Monday, October 3, 2011

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2011 Day 0

WOOHOO! Apparently I was just having a case of the UGHS because after some Vitamin C, meds, and noms I feel fine. Maybe I am just getting old and need time to recover from a nonstop fun weekend? Kids these days.

As a sidenote that has nothing to do with this post…MOG Blood-C ended SO BAD. I almost want to blog it now but I need to blog AWA while it is fresh in my mind. The awful can wait. But it is so awful folks. SO AWFUL!

This year I am going to try something a little different. I usually get long winded and that turns into paragraphs of WORDS that go one forever. So I thought that I would break up the days into their own separate posts. That way it won’t seem so long and it won’t be so picture heavy? What do you think? Yay? YAY indeed. Onward to Thursday.


Traveling to AWA was FUN. Super duper fun. XD Of course when you are with fun people any situation can be fun right? Okay that is lies. But it was a fun time despite the rarw.

Photobucket

Civilization! At last!

Apparently traveling through the smallest counties in Georgia IS the fastest way to Atlanta from the husband’s work. You know because he can’t take any time off without there being major drama and his boss trying to call us despite the fact we had no reception. Yes folks. No reception. The entire way I had my eyes out for anyone who looked suspicious. Like carrying a chainsaw or mutated. I think what saved us was I was not wearing a tank top.

Photobucket

Wonder how traffic was during the Olympics....

So despite leaving at 2:15pm and not the 10:00 time I had wanted we got there at a pretty decent time. We arrived around 7:45. It would have been 7:30 had we not taken the wrong road and seen the BIGGEST HOUSES EVER. Seriously I thought I was in Beverly Hills or something. And this was right around the corner from the Convention Hotel. Just BAM huge houses that we could only wave at.

Photobucket

We has arrived!!! Feel bad for the people who got bumped from their hotels though...

Check in was very quick. Like wait I thought there was a line? Nope in and out just like that. Didn’t get a corner room but since other people had…you know…no rooms I really can’t complain about that. The corner rooms are huge though. And last year that room came with a free fridge. Can’t complain about getting something nice yes?

Photobucket

I love that the beds are so big. And the pillows were fluffy X__X

What would have been nice is if the TV worked. I brought my laptop thinking WEE free internet yes? Not. So sad. Since I didn’t want to pay 15 dollars for internet I thought we could watch TV in our down time and have background noise. I am a big fan of background noise. The TVs were all new and it appeared there were digital channels. Just the channels didn’t work for me. :( Oh sad for me.

Photobucket

Hungry anyone?

So after throwing all our crap in the room we ran downstairs to get our badges. I think the line looked longer than it was or the people behind the counter were working fast. I do know people in the group pick-up line were complaining about how long they were waiting. We got in the line around 8:10 so maybe the line had been longer before it officially opened? I don’t know. We waited about 20 minutes which I thought was reasonable.

Photobucket

Time to get some deals! Also....VHSs? Really? XD

Badges and bags in hand it was time to do some shopping! I do love getting my shopping on. So glad we got to leave at 2:15 instead of the 5pm a certain someone’s boss wanted. We would have been cutting it WAY to close to getting our badges and I am sure a room on floor 4 would have been a pipe dream. But then we would have missed all the SuperHappyFunSell.

Photobucket

The light in our hotel room wasn't that great for taking swag pictures. That or it was dark. One of the two.

Last year I sold stuff at the SuperHappyFunSell but I sold so much I didn’t have enough to justify a table. That and we wouldn’t have made it there in time…..But this year it seemed like there was a lot more people. Both booth wise and shopper wises. Not sure how people’s sales were but I certainly spent more money that the prior years at this sale. I do wish people were more prepared and had prices on their things. It is already an awkward experience what with the pleading eyes and what not. I just think it would make it easier.

Photobucket

Oh there is all my stuff!!! Yay for 10 dollar jackets!!!!

WOOHOO JACKET! So happy.

After all that shopping we decided to go upstairs and get situated. Apparently I packed way too much food. XD Just the two of us and all those noms. The husband went to bed while I read the program book. XO I had a game plan before leaving home but seeing it all in black and white made me go X___X. So many things overlapping. Better get to bed so I have the strength to do everything I have planned!

Stay tuned for Anime Weekend Atlanta Day 1 Friday!

No comments: