe she would have loved anyone who walked through the door but....yeah. Not sure what is up with that, she just loves Hero without any reason explained yet.
Photobucket
Well don't you all look like douchebags?
The episode really just goes over the synopsizes about this series over the web. Ms. Demon King tells Hero why this war is taking place. Every time Hero tries to make a valid point Ms. Demon King is pretty harsh and lays down the reality. Humans want to stop the war? Um they are getting rich at it. Humans are dying because of this war? Um more would die of starvation if the war stopped.
Photobucket
That is only taking place to benefit some beings? I SEE!
Which is really, really sad. I mean putting aside the fact that growing more food SHOULD be simple despite the “pollution”. I mean it is sad because a lot of this could be true? A very cynical view of the world that might be true or be the truth of others. I know this show probably doesn't mean to be this deep but that is what I see. Or am trying to see. Maybe the show is trying to be deep and the bounce is distracting me.
Photobucket
LIES! All of it!
I thought Hero was going to spaz out a bit more about learning all this truth. Basically the human kings were sending him out to die. It could have turned out really bad for him yet they didn't care. He thought he was going to save the day and protect everyone and it turned out to be a lie and the war was being supported by those in power. I wish he had more of a NOOO reaction and stuck to his guns. But after some bounce and noms this all made sense to him.
Photobucket
Err....why don't we just work together and get to know each other....
I am not really following what Ms. Demon King's logic is. Become “mine” and I will become “yours” and together we will find another way to end this war without it affecting us negatively? I am not understanding that logic but I guess we weren't supposed to think that way, what with Ms. Demon King making out with a Hero pillow. They should have agreed to work together in this war. Talking about being a virgin and being together...that was just a lot and almost seemed pointless. Wouldn't it make Hero run away instead? Oh wait he is agreeing? Well never mind. Continue with your insanity please.
Photobucket
Maybe people will forgot about this show too?
So that is about it. Factor in Ms. Demon King was wearing fake demon ears, thinks she has small boobies, and that everyone else in this world seems rotten and everything is...well messed up. We got some mages and other folks looking for Hero but maybe they should just hop on a boat and head towards Middle Earth. I hear they are actually fighting real battles and not trying to profit from war. Just saying.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This show has a lot of talking to be sure, and that’s alright. It’s great, I like the thinking-game. Judging from the OP, the action will come, they’re giving us the intellectual background to fully appreciate the conflicts to come, and the Maou and Yuusha’s place in them. Did I say intellectual? Yes, dear Tenchi, his is an anime that will make you think! It’s not abstract philosophy, which is to say it’s nothing that any of us can’t wrap our minds around, but it’s rife with thoughts you may not have considered before, and therein lies the benefit.

I like how the anime focus on the economics, human nature, and the profit in war. I hope you paid attention to what Maou said, because those are truths she uttered. As a Business Major I can say it confidently ----- THIS IS TRUE! And sadly enough, it indeed it is.

I guess even the King of these humans understands that if this war ends, win or lose, the human side will end up perishing, and that's why he doesn't make use of his army, and send only the Hero out by himself. Also, if you think in a different way, isn't that the same (even in today's society) as sending a killer to kill another ruler? In other world, this boy is just an assassin, under glorified illusion of a name call, "Hero", although he himself does not realize this.

Anonymous said...

I really like this shown, it really make you think both side of the issues, and in this case war, economic, politics, etc.

According to Maou and Yuusha's debate I have to say most anime, well at least the ones I saw never give us, the viewer Maou (Demon King)'s POV. I mean look at those example Yuusha give:

1. The forest/land pollution

Maou's reply: well, if these human stop cutting down tress mindlessly, then there won't be any heavy pollution of the forest.

I mean you know this is true, even today we see what deforestation look like and what happen if too much stuff are burned --> acid rain.

2. The minister was bewitched by demons and the country fell into chaos.
Maou's reply: The minister is just greedy, he tried to usurp political power but failed, and use the "the devil made me do it" to get away.

This is also true, given the time period, how many cases like this happened? Joan D'Arc and Salem Witch Trial, anyone? I think what Maou tried to say that "this is a bad habit of humans to blame everything on the demon world".

