Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fate/Zero episode 4: Bring on the fighting!

XO Today has felt like another productive day. I know you can’t tell by looking at my blog but things got DONE. I am not so sure about my doctor’s office as it took me 20 minutes to pay a bill but I got a lot done today. And I didn’t scream at anyone. Can we say success anyone?

Part of the successfulness of the day was securing tickets to the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween event. So one night I will be screaming my head off and the next I will be going WEEE Mickey. Because I said so. It’s my birthday month.

Photobucket

Bring it on hottie!!!

But I should make an effort to catch up on blogging since I will be out of town for TWO WHOLE DAYS! How will I survive without the internet? XD Up now is Fate/Zero episode 4. Spoilers for fighting in a big dress.



Photobucket

Behold I have arrived!!!

Episode Summary: Both Lancer and Saber show regret in not being able to announce their names before battle. Yet they look forward to an honorable battle anyway and set to work trying to figure each other out. Kirei and his skank assistant Maiya are busy trying to set up a way to watch the battle and to see if any other Servants are watching. They quickly spot Assassin who you know…is supposed to be dead. Assassins reports to Kirei (and Tokiomi) what is going on. They magically decide that Irisviel is a homunculus. Because they can. Lancer is ordered by his Master to use his Noble Phantasm to finish Saber off. When Lancer discards one weapon for his longer lance Saber figures she will have the upper hand. During the fight she is injured by his weapon and deducts that it has the power to cut through magic. She casts aside her magic armor so she can fight easier. She envisions how she will defeat Lancer but is thrown off when he takes up his second weapon again (revealing who he is based on the full Noble Phantasm). She is injured by the second weapon which cannot be healed by Irisviel. This is due to Lancer being amazing…and his legendary power. At this point in the battle both of their weapons have been revealed and they know who the other is. Saber can no longer use her arm and is surely going to be taken out in the next blow. Waver and Rider have been watching the battle the whole time. Waver is like WOOHOO if they take each other out I can truly win this battle. But Rider is like NOOOO I want to fight everyone because I am the most awesome person ever!!!!! So he rushes down there in his lovely chariot and announces who he is and that it is time to fight! THE END!

That was a lot of fighting. A LOT. X__X This blog post might be short too.

Not that the fight was boring. Just you can only say much about it right? Not dissing the fighting. This show is about a “war” per say so I can’t really say ew so much fighting!

Photobucket

Sorry dude. Don't know you.

I probably need to brush up on my history. Because I still have no idea who Lancer is. Okay he is Diarmuid Ua Duibhne because I just looked it up. What a nice story indeed. But since I am not a Hero that gains all information since the beginning of time I didn’t know who he was. But now I am all like X__X he died because of a boar? Crazy.

Photobucket

Did Saber wear this dress into battle? Because....people must have been slow back then.

But I see the significance in hiding your name. I guess when you are super famous to people who know history it can be easy to guess your super duper power. We can’t be having that right? Ah yes I see your two magic spears have different powers. Powers that cut against my magical armor.

Photobucket

Ah yes. White hair=fake person. Pink hair=magical girl.

I am pretty much amazed that Kirei and Tokiomi are the smartest person on the face of the planet but do really dumb things. Like…..they manage to guess (correctly my little spoiler people) that Irisviel is not human. Because she has red eyes and white hair folks. I guess half the anime characters are creatures made by magic by their logic. So they are able to guess that perfectly but are stupid enough to send out Assassin. OKAY THEN.

Photobucket

Someone needs more sneaky in their life.

I get it. Assassin does make a better spy than Archer. That is his special skill. But I don’t see why they need to risk anything. Send Lancer out to do recon. Stay hidden in the shadows. Bribe him with some shiny mirrors to do so.

Photobucket

He is the kind of man who destroys the entire house, not just merely hide the bodies in the room.

Of course I am only saying that because Emiya is super badass. Like Matt Damon better watch his back. He is going to take you down sniper style. Maybe Kirei and Tokiomi’s plan would have worked if not for Emiya. But since they know Emiya is in this war they are pretty dumb to try and be halfway sneaky.

