Monday, December 27, 2010

Togainu no Chi episode 12 FINAL EPISODE

Three blog posts in two days? Did I get my motivation back? I am slowing catching up on all my anime and reality TV shows. GO ME.

Photobucket

Enjoy this scene, it might be the only "yaoi" you get.

Another show is ending folks. This time it is the “yaoi” show Togainu no Chi series. Will this show end in failure or will it be redeemed at the last second? Let’s find out!!!!

Spoilers for nipples and blood being censored from sensitive eyes.



Photobucket

Your life official sucks. Sorry.

Episode Summary: Shiki and Nicole are fighting on the roof. The battle is slightly more even this time as Shiki is all crazy with Line. Nicole gets cut up a little and flung off a roof. But he shows no emotion as Shiki shows how awesome he is. Akira is still holding Keisuke’s dead body and being all distraught. Rin makes it to the church but is upset to learn that Keisuke and Akira aren’t there. He runs off to go find Akira. It is not clear what happens to Nicole since everything is all blurry. But Akira picks up his knife and starts fighting Shiki. Before Akira can get his ass probably kicked Rin shows up to protect him. Rin tries to convince Akira that dead Keisuke would want him to live. But when it is clear Akira isn’t running away Rin helps fight instead. There is a little bit of battling and the boys manage to do some damage to Shiki but Rin still gets stabbed (IN THE LEG in case it wasn’t hard to see). Then all the different factions start bombing the area. Shiki is safe because he glows now and Nicole showed up to rescue Akira and Rin. Rin tries to be all dramatic and says LEAVE ME BEHIND but Akira helps him walk anyway. Nicole leads them away from danger and Akira tries to convince Nicole that he can have a life. But Nicole chooses to stay behind and take care of the military so Akira and Rin can escape with Motomi. Oh and the Executioners and their boss are still alive.

Photobucket

Akira is so deep.

It starts to snow and Nicole talks about how it is washing away the sin and the pain and the colors. After the credits Akira is shown being a maintenance worker or something. He doesn’t seem very happy with his life. He goes to visit Rin in the hospital who apparently can’t walk despite the fact he WALKED out of CrazyLand. He tells Akira that he has to come visit him again or he will be a promise breaker. Akira agrees and goes outside. Motomi drives up and informs Akira that new Line has broken out in CrazyLand and threatens to spill into their town. Akira puts his jacket back on and carries his new sword with Keisuke’s tags on it. He talks for about an hour about how he knows that life matters now and blah blah. He meets up with Shiki who is passing out Line like party favors and vows to take him down. The last scene is of them facing off like in the opening credits and THE END!!!

Mog people.

What the hell did I just watch?

Also sorry for not catching up on the last episode comments yet. I was afraid some of you would be SPOILER FACES so I was waiting. XD So sorry and suchies.

But ya’ll. Ya’ll. Do you know how we have been talking about how some days the episodes look like the A-team dream them and others it was like the C-team. I am pretty sure this episode was drawn by interns or something. Like all the regular artists went home for vacation and the producers were like OH SNAP there is another episode. That is how bad everything looked.

Photobucket

Oh yeah. I can totally see what is going on here....

Or maybe the art was amazing. I really couldn’t tell as I COULDN’T SEE ANYTHING!!!! It was like watching the animated version of the new Halloween. Darkness and shadows everywhere. How enjoyable is it to watch something in pitch black? And the darkness wasn’t even for the parts that were CENSORED. Because a show about blood and guts should be censored duh. But the normal parts were covered in darkness too making it hard to see what the hell was going on.

Photobucket

WHAT A LOVELY BUILDING!!!!!

But besides the crappy art and darkness we had something ELSE to deal with. The scenes kept jumping around. Oh Nicole and Shiki are fighting? Let’s show some building tops instead. Akira and Shiki are trying to kill each other? Time to show a staircase and the sky. Like WTF is this?! How about we actually watch the show and the battle. I DON’T WANT TO SEE THE LANDSCAPE.

So needless to say this episode was not stealer in regards to art or how it played out. It was hard to watch and follow what was going on. Like I wasn’t sure if Rin got stabbed in the leg, stomach, or penis people. These are some important things to know, what is going ON and all. So disappointed already.

Photobucket

Oh yes. Such an amazing battle...

Since it was hard to see what was going on it is hard to judge Shiki and Nicole’s epic battle. I mean I thought Shiki had KILLED Nicole what with Nicole smiling like a fool and all the blood. But then Nicole was back saving people and being all ghost sparkly. I am not sure why Shiki was talking such trash. He used Nicole’s blood to become his EQUAL, not to surpass him. So yeah that was…special of him.

