Monday, December 6, 2010

Togainu no Chi episode 9

Look at me getting up and blogging before work. Of course Christmas presents have yet to be wrapped. Not that I bought many to begin with….X_X. And really all I am thinking about is eating gingerbread cookies. Not making them obviously but eating them. XD

But yes time for blogging. And maybe brushing my cats as it is not snowing here but raining cat hair. Goober cats.

Photobucket

Akira is an angel! XO

Spoilers for Akira getting his ass kicked again. I bet you weren’t expecting that!!!!



Photobucket

Here Keisuke Keisuke....

Episode Summary: Akira and Keisuke do their dramatic meeting up I wanted to meet you jazz. Keisuke then calls Akira selfish, throws around some tags, and declares that he wants to see Akira’s dying face. Lovely. Akira keeps trying to tell Keisuke he didn’t mean to take advantage of their relationship and that he never thought of Keisuke as a burden. All he wanted from Keisuke was Keisuke and he never wanted Keisuke to take drugs or become stronger for him. Keisuke is all like no you really thought of me as a dog as you could kick around and proceeds to try to kill Akira. Akira isn’t looking too great in the fight but he keeps trying to use his words to get to Keisuke. It may be working as Keisuke gets more agitated like he doesn’t want to listen to Akira. Finally Akira loses his knife and gets cut really bad. Keisuke gets the blood in his mouth and ends up the floor in pain.

Photobucket

Who needs rules anyway!!!

Akira starts crying as he thinks Keisuke is dead. The viewers are then shown pieces of Akira and Keisuke’s pasts. That they were adopted by families but Akira’s wanted to raise him to be a killer. Keisuke tried to stay close to him and support him as Akira left his family life. As Akira is all crying Keisuke starts moving. Akira takes him to an apartment where Keisuke goes through a massive drug withdrawal. Akira gets punched a little in the face but helps Keisuke through the night. Keisuke wakes up like his normal self and is remorseful for what he has done. Akira is just happy that Keisuke is alive and tries to take Keisuke to see Motomi. Only a drenched Rin comes in demanding their tags. X_X After Keisuke is taken hostage Akira gives up his fake Jack tag. Rin looks all crazy as he runs off. Keisuke says he will make it to Motomi’s by himself so Akira can go help Rin. Rin has turned in his fake tags and nothing is said about it. Instead he is taken to the fighting thing so he can fight Shiki. WOOHOO!!! The end!!!

MOG PEOPLE! X_X Keisuke didn’t die!

I mean there are still a few episodes left and by the time this show is over everyone could be dead in a giant pool of blood. But for now Keisuke is alive. And I am shocked people. SHOCKED!

Photobucket

Oh shit he's dead?!

No really I am shocked. This isn’t sarcasm or being all this episode sucked land. Especially since there was an entire montage of Keisuke and Akira in the past. That is usually an indication that someone had kicked the bucket. Especially since most of it focused on Keisuke trying to take care of Akira I was sensing that he was really, really dead. That Akira was all thinking about how he took Keisuke for granted and these were his final thoughts as he buried Keisuke in crazy land.

Photobucket

What have I done?!?!?

Then when Akira didn’t die right away I thought surely he had died right away and all the stuff like taking him to the room and trying to nurse him back to health was just a dream in Akira’s head. That this would be a perfect ending for Akira and then BAM we would be taken back to the unfinished building and Keisuke was still dead.

Photobucket

Wait you're alive?!

Okay so then everything turned out to be real and Keisuke managed to survive while anyone else who took Akira’s blood died. Because Keisuke is apparently badass and we didn’t know it. I was then expecting Shiki to silently kill Keisuke after Akira left the room. Which I guess that could still happen. But since Rin has gone to challenge Shiki and all the game killers are there….I don’t think that is going to happen. So yeah people.

Photobucket

Lies more touching!

BUT HE IS ALIVE PEOPLE!!! XO I am shocked! I liked that the animators through in that random screwdriver for game fans. BUT KEISUKE IS ALIVE X_X. This is blowing my mind people. I guess Akira needs a reason to keep on going in this crazy world. So he is alive for now….but it is still shocking.

Photobucket

The one scene that Akira was actually winning.

Moving on from Keisuke being alive…Akira got his ass kicked in this episode. I do think that Akira was getting through to Keisuke but it wasn’t going to be enough to keep him alive. That Keisuke was going to kill him and then cry over his dead body, asking him WHY he made him do it. So had Keisuke not ingested Akira’s blood he would be a splat cake. Akira. What is wrong with you?! Can you beat anyone please?!

Photobucket

Look how happy and normal we were!!!

And even though I thought the whole past montage was just to show how awesome Keisuke was before he died I thought it was important. It showed that Akira had a pretty crappy life and that is why he is the way he is. They were used by the government (of course they don’t know that). They were raised in an orphanage. And then when they were teenagers they were adopted by people with not the best intentions. Akira chose to cut himself off from people while Keisuke chose to glue himself to the only person who cared about him. Everything makes sense now people.

Photobucket

Yep. You''re alive. Amazing.

Although…I think there should have been more time between Keisuke recovering and Rin busting in the door. Like Keisuke you killed a lot of people and tried to kill Akira. I think there should be more remorse or something. I guess Akira is just happy Keisuke isn’t dead so he is trying to focus on the positive. But I foresee Keisuke having more guilt attacks later or dying to protect Akira as a way to make amends. None of which will make Akira happy but I think it will put Keisuke at ease.

Photobucket

Oh you're THAT Rin....

But yeah. Rin was also shocking and stuff in this episode. I didn’t think that Rin would turn on Keisuke and Akira but that was probably dumb thinking. His revenge is more important than people he met like three days ago. So maybe I should have assumed that Rin was going to go crazy one day and get the one tag that he needed from Akira.

Photobucket

GLad to see Keisuke is back to normal being kidnapped and such.

What I do think is dumb is that Rin is so excited about fighting Shiki. Like he has a chance of winning. Like Shiki didn’t get done kicking his ass last episode. So I am not sure what is going to change this time. Like woohoo I have earned the right to have Shiki try to kill me again. How excited Rin must be.

Photobucket

Wtf now?!?! Seriously people.

XO So yeah I liked this episode. But now next episode I am going to worry about Rin making it through. But at least Keisuke is alive right?

Although..I wonder how many people are happy about that. XD

Photobucket

Soak up the yaoi folks.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Keisuke is alive. Probably b/c this show wants to have all of the endings from the game, so really nothing is happening as a result. Keisuke didn't kill Akira and rip out his guts because THAT WAS A DREAM, SEE?, and Keisuke didn't die because THAT WAS JUST A PSYCH-OUT, OK? Now he's better. Meh. I wish this was just on DVD and you could choose your own ending.

I actually think Rin IS going to die if anyone is taking bets b/c someone has to, right? Otherwise what's the point. Then the show would be all dramatic for absolutely no reason.

BTW, I HATE HATE HATE the bad art. If you watch the 2nd half of this episode right after the commercial break, with K and A in the apt., it doesn't even look like people. It looks like the C animation team (are there C teams?) was using tracing paper to trace over bad sketches and it is just making me angry at this point. But I'll keep watching b/c there's like only 3 eps left, which is probably why Rin busted in so soon because we have to get a move on here people! Double meh.

Jiani [贾尼] said...

I'm playing fielder for Rin's death. I predict it because if he's going to go fight Il Re or whatever he just has to die! I don't see it going any other way. If they don't kill someone sort of important soon I'm going to be irritated because I was all over myself when that blood went in Keisuke's mouth. I was cheering for his death but that did not come. Imagine how upset I was when that failed to take place. -_-"

I half-wittedly liked this episode a lot but it still sucked. Major improvement to me over the last three weeks. Meheheh. Horrible Three weeks. You know, at the beginning of the episode I was like, yea...I really wanted to see you too. Sasuke, Naruto...please don't say that crap when you two meet up again. I'd be pissed. They didn't need to say all of that AT ALL!! They could have gone for a dramatic staring moment or something then fight. Words weren't needed for that at all. I mean, it's only been like 4-5 days in TnC time or something but they get to be dramatic since he's been gone for a day or two. You can't miss him that much, Akira, and you know it. Yups, I missed him too after he went crazy. I only missed him for screen time and sexy Line his voice.Now since he's off of Line, he doesn't sound so sexy any more. Sad. Now he sounds like....Keisuke.

So I guess that it's back to Keisuke being a complete pansy or poppy? And Akira will continue to get his butt kicked? He's kind of unbelievable or those guys outside of Toshima are just really weak to the point where Akira is strong...in that case...I guess that in Toshima for all of the Line users he just needs to find some needles and a squirt gun to shoot blood in their mouth then hope like hell that they're not Keisuke who won't die.

