Monday, October 24, 2011

Shakugan no Shana Season Three Episode 3: Yuji likes walking

XO October! Why are you making me a liar. I said this was the month of amazingly awful scary movies yet you keep showing the same ones over and over again. And I don’t want to watch Scare Tactics. No more Scare Tactics and The Hills Have Eyes. I already saw the eyes play something else.

On a side note can animals become zombies? Apparently an expert on zombies says NO but I don’t see how they would be immune to that. They are already pretty unaware of their actions most of the time. Why not make them undead and really hungry? Bring on the zombie animals!

Photobucket

Run run Japanese people are always on the run.

Up now is the super short blog post for Shakugan no Shana episode 3. Spoilers for….Yuji being boring.



Photobucket

Cellphones? Weren't you just writing updates to your boss VIA letter last episode?

Episode Summary (err): Yuji gets off the train and walks around the city for hours. Satou informs Eita that a Crimson Lord is thingy is around and that he needs to go help Margery. He does so but it pissed off. Shana and Wilhelmina stop practicing and also sense something odd. Shana then USES A CELLPHONE to contact Kazumi and asks her if she wants in on this…craziness. Kazumi says she is on Team Crazy and is sent to help Eita climb a lot of stairs and watch the little device that overlooks the city. Margery has tracked down the Crimson Lord and haha it is Yuji. Shana is all @_@ when told. Meanwhile Yuji is taking a walk in the city and down memory lane. He remembers most of the amazing scenes from the first season. He stops and thinks about all the people in his life that he left behind. But he has made his decision and must move forward. The episode ends with Yuji meeting Shana on top of a bridge. BATTLE TIME!

So um…yeah. This is going to be a short blog.

Photobucket

This bag is so ugly I thought I point it out.

This entire episode was devoted to Yuji walking around the city and everyone realizing that the Crimson Lord they are feeling in town is Yuji.

Eita coming back into the picture was a bit anti climatic. I thought it was going to take more for him to run back to Margery. And in the end he really wasn’t needed. Even if someone needs to look at the thingy thing Kazumi could do it. So I am not buying that he needed to get out the situation and was drug back in some easily, really at the first sign of danger.

Photobucket

I don't like yoooooooooooou.

Really Eita makes me angry when I think about him. Can’t he protect his girlfriend easier if he is in the loop? They are not going to be out of danger by being ignorant to what is going on. So being with the group is the best way to protect her. Stupid.

Shana continuing her training was special too. We still don’t know why she magically powered up. She found herself folks. FOUND HERSELF.

So was that it? Was the rest of the episode walking around the city? I think it was. X__X

Photobucket

Such distant memories!!!

So yes folks. Most of the episode was Yuji getting off a train and walking around town like he had been gone for 5 years. I mean for most people the last time they saw some of these scenes were 5 years ago but for Yuji it was like a few months ago. It was nice seeing some flashbacks that I had forgotten. A lot of series with a few seasons under their belts do a catch up episode so I am not complaining about that.

Photobucket

This is what the train stations looked like Kyoto. Tokyo not so much.

What I am complaining about is how it was done. If Yuji has magically become the bad guy of his own free will then why is he taking a walk down memory lane? That is what someone should do if they had no choice in the matter and are a little remorseful. But if you are coming to destroy them all because you are the King Baddie why are you taking the time to stop and smell the memories? It was all weird.
But it was kinda cool seeing “Japan”. Have I mentioned that I miss it yet?

Photobucket

This is the best pre battle scene I could take. :( Sorry.

That is about it. Sorry for such a short post. Sometimes flashback episodes can be like that. But next week it looks like we are going to get a fight. And possibly some tears?

2 comments:

eternia said...

A recap episode.
I don't mind seeing events from season 1 once again because I have stored them in the bottom most of my desk drawer.
Un. What's the point of thinking about the past when he's going to kick everyone's butts anyway?
Weird. The animator is simply using him in order to remind viewers of early seasons.
Why does Shana memorize Kazumi's number when I never saw her used a phone during season 1 and 2?
X_X

Christina said...

Eternia- I am surprised anyone in this series can use a phone after seeing them write all this random letters to people.

The random recap was a good reminder for me since I was like um yeah I forgot that. But yes it was weird seeing Yuji be all wistful when he APPEARS to be wanting to side with the baddies. Weirdo.