Photobucket

I GOT TO LIVE WOOHOO!!!!

But Rin lived ya’ll! XO I was pleasantly surprised. The second he showed up to protect Akira I was like game over folks. He is going to die and Keisuke and him are going to be intertwined on the ground. Akira was going to lose his mind and overpower Akira in his grief. But nopers. Rin was just stabbed in the leg (why was he being such a baby then!??!?!) and gets to live in the outside.

Photobucket

Please don't leave me and my new hair!!!

Which..I don’t know will make Rin happy. He wanted to get revenge for his boyfriend and friends and he never did. He didn’t get acceptance from his brother. However he did want Akira to run away instead of getting his revenge so maybe that shows Rin has had some growth? I don’t know. Maybe he will be okay not fighting for his life but I am sure part of him still wants to kill Shiki.

Photobucket

Exactly. XD

I think it is lame that we never got to see what happened to Arbitro and the Executioners. Like wtf folks are they still alive and supporting Shiki and his piles of dead bodies? I think after all those three (four if we count the “dog) put people through we deserve to see what happens to them. Yeah bitch.

Photobucket

He has to do EVERYTHING folks. Everything!

Nicole was overusing his words and trying to be all magical to the very end. Dramatic is his life. Will he ever get to smile? Will he escape being a weapon? Will he find a new shirt so his nipple isn’t all showing? It will be hard to tell as Shiki was only there smashing people up and we didn’t see Nicole. But I guess it is safe to say he isn’t happy if he is alive. But good job Nicole creating another killing machine. That made a lot of sense.

Speaking of nipple….poor Akira. I wonder if he felt left out. Nicole has been flashing his, Rin was showing his after getting stabbed in his leg, and then Motomi had to tear half his shirt off to give Rin a tiny strip. Nipples everywhere folks! XD

I do think that Shiki either cared about Rin/Akira or really thought they weren’t killing. Which makes no sense because he could kill random strangers that he thought were weak, why not kill people he thought were trash. I don’t know, maybe he was worried about being bored in the future and needed people to play around with. Or maybe the Line messed with his head.

Photobucket

Wai my life sucks woe is me.

Akira being unhappy on the outside makes me roll my eyes. Your friend wanted you to live and carry on. Being all regretful isn’t living in the moment. But if he goes back to focus on killing Shiki and making sure Line is never spread again that is okay.

Photobucket

I am surprised that the jacket isn't in 1284765 pieces by now.

But that isn’t the case. See Akira is going back to Crazyland because after 5 minutes of talking he knows what death and life really means. And since he knows what that means…he is going to go fight someone who glows. Because that is how I value my life, by fighting a psycho. But if he is going for revenge or to stop Line that makes sense.

Overall….I am disappointed in this show. Probably not as disappointed as people who played the game and had higher expectations but still disappointed. The art was always a bummer for me. We never got to see any gore. Keisuke dying meant nothing. Hell going to CrazyLand was useless since the groups just busted in there without Akira accomplishing anything. And Akira and Shiki’s fate are unknown. Nothing got resolved and we got no yaoi AT ALL.

Photobucket

Anyone still cheering for this pairing?

However…I am happy that people had fun commenting on my blog and us all complaining how terrible things were. If anything that is what made the show worthwhile. But us yaoi fans got more romance with Luka and Yuki holding hands than this entire show. Disappointed yaoi fan signing out.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This series was total failure suck. I read on a forum that they slapped this episode together in just a few days. They re-used stills from eps 1-12 to make it.

The biggest failure of this series was trying to make it appeal to a broad audience but doing a truly half assed and confusing job of telling of the story.

Also, taking a fan favorite character (Shiki) and making him 90% Out-of-Character was quite suck as well.

I think there was 1 and only 1 episode that was well done from start to finish, and that was episode 4. I will keep that one on my HD and pretend the rest never existed. ::hangs head in sadness::

Anonymous said...

On what site do you watch your anime?
I watch it in gogoanime because it doesn't leave out the gore and all that stuff ( well up to this point I think it doesn't), so if all the censoring bothers you too much you might want to consider it :)

Jiani [贾尼] said...

And the disappoint rolls around even more. EPIC FAIL. They should have either stuck with the yaoi fans or just make it without yaoi and have a real point...or someone needs to go back to the drawing board. They did a horrible job at trying to satisfy a broad audience. I think that they should have made people sexily bad like hell and add in some sexual innuendos for the yaoi fans but still have a damn plot for the whole thing.

