Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fate/Zero episode 2

Just bleh folks. BLEH!

A whole lot of bleh today. The only thing that is going for me this week is my new vacuum cleaner. I am excited about a vacuum cleaner. Of course I need to pay OFF said vacuum cleaner by working and it is hard to work when you are told not to come in. Because in Tenchi Land someone can call me the c-word, threaten to physically harm me, and throw my personal belongings and I am the one told to stay home. I can’t even make up this crazy stuff folks.

Yay vacuum cleaners. And donuts. Of course I just read that I have eaten all my calories and fat percentages today by eating said donuts but they are good folks!

Photobucket

I shall deliver pizzas in this. It shall be wonderful.

Moving on to anime…YAY ANIME! I seem to be behind this season but I guess I haven’t gotten into the rhythm yet. Need to get on a schedule and all will work out. For now we are up to episode 2 on Fate/Zero. Spoilers for kids being tortured!



Photobucket

I learn new things everyday!

Episode Summary: Waver watches as his Servant Rider breaks into a building and steals some books. Rider claims that he is not a thief but a proud conquer King. The books are very important as Rider wants to know what has happened to his land in his absent. Waver reminds him that hey you work for me and you need to do what I say. Waver explains he wants the Grail so the people back at school will respect him. Rider claims that wish weak and that he is going to conquer the world. Rider says he will help and demonstrates his power. But if Waver wants to conquer the world too they would be enemies. Elsewhere is snow and fun land Emiya is walking around with Illyasviel. They are counting chestnuts or something. Saber watches this scene and wonders which version of Emiya is true, the kind parent or the determined person that wants to save the world. Saber also seems concerned that Emiya is disappointed that she is in fact a she. His wife tries explaining that Emiya is more upset that Saber was forced to be King, a role that would not suite a young girl at the time. Saber is like I knew what I was getting into so don’t be concerned. Still she will be with Emiya because she wants to protect the world too.

Photobucket

My eyes forgot what gore scenes look like.

Cut to somewhere in Japan. Well I assume Japan but it could be anywhere since everyone can speak Japanese. We are introduced to a young man named Ryu. His hobby is killing people. He paints symbols on the floor with the blood of his current victims while watching the news of his past crimes. He then terrorizes a boy (probably the son of the couple just killed) who he has tied up. Ryu explains he found books about demons and is going to summon one to eat the kid. Suddenly THE MARK appears on Ryu’s hand and he summons Caster….the grossest Servant ever. Ryu introduces himself as a murderer and offers the boy up as a snack. Caster unties the boy and says freedom is yours. Only when the boy reaches the door Castor kills him in a brutal way. Caster explains that allowing your victim to have hope makes their sorrow greater. Not understanding he is a Master Ryu wants to be with Caster so he can teach him new and exciting ways to kill people. Caster is so happy to have an understanding Master. Finally we are shown what Kirei is doing. He commands his Servant Assassin to break into Tokiomi’s house and kill him. Assassin seems happy to do so and is doing a great job until Archer (Tokiomi’s Servant) kicks his butt all over the place. THE END!

After last week’s super-sized episode this one seems to fly by! I need more time to digest things. Why must it end after 22 short minutes?

Photobucket

Does it even matter if the Servants agree? I can't remember that part.

This week I was able to understand things much clearer. Last week it was like remember everything from Fate/Stay Night, the movies, ect.? No well TOO BAD. This week it was less about the terms and power struggles and more about individuals bonding with their servants.

Photobucket

Err about that.....

Waver seems to be….special. His servant Rider (since that is easier than remembering even more names) doesn’t have any respect for him. Or if he does he isn’t doing a great job showing it. No no Rider has different plans folks. He needs to know how his conquer lands are doing. Not to be a spoiler Rider but not good. NOT GOOD.

Photobucket

That is some wish fail there.

But maybe Waver deserves it. Or this entire system is crazy anyway. These heroes are famous (even if they don’t know it) and these random magicians are summoning them to do their bidding. Now maybe the servant gets a wish too out of the deal. But Waver wants people to acknowledge that they were meanie heads? Yeah if I was a conqueror like Rider I might throw him around too. I hang out with Zeus and his flying demon horses. Get a better wish kid.

Photobucket

Well we were under the impression you were a dude. So we are even.

I thought I was missing an episode when Saber came on screen. She was acting like the summoning happened a while ago. But I guess she is just comfortable with the family. Or still upset that people thought she was a dude and her having a vagina might make her weak or something. I am not sure I am buying Emiya’s reasoning for being upset that Saber is a girl. If memory serves me right (going by Disney of course) if you pulled the sword from the stone you became king. Pretty sure everyone knew that. And in most versions it was a young man who did the pulling. So…..why is it tragic that a young girl had a lot on her shoulders and not a young man? Not seeing the force here and it sounds weird.

Photobucket

Scenes like this almost make me want to like snow. But then I remember I hate it when it is in the 60's. XD

But the scene with him and Illyasviel was cute. Not sure why she isn’t calling him Daddy but I don’t have kids. I don’t understand the weird things they do. No word yet on why he will cause Mommy’s death but this is only episode 2. Give it time.

