Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kimi to Boku episode 3

Lately my life has been all about fake smiles. I know that life isn’t always fun times at anime conventions and trips out of town. But it is possible for normal life to not be so upsetting and depressing? Is it possible for people to treat me like a human being? Just bleh people. Bleh. Being bleh makes it hard to blog.

So a word to all. If you to pick up pizza and you see a girl behind the counter screaming at all her co-workers and throwing a pen at the wall don’t assume she is crazy. Because 5 seconds before you walked in they made three pizzas wrong, forgot to serve customers their appetizers, and neglected to tell anyone there was no more cheese in the store. Okay so maybe the girl is crazy…but she has reasons to be.

Photobucket

This is how my week has been.

While there is peace and quiet in my house I will try to get some things blogged. Or maybe I will run out and do some errands. Up now is episode 3 of Kimi to Boku. Spoilers for straw hair people and cold shoulders.



Photobucket

What's a love connection?

Episode Summary: Kaname is picking on Masaki (why did I refer to her as her last name last week?) for eating lunch with them. Shun tries to explain that Masaki is there for homework help but Kaname drives her away. Shun does not seem to get that Masaki likes him so the rest of the guys tease Shun. Which he also doesn’t get. Yuki’s homeroom gets a transfer student. His name is Chizuru and he is happy to be alive. But after greeting the class he latches onto Yuki claiming he knows him. Yuki is like…no I don’t know you. Yuki tries fleeing to Yuta’s classroom during breaks but Chizuru follows. Chizuru is like X__X there are two of you?! But he still insists that Yuki is the one he played with in a park many moons ago. Yuki and Yuta could care less about Chizuru and walk away from him. Kaname gets offended by Chizuru’s lack o caring about him. And then Chizuru accidentally assumes Shun is a girl, Yuki’s girlfriend. Chizuru makes more attempts to get Yuki to remember him but Kaname and Yuta both think that Yuta is the one he is thinking about.

Photobucket

Mangas have feelings too!

After school the twins read some mangas and talk about the feeling of books and what not. Chizuru shows up and insists he gave Yuki a toy when they were younger. Chizuru starts to get depressed that one of the twins didn’t remember them and starts ignoring Yuki. But after school some random kids want to beat Chizuru up. The twins arrive on the scene and manage to get Chizuru out of harm’s way. While running memories of what happened a long time ago resurface. While Yuta was sick in bed Yuki was at the park being bored. A younger Chizuru shows up unable to speak Japanese but eager to play. They had a nice time together until Yuki accidentally makes Chizuru fall out of a tree. Chizuru insists that he was okay though. Yuki ends up getting sick and Yuta goes out to get him some noms. He encounters Chizuru who thinks he is Yuki. Chizuru has to go back home but gives Yuki the toy he “won” yesterday. Yuta in turns gives it to Yuki. So after all the flashback Chizuru looks at Yuki on the roof and says he is the one who played with him in the park. Yuki acts like he doesn’t care but almost shows remorse about Chizuru falling out of the tree. When Yuki acknowledges Chizuru he (Chizuru) gets all happy and starts hanging out with the group. Well until he realizes Shun is a girl. Then he passes out. THE END!

Photobucket

Taking over the world!

So…I was waiting for the 5th guy to show up thinking it would make things interesting. Now I kinda wish he had stayed away for his own mental health.

Photobucket

Someone not important at all?

And is Masaki really going to hang out with the guys from now on? I don’t mean that in a creepy “MOG kill all the women trying to break up my yaoi pairing” way. I mean it in a wow she is annoying and I don’t wish to see more of her kinda way. I thought her approach to handling a crush was way too immature and I think her height scares me. So please stay away Masaki. Far far away.

Isn’t Chizuru a GIRL name? Gosh I hate that name. Bringing back some bad memories folks.

Photobucket

Very excited indeed.

To be fair to the twins Chizuru was a little…overly excited to see them. One of them anyway. Yes the twins aren’t really the happy to see you type when you know them but still. Chizuru was a little over the top, especially since these are guys and Japanese guys at that. After causing that scene in class I can see why someone would want to avoid Chizuru.

Photobucket

Well that makes Chizuru sound crazy. X__X

But the twins are mean. And the writers are stupid. They can remember stuff that happened when they were 4/5 years old but not when they are significantly older? To be fair this event only lasted a day but still. It would be easier to remember a “special/weird” day when you are 10 than Shun crying over flowers when he was 4 yes?

Photobucket

And then he kept walking.

If this was a reasonable/realistic show Chizuru would have gotten discouraged. He would have either tried to make other friends or become a social outcast. I would have been pretty sad if I was being ignored like that. I mean…putting aside the fact that I would not declare it a magical miracle that I recognize someone from a one day encounter from 38927 years ago.

Photobucket

Yay for being cute little kids!

The flashback scenes were cute though. I think that kids that age are more accepting of new people (obviously Yuki was anyway). Sometimes conversation is not important when playing is involved. Toddlers play together all the time without being able to communicate so I am sure some of that is spills over into elementary school. All of that I found believable and interesting to watch. I wonder when Yuki became such a jerk. He was a kinder kind. And I think Chizuru was cute with his brave face in light of falling out of a tree.

So with all that said why did Yuka and Yuki rescue Chizuru from the fight? I mean they were going out of their way to ignore him. That line about the manga confused me though. Yuki was talking to Yuta right? Then why did Chizuru answer? Because the twins were clearly not spending time with the boy until that day yes? Confusing.

Photobucket

Breaking up a fight indeed.

So the twins breaking up the fight was uncharacteristic of them yes? For me I think so. They seem the type to not get involved with anything, including the troubles of others. But even if deep down they are nice the way they rescued Chizuru was so….boring anyway. It barely seemed like they were involved. Like oh this is like typing our shoe or something.

Photobucket

Apparently this is the face of happiness.

In the end Yuki seems to remember Chizuru and gives him tiny hints that yes you are not a psychopath and I do remember that one time when you fell out of a tree. So now that Yuki and Yuta saved him Chizuru feels as if he is apart of the group and will now hang out with everyone. Where I am sure he will be treated like the 5th wheel and the butt of many jokes.

Photobucket

That was looking a little girlfriend like.

That might sadden Shun to learn that he has been replaced. Instead of laughing at Shun because he is blind to Tiny Terror’s love now everyone is laughing at Chizuru for thinking Shun is a girl. And Chizuru wasn’t even told about the Chizuru drama. Yay for friends yes?

Photobucket

I miss Japan.

I don’t know how I feel about this show. I mean…girls doing cute normal things is fun. Guys sitting around and ignoring each other and picking on each other does not seem that entertaining to me. But maybe I feel that way because I am a girl? In any event I hope the show steps it up before I lose interest.

No comments: