Friday, December 3, 2010

November 2010 Movies

X_X In all the excitement of booking our tickets to Japan and in all the anger that is my job I completely forgot about my monthly movie post. Woe is me.

Not that this post is magical or anything. I guess I didn't view many movies last month. I don't see this month being any different either. Pity as the first 10 posts were pretty decent. But you work with what you have yes?

Also Sci-Fi has been letting down lately. :( Bring on the awesomely bad movies please.

Movies included in this post are:

The Messengers Two: The Scarecrow

Killers

Toy Story 3


The Messengers Two: The Scarecrow


I am going to start off by saying I missed the first 30 minutes of this movie. The one Saturday I don’t get out of work on time and it is the one weekend in November that someone AWESOME came on. I am a failure.

I am also a failure because I am typing up this review like 21 days after watching the movie. Good job Tenchi for keeping up on all this stuff. Save me Wiki, you are my only hope.

So since I missed the first 30 minutes I thought that is why I didn’t understand why what was going on later in regards to the little girl. But according to the internets and other people the little girl is never explained. Like…it was another sub plot that never got proper explanation. Can we assume that she is the daughter of the dead people? But why would she want everyone to suffer the same fate as her? HMHMHMMH!

This movie was on Sci-Fi thus we didn’t get to see the nudity. But if we had been able to view it I think the men would have been happy. Like oh hi strange man I will take a naked shower in your field. LOVELY.

I think evil charms should come with a warning. Like oh look this scarecrow makes my crops grow up everyone around me is dying. I don’t really fault the farmer dude and think his wife should have been a little more forgiving at some parts. He was trying to put food on the table ya’ll.

And if my former friend ended up shower my field with his cash, wallet, and blood you bet I would be picking up all that cash. It’s raining gold people!

Killing the scarecrow was pretty dumb. Like OKAY FAMILY thank you for finally coming to save me. Now tear that crazy thing apart. Yeah now this movie is coming back to me people and it wasn’t very good. Or very bad in a good way. SADNESS!



Killers


I usually don’t watch comedy movies and I don’t know why. But my host has Netflix so we watch what she gets folks. Plus I don’t think they are the bad horror movie kinda family. XD

But I am not sure how this was a comedy. Like 10 people died for no reason. All over a postcard and misunderstanding. Like haha people I thought were my friends for the past 3 years are really sleeper agents out to get me. SO FUNNY! HAHAHAHA!

But no really. Was someone doing a voice over Ashton Kutcher? For half the movie it was like someone else was talking for him. It was super, super weird.

This movie taught me that in the midst of people trying to kill me I can still be pissed at the only person that can protect me. Because that makes sense people. IT MAKES SENSE OKAY! Like no no I am SO MAD AT YOU I am going to walk away from you into a hail of bullets. Don’t get me wrong, I would be pissed too if my husband was a former killer. But I would depend on him to keep me safe for at least the day.

The mother…oh the mother. Not really talking about the drunkie drunk part. I am talking about the part that Home Alone came out a million years ago and everyone is getting old. Including me. Just sadness fills my heart.

But yeah this movie wasn’t…great. Wasn’t bad but wasn’t great. A little too much real stuff was happening for everyone to be happy and acting like all was okay at the end. Like it wasn’t like they were killing strangers, they were murdering
friends. AND THE DAD DID IT. Just…this movie was weird.



Toy Story 3


WHERE IS MY CHILDHOOD! Seriously folks after this movie was over we checked to see when the first one came out since it didn’t seem like that long ago. 15 years people. 15 YEARS AGO!!!! I AM SO OLD.

But putting that aside…I think this movie might have been confusing to younger viewers. There was a lot going on in this movie. Andy is moving, oh snap the trash, OH SNAP a day care, OH SNAP SNAP Woody is at some strange girl’s house, and OH SNAP SNAP SNAP everyone is at a junk yard. Yeah a lot was going on in this movie so I don’t know how well little people were able to follow this.

But this movie wasn’t made for little people okay. It was made of us people in our 20’s OKAY. So bounce toddlers, BOUNCE!

It was a bit sad not seeing some familiar faces. Like poor Woody, his girlfriend is all gone. And the Etch A Sketch has hit the road. I mean it made the movie more believable, that as the years go by Andy parts with the more “baby” like of his toys and only holds on to the ones that were important. But being a sold toy must have been sad. Because toys have feelings ya’ll.


Lotso was an interesting character. I know there were evil toys in the second movie (or were there….?) but this one seemed very villainous. I mean at the end where he was supposed to learn his lesson and love everyone….HE TRIED TO MELT THEM! You can’t get much more evil than that. And his story was rather sad but not let me be a villain sad. The parents were the one who didn’t drive back to get the forgotten toys. The parents are the ones who bought the replacement. And he made two other toys suffer because he didn’t want to be alone. EVIL TOY THERE!
Spanish Buzz was awesome, that is all.

Someone I know (just know folks, not friends with) complained about this movie when it first came out because Ken was “too gay”. I did a lot of side eyeing when they were complaining then and I am doing a lot of side eyeing now. I guess I would call him more metrosexual than anything else. But not everyone straight man likes to smash beer bottles on his head and watch FOOOOTBALL. Some straight guys are into clothes and fashion. Of course there is nothing wrong with Ken being gay but since he got together with Barbie in the end he was at least bi. Talking about the sexuality of a plastic toy is wrong. But yeah, not really seeing the GAY Ken there.

I really thought it was sweet when the toys accepted their fate and were going to die together. I mean yeah fight to the bitter end but I think since they were divided part of the movie it was nice that they came together so they could melt together. I am sensitive like that.

But the ending people….the ending. Might have been a tear in my eye. Given the fact that I am a pack rat I have a lot of my old stuff still. But I felt for Andy. He was already doing something amazing by giving away 90 percent of his childhood. I wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to hang on to a tiny, tiny piece of his happiness as a child. And given the fact that he doesn’t KNOW the toys are alive he doesn’t know parting them would be a sad thing. I mean I guess it was a good lesson in letting go and being happy with the memories you do have. But at the same time you don’t turn 18 and BAM time to get rid of everything. SADNESS FOLKS!

So all in all this was a cute little movie. Makes me a little sad for obvious reasons and lot was going on in terms of plot. But I think it stayed pretty true to the series and is a circle for Andy and the toys. That and I am scared of daycares even more now.

But I will never like Jessie. NEVER!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! Someone else who shares my hatred of Jessie! I was so sad when Bo-Peep left and I felt like it was Jessie's fault. I don't know why, probably becuase I'm crazy. (Maybe Jessie wanted to be the main girl) So sad. :(

Christina said...

livedreamshine- Sorry for the SUPER late comment but yes. Jessie has ALWAYS been annoying. Buzz comes around and gets a love interest while Woody's girl gets sold at a garage sale?! Like hello why couldn't Bo-Peep be across the hall in the little sister's room? Just wrong.

But yeah Jessie was really annoying in the second movie. I am glad her scenes were cut down in the third movie. Made the movie bearable.