Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shakugan no Shana Season Three episode 2

X__X Our customers are way too…stupid. Every day they do something that makes me question the IQ of the entire world. And I know there are intelligent people out there. That there has to be MANY MORE intelligent people than the people who stroll into our store. So why do we only get the special people?

No dude. You do not get a discount because you have to drive to our store and pick up your pizza. What part of carry out is that hard to understand? Seriously people.

Photobucket

I like how the baddies are either gross monsters or normal looking people. SO ADORABLE!

Then I came home and there are at least 4 shows for me to blog. How did I get so far behind? XD Oh wells for me. Up now is Shakugan no Shana Season Three episode 2. Spoilers for a lot of names. LOTS OF NAMES!



Photobucket

Everyone needs 1289747 million names yay!!!

Episode Summary: Sydonay is in China kicking some butt. A hot Flame Haze battles him briefly but then she gets totally annihilated in a matter of minutes. With that the entire Chinese Outlaw place thingy get taken out. Back in Japan land Shana receives a letter. I guess it is from someone important. The head person at Outlaw I guess? Anyway she looks like she is a nun and has some very amazing advice for Shana that can only be hand written with a quill and not sent in an email. Become one with yourself. Shana is very confused with this Chinese fortune cookie advice and her practice with Margery suffer because of it. Back in baddie headquarters all does not seem well. Some baddies are not happy that their leader has returned in the shape of a not so amazing Yuji. There seems to be those who will serve YujiSilver no matter what and some who are pissed. Bel Peol and Hecate are outside hanging out with YujiSilver. You know the troops are pissed but YujiSilver needs to stop and smell the nonexistent roses for real.

Photobucket

Maybe you should be talking to your troops instead of looking at the beautiful mountains. Just a thought.

When YujiSilver goes back inside he is confronted by the main unhappy baddie. YujiSilver beats him in like 5 seconds with his magic growing hair. Bel Peol explains to everyone else watching it is plan time. But we don’t get to know the plan as the scene goes back to Shana. She is still practicing and still sucking. But with a little encouragement to FIND HERSELF and name her attack she magically is able to master new skills. Okay. Satou is riding a train trying to be all badass. He is thinking back to Margery’s recent conversation. She wants him to be her errand boy from now on as he works for Outlaw. She gives him a magical piece of paper that will tell him when Baddies are nearby. The paper activates while Satou is on the train. He has a freak out moment until the train passes another. He realizes the baddie was on that train and feels bad about the people who just died. The train stops and Yuji walks off. THE END!

So…I am all sorts of confused. Very confused.

Photobucket

I am sure this made sense......

I think a lot of my confusion stems from the fact that everyone has two names and then they have a Crimson Lord inside a talisman of some sort that has two different names. Then all the other baddies seem to have two names as well and I can’t even remember the names of the people from two seasons ago. So many names and a huge gap in between seasons is making my brain hurt.

For now it seems like Mr. Silver is in charge of Yuji’s body. Someone last week commented that Yuji allowed this take over to happen. I really hope that is not the case. :( Like maybe his wish was to end the war and TADA if the baddies win that is technically ending the war right? I guess I just don’t want Yuji to be a baddie. That would put his mother, unborn sibling, and all the people he has grown up with in danger. Oh and I doubt this outcome will help Shana.

Photobucket

I don't doubt you Lord but let me talk about how I doubt you.

But even YujiSilver is having problems. All is not well in baddie land. The Denizens of Crazyland are not happy with the new boss. They were expecting him to look like Mr Silver and what they got was some high school kid with long hair. The people were not pleased and some random uglies demanded a recount.

Photobucket

Behold the sparkling hair.

But they got demonstration did they not? Sure YujiSilver likes to take long walks on the rocky mountain side looking for sakura blossoms but deep down he is still a badass ready to kill people. The long hair is not for looks folks. It is for growing and….doing something. Obviously being more amazing than everyone else. Whatever his magical hair can do it sure showed everyone he is big man on campus.

Photobucket

:( I thought you were going to last longer than that.

Their plan to take over the world seems to be going quite nicely too. I am a little sad that the Chinese Flame Haze was taken out so quickly. She seemed like she was a little badass. Sydonay seems to have some super powered…article of awesome. Did I forget what it was or have we not been told yet? Or was that the whole explanation and I missed it? I hope not because I am still confused. But apparently he needs to be nuked, have his head cut off, limbs thrown in the ocean, and the brain sent into outer space to kill him. That might take a while.

Photobucket

Did I miss the part where she found herself?

The rest of the episode was a little….well just okay I guess. I am not sure what was Shana’s problem was. She decided she was in love with him last season. He showed up to say “goodbye” last episode. So I am not sure what this find yourself crap was. By the end of the episode she seemed to have better control of her new power and it made no sense why she was able to do so. She didn’t even scream out a name for said power. She hadn’t figured herself out yet and I am sure she is still confused about Yuji. So…yeah. I am all for Shana being confused and conflicted this season but I don’t know why she got all super powered by the end of the episode.

I thought Satou was going….away. I thought his goodbye with Eita was supposed to mean something. According to the internets he might be going to a different school but the anime is different from the novel. Regardless he is hanging out watching Shana train and making sure Margery doesn’t drink herself to death.

Photobucket

I can't die! It is only season two!

But I did like his scene in the train. He thinks he is big and bad but deep down he is still scared of all this nonsense. Which is how it should be. This is how he should have been portrayed all along. Tough on the outside and scared to death in his room. He can’t just sit back and not fight because he knows the truth. But he is still scared and him freaking out of the train made me think of him as a real person. Yay for being real.

Photobucket

The new and improve Yuji is so glowy!

Yuji being on the train was a XO moment. I thought for sure Satou was going to be upset about all those people being nommed. And maybe they were. But when Yuji walked out of the train I though oh snap. And I thought where did the hair go? Deep down I hope that there is still a part of Yuji who is kind and strong. But it sounds like he has turned to the dark side. Yay for everyone crying next episode?

Photobucket

What does that even mean?



2 comments:

eternia said...

Everyone seem to be pissed off with the old nun, and hell yeah, she deserved it.
What's with that stupid sentence that doesn't mean anything as an advice? Finding myself? I am right here, granny!
Pfffft.
And Yuuji is really a bad guy now, Christina. :-)
He's going to kidnap Shana, force her to become his woman, and he tried to kill all the good guys.
Oh, joy~
The anime might be different, though. Since there are subtle differences during season 1 and 2.

Christina said...

Eternia- X___X That was a dramatic leap then. He should have tried to use Silvers powers to help Shana. Not go WELP things are looking bad so I might as well be the evil guy? Crazy. No faith at all.

I have no idea why Ms Nun sent that letter. It didn't really help at all. Well apparently it did since Shana was able to magically control her powers by finding herself. But normal people would not find comfort in those half hearted words. A fortune cookie would be more useful.