I still don't understand the point to the show at all. To dye the world in different colors? Uh...did they ever tell us what color the world was dyed in except rose aka crimson? And did anyone notice that the moon and sky was almost like always magenta and redish whenever they really wanted to play look at the sky? I guess dying the world in rose was really obvious since I drew that up from seeing the color of the moon and the lyrics for Rose Hip-Bullet. Or did it get dyed white from the snow since Nicole was running on about how the snow covered up what happened and whatever? Then the blue flames almost made me think that the world was dyed in blue. Almost. But then came the end and the song lyrics at the top of the screen and I'm like...so it did get dyed in crimson.

Jiani [贾尼] said...

Let's see, did anyone notice that the ending song always changed?

And for this week, we had an EPIC no opening theme and an episode that ended faster than I don't know what then the opening theme at the very end to add in the epic fact that the world was dyed in rose in all its MAGENTA glory. Now the only thing that I'm going to remember this anime for is the fact that Akira got his ass kicked 24/7, Nicole was sexy, they LOVED their buildings, and they had and awesome opening theme song that I now listen to everyday since I learned its name.

Censored violence ftw! What a bitch that is. And let's not forget about the dramatic blood showers.

And I swear that Nicole's neck was bleeding!! Here's the screenie to that: http://tinypic.com/m/dxe13o/2

I was wondering where that blood went and with all the dramatic blood showers and stuff where did all of the blood go here?
http://tinypic.com/m/dxe1hz/2

I think Rin's hair was pretty but then I wasn't sure if that was Rin or some random chick in the show. and did anyone notice that Rin's shirt sleeve went missing then appeared later?

Sleeveless Rin-> http://tinypic.com/m/dxe1si/2

Sleeves and Rin-> http://tinypic.com/2mpks5d5

So that's what became of my intense watching of this episode. A lot of things that I didn't want to notice.

I have one question that keeps bugging me about this whole thing! If Nicole has cool kick ass powers why doesn't Akira have any as Null Nicole? What? Did they experiment on Akira and just give him antidote blood? Wtf is that about?

Hm, flashback Nicole is ugly and kind of sickly looking. Oh, akira! You must be missing all of the nipple goodness. Look at all those nipples going around! You still haven't joined the fun!

And EVERYONE had a lesson to teach this episode. Woohoo! I think everyone developed a sense of SELF or something because they all wanted to teach us a lesson. Death, snow, life, pain, yea, I understand the tragedy in this episode for real. >_>"

Akira went badassish and got himself a katana! Do you really think that it's going to make a difference? He needs to go Blood + style and put his blood on the sword so that IN CASE he cuts Shiki the guy will choke up and die.

And you know what, from episode 10 I have this thought in mind after watching last week. Akira, I guess, has 100% Null Nicole or Line whatever. Keisuke took 50% Line. Why didn't Keisuke die from episode 10 again? I'm not understanding that.

So...in the end...I guess Nicole got a life from what he was talking about and Akira got stupider and went back to fight Shiki then they dyed the world rose?

I had such high expectations from this but got bubcus in the end. I will now mourn for the wasted 12 weeks of my life. This makes Luka sleeping on Yuki look like the greatest thing that I've watched in those 24 weeks of Uraboku.

I'll agree with that 7/10. Maybe when I start to drink a bit I'll watch this again just to see if the people making it were drunk during production time.

Anonymous said...

I'm half way thru your review but i had to stop and post this thought b/c i couldn't stop laughing when i saw your screenie of Rin. B/c he looked so bad!!!! I remember thinking that when I watched, that's too bad, i guess Rin will grow out of his cute phase. But your screenie!!! with the tall hair and everything. i'm thinking that he's starting to look like Sloth from Goonies the way they drew him at 16 or whatever...

On to the reading...

Anonymous said...

No offense meant to Sloth...

Can you believe my word verification is "rowdy"?

Anonymous said...

Christina you silly lady! How can you say there was no yaoi? The writers character-raped Shiki EVERY WEEK!!!!

Anonymous said...

@Phane, how about why is the moon full every night? Is that cuz every night in Toshima is magical? Must be.

Oh, I checked gogoanime and it was censored unless there's some separate secret parallel link that takes you to the good stuff. I like how they couldn't show the puncture-wounding of Rin's leg. Maybe Shiki's sword was rusty and Rin didn't have a tentanus shot, hence hospital time.

