Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Anime Series! Shakugan no Shana Season Three Episode 1

Just….today was not a good day. A very bad day indeed. And vacuum cleaners (well GOOD ONES) are expensive. Very expensive. Just bleh.

Really just bleh. I can’t think of anything positive to say. :( Maybe tomorrow will be better and maybe my fingers won’t hurt so much. Stupid shredder.

Photobucket

This episode was sort of a downer....perfect for my mood!

So since I am in a stellar mood I guess it is time to blog anime. In a wonderful state of mind. Anyway up now is Shakugan no Shana Season Three episode 1. What a mouth full yes? Spoilers for Yuji having a bad day too.



Photobucket

Yay for "future" scenes starting off this episode.

Episode Summary: The episode starts off with a battle. A huge battle. Crimson Denizens are all over the place and Shana is doing her best to kick butt. In the middle of the battle Shana looks up and it is Yuji with long hair? He says that he is going to save Shana but she doesn’t look to happy to see him. Rewinding backwards to that fateful Christmas Eve (season two ending) Yuji did pick Shana. Shana smiles but Yuji disappears. Shana goes and picks up Kazumi (with her magical fire wings) who was also waiting for Yuji. They arrive to his home and watch all his belongings disappear as his existence is erased. Before everyone can cry though the girls receive their love letters back that they gave to Yuji. Shana is confident that means Yuji is still alive in some capacity. Shana continues to visit Yuji’s mom who is super pregnant and excited about her new baby. She makes no mention of Yuji and Alastor reminds Shana (or us) of the rules of what happens when a Torch gets snuffed out. Shana takes her sad shower thinking about Yuji. Kazumi arrives at school and Matake is excited to see her. Matake and all her happiness makes Kazumi all sad face about Yuji not being there anymore. Ike shows up and that makes Kazumi even more sad face. Shana and Kazumi think quietly to themselves how they think Yuji is still alive but just not with them.

Photobucket

Someone didn't get the memo that Yuji is dead.

Elsewhere in…dead land Yuji is floating around thinking about what to do. He doesn’t like how the current system is set up and how Shana seems to be a pawn. After much thinking Yuji decides he is going to go back. Margery is in contact with Outlaw and trying to figure out what to do with Bal Masque. Eita seems to be grounded in his resolve to leave the crazy world of Flame Hazes behind. Satou comes to say goodbye to him as he has fully embraced the lifestyle and will work for Outlaw. Wilhelmina is busy also researching Bal Masque and basically looking busy. She doesn’t really comfort Shana about the whole Yuji being gone deal. She instead tells Shana to write the head (I think) of Outlaw as the old lady can help her deal with her problems. Later Margery and Shana practice fighting as Shana needs to bring her A-game if she is to beat Bal Masque for real. She probably should train harder as Yuji has returned but is now leading Bal Masque. THE END!

I really,really forgot a lot with this series. And I mean a whole lot.

Photobucket

Ah yes....I remember them well...X_X

Which is weird because I think I watched Fate/Stay Night BEFORE Shana but I seem to remember more. Of course not much more but still. I had to go back and read a whole lot to get myself semi caught up on what the heck was going on.

Photobucket

I don't have time for Christmas Eve fools!

With that being said I do remember clearly the last scene of the second season. When Yuji picked Shana over Kazumi on Christmas Eve. I remember this clearly because of how second one ended. When Shana told Yuji she loved him and he HEARD her. But come second season he was like what? words? So I thought to myself oh so let’s see if they change how season three starts off. Because Yuji clearly chose Shana with her happy smiling face.

Photobucket

I feel as if this is Aliens and Aliens 3 all over again....

Well it turns out that was the true ending and that season three picked up right where season two left off. Only the smiling face lasted 5 seconds as Yuji disappears from the crowd. WOOHOO FOLKS! We are in for an emo ride with Shana and Kazumi yes?

Yuji was pretty annoying for most of the episode and he was just a floating blob. Well I guess it would be more accurate to say Reiji Maigo was being annoying. Yuji being all disappeary and all had a right to be confused. Why did he disappear anyway, did he use too much Power o Existence in the “final” battle? But yes Reiji Maigo was like nope, you can’t do anything so suck it up.

Photobucket

Oh nothing....just floating around being dead.

Well Yuji wants to go back and set things right. There has to be more he can do right? The whole Crimson Denizens attacking Earth and Flame Hazes destroying them before too many people are killed. Yeah that doesn’t sound too positive. There has to be a way where Yuji could permanently stop the Denizen and save Shana from all that fighting. And that is what brings Yuji back from the fuzzy land of nothing.

Photobucket

Yay for wishes being granted? Got to be more specific next time.

Only it looks like things did not go quite as planned. It is hard to tell but the Lord living inside the treasure might have taken control off the Yuji body? Because he is off leading the Bal Masque people. This is probably a bad thing. But in the “future” clips scattered throughout the episode Yuji was talking to Shana about saving her fate. I don’t know if that is Lord talking or Yuji. Shana doesn’t seem too happy in this future so I am assuming all is bad.

Photobucket

Oh hi random girl who has no reason to visit me. Come and eat my food please.

But since the future has not happened yet Shana is trucking along. At first she was pretty :( that Yuji and all traces of him went poof into the night. His mom doesn’t remember him either right? Must be kind weird for her to visit mom. Wonder what mom thinks. I sorta forgot Yuji had a dad. He needs to come home soon if his wife is so pregnant.

Photobucket

Things will be okay if she trains hard enough!

Shana seems confident that Yuji is still alive. There is some significance with her and Kazumi getting their letters back. I am sure it makes sense. But since Shana is so confident everyone else is too. Yuji has to be alive because he is so awesome and has the will to live. Shana might not be as emo as I thought this season.

Well until she finds out Yuji is the bad guy of course.

Photobucket

:( So sad how people just disappear in this series.

The rest of the episode showed the other characters doing random things. I am sure they wouldn’t seem so random if I could remember more of season one and two. Mainly they were shown being sad over Yuji being “dead”, confident that he would stop being dead, and how they personally were going to get ready for the upcoming battles.

Photobucket

Everyone has the sads yay!!!

I think once the show starts up again I will gradually remember what is going on. Or not. Does Ike know Yuji is missing? If so how does he know about the other world stuff? Maybe he was just looking sad because Kazumi turned him down.

Whatever the case may be I think the vibe of this season will be totally different than season two. Season two had too much focus on high school and love triangles and what not. This time around I think things are going to be much more serious. However I do not know how popular this season is going to be given the long gap in between season two and three. I know I am confused and lost, I am sure others are as well.

2 comments:

eternia said...

I am not really confused, because I really loved the series and had it kept on safe part of my brain, lol.
Yuuji really turned into the bad guy on his own decision, and that body is more like a vessel for multiple personality now.
Yuuji hated the endless war between Flame Haze and Tomogara, and the fastest way to join hand with the "Silver". Sydonay, Bel Poel and Hecate are already overwhelming stronger in 1vs1 battle. Now, with their leader's return, and Yuuji's intelligence, winning the war would be a piece of cake!
Only that this is an shounen anime...

Christina said...

Eternia- So Yuji isn't in charge of his own body right now but allowed the baddie to take over on purpose? That is a bummer. :( Sounds like the best way to stop the war was to not allow Silver to return AKA die Yuji. If I were Shana I be pissed.

So I am guessing this series is not going to be as fluffy as season two. XD