Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kobato Drop 22 D

XO Well Merry Christmas to us CLAMP fans indeed. We got three new chapters this week, including the new series Gate 7. Does this mean that CLAMP didn’t have a break for Christmas EVE?! Whatever the case may be…yay for us. XD

I think I will start with Kobato as I think this chapter (well really part of a chapter…) actually was pretty decent. I have given Kobato a hard time before so I figure I give credit where credit is due. Plus Gate 7 has to earn my love and XXXholic drives me crazy.

Spoilers for Kobato still not getting it and Fujimoto acting human. XO Shocking I know.



Photobucket

Well he has 5 life times to become perfect...

The chapter starts off with Kohaku talking to Shuichiro. She uses a word that makes no sense at the time but later in the chapter she is referring to the ability to read people’s hearts. She is sad that while she can read people’s hearts she no longer has wings. I guess I would be sad too because wings make an angel an angel right? But Shuichiro is a real gentleman and is like you are my angel no matter what. Everyone go AWWWW. I do wonder why Kohaku no longer has her wings as her punishment was just to be in Chibi form for 100 years. But Kohaku wraps up their segment with praying for both Kobato forms and what not.

Photobucket

But can she FLY?!?!

Back at the park Ioryogi is like um Kobato has wings coming out of her back, is anyone else seeing that?! But apparently not. Ioryogi realizes that his angel is coming through and using Kobato. Or maybe Kobato is using her. Either way it probably hurts Ioryogi knowing he has caused this. Poor Ioryogi.

Photobucket

Stop looking into my soul!!!!

The wings aren’t the only thing angel like about Kobato. She starts doing the thing that Kohaku was talking about earlier, reading people’s hearts. And she decides to do so on Okiura. She basically says everything everyone already knows. That Okiura is hurting someone intentionally to push them away. That he still cares about this person but is keeping them away so they will be protected. Things like that. I wonder WHO Kobato is talking about.

Photobucket

What a poker face...

Dude Okiura was not appreciating this heart reading. I like how he kept denying what Kobato was saying but his facial expressions were like SHUT UP. You are super cool covering up your true emotions. Tough guy indeed.

Photobucket

Or you could become Fujimoto's important person instead?

Okiura doesn’t allow Kobato to say who she is talking about because it is a secret ya’ll. He grabs her arm and demands to know why she cares so much about him. Kobato says that if she helps Okiura that will help Sayaka which will make Fujimoto happy. And if Fujimoto is happy Kobato is happy. Because CLAMP is all about people being happy even if that person doesn’t love them back. Not sure I could be happy if my husband was happy and I wasn’t involved but you know. I am not a CLAMP heroine.

Photobucket

Err don't be disappearing Kobato!

But Kobato really surprised me. When Okiura is trying to get Kobato to back off by mentioning Fujimoto she showed real insight. Like um no Fujimoto treats me like crap why would he care about me? It surprised me because Kobato is usually lala happy girl. But no she really does notice that Fujimoto treats her poorly and it does hurt her feelings. Kobato needs a hug!

Photobucket

Surely I will prove how much I don't care!!! Surely.

Of course once Kobato says Fujimoto hates her he comes running up to protect her. Because that is how it works in manga land. He tries to look a little intimating and Okiura is smirking up a storm. He says he will be at the nursery tomorrow to be an asshole. Fujimoto lets him leave because he was probably worried about winning a fight or something.

Photobucket

Behold the anger!!!

Then Fujimoto’s attention turns to Kobato. He has many things to yell at her about. First is actually going to see Okiura in the first place. Which I think Kobato deserves to be yelled at. Okiura is a pretty scary dude and Kobato doesn’t know what he is capable of. And technically it isn’t Kobato’s fight to be involved in so yeah Fujimoto had a right to be angry.

Oh and Fujimoto likes Kobato so he is worried she might be killed or something. AWWW.

Photobucket

Um why do I think you hate me.....well it could be you are yelling while asking that question?

So then Fujimoto wants to know why Kobato would say he doesn’t like her and BAM Kobato breaks out the honesty. I am really impressed with how straight forward she is. Well I guess she is always like that but in this chapter it felt more powerful. She was saying things that weren’t kind to hear but being honest. And really Fujimoto…all you do is yell at her. Why would she think you even liked her enough to save her from drowning? So Fujimoto is mad at himself for treating Kobato poorly and her thinking that. Or at least that is why he should be mad.

Photobucket

See Kobato. All that yelling was just foreplay. XD

And then the chapter ends with Fujimoto hugging Kobato so his feelings would actually shine through. And all I can say is AWWW! Aww because it is cute and AW because I have to wait another month to see Kobato’s reaction.

2 comments:

Laveniier said...

May i ask where did you get those scanlation ?
Ive been looking everywhere but cant find ch 21+
mind telling me please ;((

Christina said...

Laveniier- I get the scanlations from this site.

http://failmanga.wordpress.com/

They try to put out the new chapters as soon as possible but Kobato only gets released once a month. :(