I was sad b/c at least everyone finally got a shower and a change of clothes, and then Akira's like, let me put on the same clothes again and go back to where we started this festival of lame. Because he learned a lesson folks. That's why he's doing the same thing over again. BUT WITH PURPOSE!

Oh, and Arbitro's formerly not crazy hair went back to being crazy. So he also learned nothing.

Anonymous said...

"Will this show end in failure or will it be redeemed at the last second?"

A: FAIL.

Jiani [贾尼] said...

@Anonymous: Good point. I was wondering about that one. Why is it always a full moon?

Hmm, must be to make Shiki's eyes look prettier to some degree or something.

Anonymous said...

you never fail to brighten up a crappy episode. thank you xP

- passerby

Anonymous said...

I really really wanted Shiki and Akira to be together Dx
why the fuck is this supposed to be the final episode!?
how come they can't make another O_o
Seriously! WTF is wrong with them!!!!!!!!! DX
I mean shit, at least make Shiki kidnapp or kiss Akira damn it xP
Cock faces!!!!! >:(

Anicsi said...

Hahahaah xDDD Oh gosh, I enjoyed reading your post. I only got to episode 6, being kinda disappointed about how there was no ShikixAkira in it at all. I kept thinking: oh maybe it'll get better.

Just now a friend said she finished and was all ranting about how bad it was and NOT TO WATCH IT since it's a waste of lifesouce basically LOL So I decided to look for a summary. You gave a me a good laugh, thanks xD Looks like I really won't miss anything.

Oh and LOL at this:
'But us yaoi fans got more romance with Luka and Yuki holding hands than this entire show. Disappointed yaoi fan signing out.'

Hell yeah, why can't they make a GOOD yaoi Anime for once, i mean where yaoi actually remains yaoi, as in the novel or manga? With GOOD art, GOOD plot and GOOD character development? Beats me.

Onto 2011 and lets pray for it!

Christina said...

HELLO EVERYONE!

Yes I fail to comment back in a timely manner. But all your wonderful comments have been read and I agree with everyone.

This had the potential to be awesome. Or at the very least a show different than the guy gets girl romances that take up most of the plot lines. Instead we got Akira getting his ass kicked every single week and the main pairing NEVER getting any romance together.

That and the spider eyelashes I could never get used to. Just...just no. If i wasn't getting hot boy on boy action I wanted some blood and guts. But all we got were dark shadows.

But here we all are, bonding over this special, SPECIAL show. Maybe 2011 will churn out a yaoi show with some actual yaoi. I mean of course we aren't going to get any bedroom action but please someone give us on screen kisses or something!

Dream on fellow yaoi lovers.

P.S. Grown up Rin (aka like 5 days later Rin) was scary looking. :( Do not want.

Anonymous said...

Christina,

Do not want indeed! And is there any yaoi in 2011?

These guys just took a property that already had the character design, atmosphere, music, voice actors etc. since *it was a game* and yet they still couldn't make a show that didn't suck. And the way they vindictively went after every TNC post on youtube just shows they were only after profit! and didn't give a damn about the fans. :(

Christina said...

Anonymous- I feel bad for any fans who didn't see the youtube clips before they got taken down. I mean....they are great for...um..RESEARCH? XD No just the few clips that the youtube videos had were better than the whole 12 episodes we got with this.

They basically had everything laid out for them and they still couldn't put out a decent anime. Such failure. We need to pray that there is a least some yaoi pairing we can cheer for in 2011.

Jiani [贾尼] said...

@Anonymous: Oh yea. Definitely some yaoi anime for 2011!!! First of all, OVA 2 of Sex Pistols and the remake of Ai no Kusabi. Everything else is a giant question mark and surprise. I know Sex Pistols OVA 2 and Ai no Kusabi production was delayed until this year so let's hope for something great!

After rewatching Togainu no Chi, I have just realized that the best Shiki may have EVER looked in this anime was in episode 4! And they changed the ending theme for EVERY episode so you could never sing along if you wanted to.

In light of this anime's failure I guess there were some good points like the buildings and colors discussions. XD

Still wondering why Akira didn't have some kickass powers too but you know what, he can be like Saya and put blood on the kanata then say "Take that Shiki! I just bought myself a kanata and I'm ready to fight your character-raped ass! Why? Because I got more screen time than you!"

I can only imagine how the manga is going to end.... -shakes head-

Jiani [贾尼] said...

Another yaoi anime for this year is Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi! The series won't be out until sometime during April.