Anonymous said...

1st Anonymous here again:

I am not saying I am pro war, but I really think what Maou said make sense, especially in an economic/politic level. She stated that disease and hunger are major origin of human death during the last 200-500 years, but once the war started the proportion of deaths caused by the 2 dropped. Why? During the war, the wealthier countries donated food to poor countries, and countries w/ advanced medical or agricultural technology led innovations in other nation, thus human healthy damage decrease. However, this is nothing to be proud of, since humans could not do something so simple BEFORE quarreling w/demons.

The establishment of the "Middle Continent Crisis Assembly", or the human kingdoms united and formed an alliance for the war because they all "against" a single enemy, the demons. In other words, no kingdom/country tries to kill each-other for food and resources. I suppose this is the same w/ the demon side, since I am sure they have more than 1 kinds of magical creature. So war does save both sides in a way.

One of the major issues is the market flow (or the flow of goods in the market, like food, clothing, weapons, etc) and dependency that led to the "distorted economic structure". You see, in war, everything is mass consumed; goods are constantly flowing in from the "Middle Continent" to the border line of the war. Of course this does NOT come w/o a price.

The money originates from the wartime funding established by the Middle Continent Crisis Assembly. All the countries around the world are sending wartime funds to the borderline kingdoms, in this case south, because this place is where the wars are (the borderline b/w human and demon kingdom). This mean that the various countries in the Middle Continent are using that money to sell their goods, they are simply sending allowances so that others can purchase their goods. Like it shown in the anime, the Middle Continent people just party their life away and use those money and “buy” their (JUST THEIR) safety, so only the people in the borderline are fighting. These fighters earn money from the Middle Continent because they are defending the human world w/ their own blood. It is not like the ENTIRE human world is wrapped up in the heat of the war.

(CONTINUES ....................)

Anonymous said...

(CONTINUES......................)

If the war comes to an end, and the mass-spender vanishes, the producers in the Middle Continent will suffer lots of damage. She said so in the anime, even if she were to surrender, she will be dealt w/ in secret and the war will continue w/ a NEW demon king or queen. This war became essential human/demon society to that extent.

As a result of the war against demons, the human society was formed, the improvement of the market and the spread of medical technology helped decrease hunger and diseases. But that does not mean that the food production has improved as well, I don’t know about demons, but looking throughout human history, this is true. So what would happen if "war casualties" vanished? Like what she agreed in the anime, the Middle Continent will be packed w/ thousands of people who know nothing but swinging their swords due to the aftermath of the war (all the soldiers are coming home after all). And since they are alive, they would require food, but current levels of food production can't satisfy that many people and what do people do when they do not have enough food and jobless? Thief/crime/damage will increase same as our world. I mean you look at news and they tell some people in war-ended countries get raped just to get enough water, excepted not many people see this because government tell the media to “hush-hush”.

Sorry for such boring Business/Politic lectures, it is just that as a Business Major and today’s economic environment it really get me in the mood. Needless to say, I really enjoy this anime, please keep blogging it. I will shut-up now, I hope I am not being too obnoxious, again, sorry for the long blabbing.

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina

I'm an entirely different anonymous than the posts above me. I'm the same anonymous that comments on your other blogs (Little Busters, Zetsuen, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, etc.). Hope you recognize me. :)

I'm not even going to reply to the anonymous posts above me--enough has been said in my opinion. :O

Why do I get the feeling that Maou isn't telling the protagonist the entire story and just using him for shady motives? And why do I also get another feeling this show is Sword Arts Online in a different skin? I don't know. I'm undecided whether I should continue watching this show seeing how pretentious it is. Probably not.

I'm seen this same pretentious hippie nonsense about nature, humans, wars, greed, pollution, etc. in live action shows like Battlestar Galactica (remake version), James Cameron's Avatar, and even the cartoon Ferngully! Quite frankly, I've had enough of these shows that try to make the audience feel like crap because they are born human--makes me want to give the writers the finger and do something human (facebooking! LOL!) just to spite them! >:( Let's be realistic folks, without our technology/engineering, humankind would have perished long ago or have a much, much shorter lifespan; we wouldn't have the basic necessities of living without modifying the land and using its natural resources.