And Rin's entrance was so anti-dramatic. But it did make me laugh when Akira held out the tags then he grabbed them and kicked Akira. That was just wrong. XD He's like part monkey!!!

Me thinks they should stop showing that pink part of their eye thing. It makes them look old and sickly. Me also thinks that they should speed things up. Kill someone remotely important already! 'nuf said.

Christina said...

Anonymous- It will seem like this is all for nothing if no one dies in an overly violent show. However since the dude wasn't there talking about colors I was happy. XD

But yeah it isn't looking good for Rin. But maybe we will all be surprised and everyone will die but Akira and he will sit there and cry and cry.

That is how I felt about Sailor Moon half the time. Some of the episodes were so beautiful and then the next ones...it is like the students did the work or something. Just gross.

Phane A- I second Akira with a blood squirt gun. Maybe he will start winning that way or something.

The way that Shiki hasn't had much to do with the plot I could see him being killed and Rin hanging on by a thread. But who knows at this point.

And yes! Their eyelid whatever they keep showing is SO CREEPY. And sometimes their eyelashes look like spiders.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM!!!

Anonymous said...

I was VERY UPSET that Keisuke didn't die. Not out of hate (I don't give a shit about him either way) but because his death was the catalyst for Akira's emotional breakdown. you know the one that leads him to tell Shiki "do whatever you want to me," and they have their incredible sex scenes. IN EVERY VERSION OF THIS SERIES. Even in the manga which barely even has a hint of boy love. Eff this stupid, poorly drawn, badly directed piece of crap anime for leaving that out.

Anonymous said...

Ok. I just watched episode 10 the famous "Akira the princess" scene last two seconds and was done by NANO http://www.ani.me/site_media/media/articles/2010/10/06/nojo_2_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg . **burns with rage**

Years ago that was THE picture that got me into this wonderful story. I just can't believe what a fuck up this anime is. Instead of appealing to the actual fans, who are the only people still suffering through this crap, they made some watered down garbage that a mainstream audience wouldn't watch anyway because it is so poorly animated.

Well, at least the music was good and there was that single good episode where Rin jumped Akira and the animation didn't hurt to watch.

Anonymous said...

Altogether now: lets fly across teh moon slowly, TUXEDO MASK STYLE **YIPPPEE! *

http://i.imgur.com/im96J.png

ಠ_ಠ

Anonymous said...

OMG yr totally right Anonymous abt the Akira/Shiki scene being ... i don't even know the word I want here ... turned into a nano thing. I'm so mad at this dumb show. BTW the art with Rin/Akira in Ep.10 was suddenly *good* and then bam Nano showed up and it went back to dreckitude, like they're flipping off their audience. SPOILER for something no one cares abt in EP 10






Gwen gets shot. Three times. And three little holes appear and then he falls down and at this point I'm like this is the WORST looking show I've ever watched! They should have a screenie contest for most resembling abstract art and not resembling people. When Emma and Gwen are dead on the ground it's like that, yk?

Thnx Anonymii for the links to hotness and lameness respectively.

Christina said...

Anonymous- That is the picture that got me hooked as well! Someone linked it to me and I was like okay time to put this on my list. But I think the people who played the game are the most disappointed as they had higher expectations. :( Still we are sad fans.

Also the Tuxedo Mask move was AWESOME. And by awesome I mean WTF. When the crazy Executioner is confused and thinks something is dumb that is saying a lot.

Anonymous: Spoiler for Episode 10




Gwen getting shot was just so weird. But I guess we should be happy it wasn't censored like every other scene that has blood in it?

Nah it was lame. And I hate the spotty art work. Especially the eye lids and spider eyelashes. :(

Anonymous said...

Haha, wow...so much Keisuke 'love' in these posts :P. It's weird, I guess, because he's the only interesting thing about Togainu no Chi to me. I don't get all of the Shiki love? Unless his route in the visual novel actually consists of him doing something besides looking cool in his Hot Topic getup, randomly slashing people, and threatening Akira.

Christina said...

Anonymous- You mean you are not digging Shiki and his stripper boots? XD Yes apparently he does more in the game and that is where he gets his fan base from. Of course he tortures Akira more in the game so you would think there would be more hate....

But i kinda felt bad for Keisuke. Like in normal harem animes the best friend NEVER gets the guy or girl so I like cheering for the underdog. Just that Keisuke was the only main character who died X__X