Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Anime Series! Fate/Zero Episode 1!

XO I might have pushed a button at work. But someone went way, WAY over the line with me. WAY OVER THE LINE. Not really proud of how I handled it but you know. Being called the C-word (not Blood-Crazy) is sorta of a line that no one has ever crossed with me. I didn’t know how to handle the situation.

But despite the fact that I didn’t start anything surely everything will be blamed on me. I give myself about a 50 percent chance of keeping my job through the end of week. XD But given the fact that we are so short staffed I might be given a brief reprieve. But I think my number is up at Mike’s Pizza Place.

Photobucket

I am taking Rin to work with me. Surely she will lay down the law.

So to take my mind off the crazy that is my life I decided YAY new anime time. The Fall Anime Season is upon us and up first is Fate/Zero! Everyone loves Saber right? Spoilers for this super-sized episode! Oh the spoilers being you need a flow chart to keep everything straight.



Photobucket

Well that was a downer of a way to start a series....

Episode Summary: Err…the episode spans from 9 years ago to “present day” (which is 10 years before Fate/Stay Night). Some people are doing sneaky things to get ready for the war so I will just give the basic layout of what was going on. 10 years ago Emiya was running around having a great time killing mages and trying to get himself killed in the process. But then he met Irisviel and everything changed. He was adopted into the family in the hopes they could win the Holy Grail War. Emiya has a certain ideal that he wants to meet and needs the wish to do so. Irisviel agrees with his ideals and together they make a bundle of cuteness in the form of Illyasviel. Emiya thinks he has a great chance at winning since he was able to summon the King of Kings (King Arthur) but worries about one of his competitors, Kirei.

Photobucket

The closing was nice and happy. Surely a lie. But nice.

Kirei was a priest doing the church thing until his father and Tokiomi basically force Kirei to be “chosen” to ensure that Tokiomi wins. Kirei seems to be a wild card as he has no real conviction at all. Tokiomi is the father of Sakura and Rin. But Sakura is sent off to live with another family because people are insane. She is sent to live with Kariya’s family and he (Kariya) is enraged as he is friends with Tokiomi’s family. He vows to take Sakura’s place in this war so she can go free. But both parties are subjected to a horrible process to help them become mages. Two other Masters aren’t very interesting. Kayneth is a teacher who is all about pure bloods and mages becoming more powerful with each generation. His student Waver is of a different camp, that hard work will produce better mages. Waver manages to steal his way into the competition and no one stops him. All these people are working towards the moment where they can summon their Servants and be awesome. Not everyone’s motives are known but the second Saber appeared on the screen all is well in the world. THE END!

And then I have absolutely no idea what is going on. XD Yay me.

Obviously watching Fate/Stay Night …3 years ago has not ruined or spoiled anything for me. XD I am barely remembering who is parents to who. But I remember you Rin! You are super cute. And I am just assuming who the cute little baby was….XD

Photobucket

Hotties sooth away the confusion. XD

Other than that is a huge about of what the heck is going on?! But in a good way. Not in a Blood-C type of confusion. More like the names are unfamiliar to me. Weird right? But seeing Japanese names that are used frequently are easier for me to remember than these random….err whatever language their names are in. So spelling and remembering names might be take a while. Bear with me.

Forgetting most of Fate/Stay Night might work to my advantage in this anime. XD Make everything fresh and new. I do remember Sakura but I thought she was being molested by a “fake” brother. I had no idea about the worms and what not. Also this part is fuzzy but clearly something goes wrong with the War as it is not 60 years later for the next one.

So we got to meet our confusing list o characters today. I think I will use the rest of my post to talk about them as the real “plot” might be beyond me at this point.

Photobucket

Oh snap. They are explaining off the bat that someone hunts their own kind and not waiting until the very last episode?! SHOCKER!

I am just going to say Emiya as that is a lot easier to write. Emiya. Once a mage (well anyone) killer but turned “good guy”. Since everyone was keeping their wishes close to their chest it is hard to judge who is good and who is crazy. He met Irisviel and I suppose that changed him, found something to believe in? We women are powerful like that. Although if this is ten years in the future…that is one tiny 19 year old. But yay for Saber right? YAY!!!!

Photobucket

Were they putting a spell on him or something? What was with the walking around in a circle craziness?

Clicking on Kirei’s name gave me some spoilers (well more like reminders). No more clicking for me. Overall I found Kirei kinda blah. And I think that is why Emiya is slightly worried. Why is someone so blah able to enter this war? One needs conviction right? Also why isn’t anyone objecting to the judge’s son getting involved in the war? But Kirei seems to be a quick learn. I just don’t know how much I am going to like him since he is in Tokiomi’s back pocket.