Just listening to this stuck-up wench (Maou) lecture me about how the trees must be saved, greed is within man, and its somehow humankind's fault for just trying to survive makes me want to barf. I guess that's the reason why people don't like those smug hippie elves in role playing games. I believe the TV trope is called, "Screw you, elf!" Again, I've seen this pretentious lecture before and I've grown rather scornful of it.

Obviously, what I wrote is my opinion. And people would disagree and tell me otherwise. Cool. We all have different opinions.

I've should have stayed with Little Busters, Psycho Pass, and Zetsuen. Looking forward to you blog on Amnesia, Christina. Hopefully, it'll like the Adventures of Potato & Friends 2.0 but with an interesting story.

That's all.

eternia said...

I agreed with above anon.
I really hate this kind of show who tried to preach me.
Show is supposed to be fun, just like Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. I couldn't careless about all this crap that war actually brings advantages to humanity. Why don't we start another war right here and now? Bleh. I know their world situation is a bit different. But still, I am not interested to know.
Also I have had enough of this kind of protagonist, freaking out from seeing boobs, freaking out from being hugged. Bah. Loser. I want bad boy such as Yagami Raito. I want bad boy such as Lelouch. All hail Britannia! All hail Lelouch! Hero can go to hell. Woohoo.

Anonymous said...

I like the “thinking game” but I couldn’t sit through this boring episode. Will try again but so far it seems exactly like “abstract philosophy” ie a generic land where generic provinces profit off the wars of others. Yawn. The forest has feelings. The Lorax has boobies. If I want to think I will watch the animes from last season that are going into their second cour, if I want boobies I’ll watch Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka or some other non-pretentious show. Or do they get more specific and particular?

Also the seiyuu for the hero doesn’t match the appearance of the character. He looks young and green but sounds like an older and bigger man. I guess this makes the viewer feel like he’s both shy and manly? IDK.

Christina said...

Anonymous 1- I think that this show could introduce ideas and subjects that could make someone think but that point might be lost on people if those points are drowned out by bouncing boobies. Not that people who have such intellectual thoughts can't be hot and busty. But the way it was presented made all of it turn into a joke. Like totally I am right and you should like love me and some junk.

But at its core this show has a message behind it. One that might be lost in fake demon horns and tight dresses but a message. All of the things that Ms. Demon King was saying were horrible but true. Or could be true. Humans seem to rally in a time of crisis but when there is peace....who cares about one another? Just think about how life could be like if everyone could work together? Also I would argue that things are not that great right now. Some people are partying away while others fight. So things are just...okay. Not great.

Anonymous 2- This show seems to be centered around fanservice gags and what not. But Ms. Demon King was very spot on with her answers to Hero. Like oh you think this is a demon issue? Let me tell you the real story. I just wish she had focused on that part of her don't kill me and work with me plan instead of going to the I LOVE YOU PILLOW MAKE OUT TIME! Girls can be smart, funny, and serious but something about the way Ms. Demon King was presented made me think the Hero doesn't care about what she said, just what she looked like. Which is disheartening.

Anonymous 3- I think that Hero got caught up in the "smile" of a pretty girl. And Ms. Demon King seemed to have all the answers ready for him. So while she came across as very knowledgeable and such...she could have been lying. I doubt that is what is happening but Hero not even considering that is a bit special.

I think a little tree hugging now and then is very important. A balance is needed so we have a place to live. But to act like things aren't better now and we should go back to how it used to be....sorry. We can have Tigers and Polar Bears but I also want indoor plumbing and Code Red.

Eternia- It is like Hero had never seen a girl before. Even though there are currently some in the party he left behind. Like soft pieces of body are touching me?! I will melt even though I am a hardened soldier!

Anonymous 4- I was too busy being cross eyed to notice the voice of Hero being off. But I am sure he sounded a little too old for this 18 year old kid (?) who has been picked to save the day.

Again there seems like there are some solid ideas being thrown around in this show but it is hard to get your message across when people aren't watching because of fanservice or only watching because of fanservice.