Photobucket

Sometimes I pretend to be a 6 foot tall basketball player. No one believes me either.

Saber didn’t really have a lot of time this episode. She talked about wanting to protect her country, something she failed to do in the past. I wonder how all these heroes reconcile the fact they are dead and at the mercy of someone else. It must mess with their minds yet all of them seem rather calm about being dead. But good news: Saber thinks Emiya’s plans for saving the world are okay. I was worried there for a second folks.

Photobucket

He seems like a fun guy, killing parents and tying up kids on the weekends.

We were introduced to the last Master this week. And he is mighty special. I am just going to go out on a limb here and say that Ryu (because his name is WAY too long) is a bit unstable. Like a lot unstable. It appears he likes to murder people because it is fun. Just because. No reason. Those are the scariest kinds of people.

Photobucket

Reading about Blue Beard makes me X__X

And he didn’t even know what he was doing. Drawing symbols with his toes (toes). He randomly found a book talking about “demons”. So how does someone like him get chosen in this war? Waver has a lame wish but at least he went out and stole his relic and did his research. This random nobody does not need any more power. Just so random.

Photobucket

I feel as if these two deserve each other....

And of course el crazy summons Caster, the king of crazies. You think maybe he is going to let the kidnapped kid go. Like no no, the kid just watched his parents get murdered and I don’t condone the killing of innocents. Then bam Caster destroys the kid and comments that it is best to kill someone right as their hope turns into despair. Somehow I think these two deserve each other.

Photobucket

A set up or Kireri's true feelings?

Up last is Kirei. Remember last episode when his Daddy (the impartial judge) and Tokiomi forced Kirei to join the War so Kirei could protect Tokiomi? Well it turns out that Kirei was really not down for that plan. His first order of business now that the War has official started is to send his Servant to kill Tokiomi. Oh. There goes that plan.

Photobucket

Probably has a bad attitude...but hot.

As much as I don’t like Tokiomi forcing Kirei into this mess…his Servant Archer is hot. HOT. He can’t die so soon he is hot. Of course Assassin did get his butt kicked rather well when he was trying to break into Tokiomi’s house. Who knows what is really going on though. Maybe this was a plan set up by both the men to cover up the fact that they are working together.

In any event I thought this was a good second episode. Not as confusing, no random jumping around in time, and fewer characters for me to keep track of. It was more personal I guess. I have a feeling that the battles are going to come hard and fast though with only 13 episodes. Will my girl Saber have enough time to shine this time around?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just notice something, in Fate/Zero ep 1, those two circling around him just tell him to aid Tokiomi, they never ONCE tell Kirei that he can also, and has the right, to get the Grail!!!
I wonder does Kirei know this or not !

eternia said...

This anime is a gem amongst pebbles. I really loved the sound track, the voice actors, the story, all of it. It has 2nd part which will be aired on April 2012, so there are 25 episodes in total. Unlike trolling Blood-C, nobody would object on how awesome Fate/Zero is.

@anon - He knows for sure. I don't trust this Kirei guy even a little bit.

This Holy Grail has a will of it's own, Christina, and it's toying with the foolish and selfish humans. It thought "Hey, it would be interesting to have psychopath in this competition as well. And give him a compatible Servant."
Ryunnosuke don't get to choose which Hero's spirit to be summoned. He doesn't even have a relic. Their scene is really cruel and disturbing, but I loved it and watched it over and over.
Maybe I am a psychopath too. >_>

Anonymous said...

OMG I do not know they have a 2nd part, AWESOME! May be the 1st parts are introduction on the characters. The 2nd part is about how the 4th War ed, along with some of the beginning of 5th War, like SPOILER, SPOILER,SPOILER (sorry do not know how to use spoiler tags)
How Sakura summon her Rider, and how she give her command spells away to her brother, etc... End of SPOILER,End of SPOILER,End of SPOILER.
I am curious on how the 4th war affect those kids in Fate/Stay Night.

eternia said...

Yeah, I don't read the VN yet, and I have forgotten FSN anime. But, something horribly wrong must have happened during this 4th war. That's why the 5th war took place in 10 years later, rather than 60 years later.

Christina said...

Anonymous- The whole circling thing was weird. Like two lions licking their lips at the wounded prey. I think Kirei felt pressured to join up but will go after the Grail for himself once things fall into place.

Eternia- Since late comment is LATE yes that is exciting news. XD I was kinda wondering why the series was going to be short but I guess that explains it. Lately a few shows have done this one season now and another season 3 months after the first season. I wonder why that is? Maybe they are being nice to their employees and not working to them to death?

Kirei seems like the kind of person who takes a lot of crap in his life and then SNAPO. See that is more dangerous than a person who is normally crazy. You can't plan for SNAPO.

What would the Grail have to gain by selecting a crazy person? Unless it needs crazy people to make wishes. Wishes give it power and one day the Grail will kill us all!!!!

Also I have forgotten most of Fate/Stay Night as well. XD It wasn't as serious though in my mind. And a certain someone was on screen "twice" as two people. But yeah I am guessing no one "wins".