Photobucket

I can't be taken out so soon. Pay no attention to my messed up arm.

I think I am happy that there was a lot of honor and stuff going on in the battle. Since these are REAL heroes and all. I am sure things will change when Child Murderer takes the stage. But I think it is a comfort to Saber and Lancer that the code they lived by can still be experienced, even if only briefly while they try to kill each other.

And then there were a lot of fighting scenes. YAY FIGHTING. I like the inner thoughts of the Heroes even if it comes out of place as the battle should be taking place too fast for them to think. XD

Photobucket

Obviously the point was for Rider to have the most fun EVER!!

I know I have been making fun of Waver being a bad Master. Well Rider this week I am looking at you. Saber and Lancer are too….noble to make X___X faces but I am sure that is what they were thinking when Rider just rode in and announced who he was. They spent an entire battle chipping away at each other to gain that information and BAM here he is.

Photobucket

Waver supports this plan fully.

Obviously Rider and Waver are special. Very special. But if Rider had not been special Saber would have been killed and we can’t be having that. Although I do wonder how her nonhealing wound is going to turn out.

Photobucket

I wonder how hard it is to draw a battle scene when one of the weapons is invisible.

There we are folks. Spying and fighting and honor oh my! Maybe next week Saber can hightail it out of there so she can live to fight another day. Also Lancer and his sexy voice needs a break. See ya next time!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The battle was ridiculous AWESOME!!!! I have to pause one or two times during the clash between Saber and Lancer, to take a breath. Especially at end when Iskander charge in on his ox chariot! Now I understand why people keep saying his badass. I was WWWWWTF face and speechless (literally) the whole time when he’s doing his introduction. Man, he really does not care about the “not naming yourself rule” does he?!

Out of all the Master and Servant, I think Waver and Rider will have the closest relationship. Some of Rider’s advice will probably shape Waver into a better man in the future.
When Rider said, ” you are in the present of the king.” I was LOL, and thinking yay, there are two kings gathered. No word or words in my dictionary can describer Rider. I heard Alexander’s noble phantasm is EX-class… Is it true?

About Diarmuid Ua Duibhne, due to his charm, his master will have some trouble…..later……

The production quality so far has meet up to my expectation, I wonder if this kind quality can continue through out the eps…hope they will not run out of money to keep the epicness going.

Also, Berserker!!!, looks like my man Kariya will finally appear next week, can’t wait, this is going to be even more epic!!

eternia said...

Seeing this animated feels real good! Furthermore, by capable animation studio.
But it's unmistakably weird; that Tokiomi can figure out that Irisviel is a homunculus just by long distance communication. Why is it white hair equals homunculus?! Kirei hasn't even told him how old she is. What if she's an elderly woman?! There are young people who have white hair too! LOL.

Yup, Alexander's noble phantasm would be super awesome! Because it's not a weapon, but a "Reality Marble". So, what is this... marble?! It's an ultimate projection magic that only few people can do. This magic engulf the caster and his opponent into an artificial world that gives the caster advantage in battle.

In Fate/Stay Night, Shirou and Archer can use "Unlimited Blade Works", which is also a Reality Marble. Of course, it's not present here....

Christina said...

Anonymous- I heard to keep the quality up for this series they broke it up into two separate seasons. Not sure how that is going to help but that is the word on the street.

You are probably very right about Rider. Waver probably had the stupidest reason for joining this war (Ryuu doesn't count as it was an accident) yet he will probably learn the most and be the most emotional when his Servant gets taken out.

Lancer is hot. The end. XD

Eternia- That whole thing about "OH she is not a real person" deal was weird. Like ah yes based on that limited information I can correctly guess how old she is, when she was created, and what her favorite ice cream is.

I wonder if the Masters know about the ultimate magicy thing each Hero can use before they are summoned. Because I would want to research any possible Hero so I could get the best spell. XD