Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New manga series!!! Gate 7 chapter 1


Photobucket

Once again beautiful artwork. So exciting.

Well the plan was to catch up on CLAMP manga posts today but I was kidnapped. My mom likes to kidnap me often. But since my brother left for boot camp today ( XD XD XD) I decided I would allow myself to be kidnapped and spend money that I don’t have. Shopping heals all wounds.

But anyway let me see if I can continue to my catch bloggingness. Of course it I hard to blog to the constant sounds of gun fire and my husband cussing at the computer. Yay for Christmas presents.

Next on the list is the new manga from CLAMP Gate 7. Because apparently we can’t be making people happy by finishing X/1999 and Legal Drug.


I would like to first start off with the fact that CLAMP likes to gender confuse everyone. Like we got Kohaku who may or may not be a boy and we got some girlish looking dudes running all over the place. Like step aside Watanuki because Takamoto has taken over for small main dude in a manga series. I was like aw what a cute hair cut on that girl but NO. No folks.

Photobucket

Yes. Totally a boy people. How could I have been so confused?!

Of course we could always find out that Takamoto is a girl because that is how CLAMP rolls. But the name and one of the dudes saying he doesn’t have a girlfriend…He is just a really feminine looking dude that buys his clothes from the junior section. Oh and has a purse. But it isn’t confusing at all.

So our story starts off with our HERO Takamoto being excited about his first trip to Kyoto. Which surprises me as every anime shows middle school/high school kids going either to Kyoko or Hokkaido. Obviously I have been LIED TO since this native Japanese person has never gone. LIED TO.

Photobucket

I am going to Kyoto too Takamoto! We can be excited together!!!

Anyway so Takamoto is happy to look at old stuff in Kyoto because apparently there are no temples and shrines in Tokyo. He is super excited and wants to go to Kyoto for college. He has fun taking pictures of stuff. In a way he reminds me of me as I love taking pictures, especially of old stuff. But I wear girl jackets and have a purse and I am a chick.

Photobucket

Can I visit this place too?

So after talking some big words about how excited he Takamoto decides it is time to pray to the scholarship gods. But before that can happen he steps into a lake and doesn’t drown. Like oh hi I am on a lake. Something magical, in my CLAMP? I am shocked people. Shocked.

Photobucket

Let's not be stabbing me okay?

Takamoto is then surrounded by three people. It is deducted later there are two men and a girl. They argue about why Takamoto was able to get in…wherever they are and how someone must be slacking. The small girl then starts attacking weird monster like things that are near Takamoto. Takamoto freaks out because it looks like she is trying to attack him.

Photobucket

Time for fighting ya'll.

CLAMP is big on their fighting and spell pages so that goes on for quite a while. One of the men makes weapons out of nothing and the girl really does most of the butt kicking. Takamoto generally stands around and acts confused. Which is how the readers feel too. Takamoto finally passes out. Me I probably would have passed out the minute I was standing on the lake.

Photobucket

A boy people. A BOY!

Takamoto wakes up looking even more girly with the young lady all sleeping on him. Takamoto continues to freak out as the men invite him to eat and everyone is just chillin. Because this is totally normal behavior. Did I mention that Takamoto looks like a girl despite CLAMP’s attempt to make his adam’s apple as obvious as possible?

Photobucket

I understand this all.

And then the terms start getting all confusing. Thanks for X/1999 I know what Kekkai means. SHIELD ya’ll. But I had to look up Hanamchi. Which means something about theater. The men later say that Takamoto is confusing the characters so I am sure it will be explained what it really is later. Another term used is Shichiken. Okay I lied. So none of this makes sense. But I am sure it will later. For now the men and little girl are talking to Takamoto and he is super confused. Which is how the reader feels too. XD

Throughout the conversation Takamoto is like um yeah and acting scared of the little girl. Who was acting creepy. One of them, the one with short looking hair, quickly interagates Takamoto and realizes he is not a threat. The long hair dude restrains Takamoto and they proceed to erase Takamoto’s memories. I probably would have done that outside so Takamoto could wake up outside and go along with life.

Photobucket

Um yes. I am understanding this...

Only the erasing of the memories doesn’t take. Upon seeing that the little girl runs outside with Takamoto. She introduces herself as Hana and gets all glowly. And a very confused Takamoto gets a kiss from someone who looks about 10. He then passes out as Hana says something and Takamoto leaves us with the words three months later. Nooooooooo!

Photobucket

CLAMP? Confusing? Never!!

X_X Well that was slightly confusing. I am sure the second chapter will make a lot more sense. That is how manga/anime goes. Got to get the viewer interested and hooked so they will come back find out the answers.

Since this is CLAMP I automatically love it. But if we are putting that aside it was a very interesting story. Hopefully not too much like XXXholic because I can only take so much talking and learning. But we shall see how Takamoto and his special attire handles this situation. It might be refreshing to see some spazzing since Watanuki has mellowed out.

So CLAMP fans…YAY for us. X_X But does that mean Kobato will be released even later now? XO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome. Is there a good place online or as an app to read these on an iPad? I'm a-gettin one and I needs my manga!

Christina said...

Anonymous- This is the website I go to read the manga online.

http://failmanga.wordpress.com/

And since I am behind on the technological times I don't know about the app. But hopefully that helps.

Anonymous said...

Thanks -- I'll check it out.