Photobucket

I think this is the anime year of parent fail. This being the worse case of course.

But since I can’t remember what Rin’s wish was I guess hating on Tokiomi for being too calculating might be premature. Maybe he has a reason for being all secretive and turning this into Survivor: Mage Style. Got to have plans right? But I might hate him and his wife for allowing their kid to be taken by another family. Like why couldn’t the other family just force their son to find some random baby momma and get a kid that way? Losers.

Photobucket

But I want to be special too, like Harry Potter! Only I came before him....

I don’t think I am going to like Waver. Guess this is show before Harry Potter. Wai people not from good families are not treated as well and can never move up in the world. But behold a “chance” encounter allowed him to steal a summoning thingy thing (relic) and no one tracked him down to get the relic back. I believe this. And I will cry no tears when he inevitably loses. But his Servant looks friendly enough.

Photobucket

Being a mage seems like so much fun!

Poor Kariya. Like seriously. I am drawing a blank but I do recall a crazy person in Fate/Stay Night. I am guessing that is him. Knowing his back story will make him a more tragic character though. He joined only to save Sakura and well she does not get saved. And he is way worse for wear. Worms inside the body are never a good thing. So while his intentions are good (the wish not so much) he is not going to be a winner. And his Servant is going to be insane. I predict bad things for him.

Photobucket

That paper looks so long X_____X

I really don’t have much of an opinion on Kayneth. I see him getting taken out pretty early just because it would be funny. Not much of a reason right? I guess if you are brought up in a snotty family with snotty values you turn out that way. Pure bloods are the way folks. Learning means nothing….except in every medium ever!!! XD

Unless I am missing something I think that is everyone that was mentioned in this episode. We got one Master left unaccounted for. But since we don’t have a crazy psychopath I am going to guess that is the missing person. Also where are all the women? Rude!!!

Photobucket

GROSS! Do not want bugs!

Clearly there are plenty of people and give side eye too. It is easy to hate grandfather Zoken Matou. But hello who gives away their child?! There has to be an easier way to get magical powers than rolling around in worms. That seems really….stupid. And gross. Do not like.

Photobucket

WOOHOO! Just no more new outfits....I can't afford more nendoroids of Saber.

Can’t wait to see more of Saber. XD Just had to throw that out there.

This 45 minute episode was a lot to digest. I think the next episode will be easier to understand. We are done with the time jumping and what not. Had to get the behind the scenes information out there I suppose. Slightly confused but pretty satisfied with this episode.

5 comments:

eternia said...

It's weird that the thieving brat was not arrested, but it's not really a flaw.
It's possible that:
-teacher is too proud of himself and doesn't think of the brat as his obstacle. Like, so what if you want to participate as well?
-the brat is quite sneaky and good at getting away. Didn't he hypnotize a pair of grandpa and granny to think of him as their grandson?
YES, I can't remember their name too. LOL.
All is fine, since the final scene is really cool!! And Gilgamesh is a real hottie. <3

Christina said...

Eternia- There were way too many names in this episode. My head nearly exploded.

That is true that the kid (Waver right) could have used a spell to hide from them. But I would think the person who was really meant to be a challenger this round would have been pretty pissed and hunted him down. XD I think I would have liked to see him hiding a little bit better or something to make it seem like he really did do something bad and dangerous.

And amen to the hottie! Hopefully he sticks around for a while. Archer got taken out pretty early last time....

eternia said...

Episode 2 is out!
I am downloading it now.
People said that Caster's summoning is really disturbing, I can't wait to see it.
They also complain how the heroic summoned beings don't look like the real life one.
They forgot that even Arthur is a cutie girl, so anything is up to the author's imagination.
:-)

Anonymous said...

I just notice something, those two circling around him just tell him to aid Tokiomi, they never ONCE tell Kirei that he can also, and has the right, to get the Grail!!!
I wonder does Kirei know this or not !

Christina said...

Eternia- Castor and his Master are so disturbing I think it might be hilarious. Poor little children indeed.

It's not like any of us were really around during these times so who knows what the Servants really look like. Well of course Saber is a girl...but who cares? YAY DESTROYED HISTORY!

Anonymous- I think at the time Kirei felt very trapped (thus the whole caged animal thing going on with the walking and such). But now I think he is playing for himself but is putting on an excellent show of loyalty. Or he really has no reason for the Grail because he is a boring person on the inside. X__X That might be really too sad to think about.