Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Japan Trip Mini Update: Under the 6 month mark!

Behold I am alive!!!!

Yeah. The whole I am going to spend my day off catching up on anime didn’t happen. And for once it is NOT my fault. I didn’t spend the day just playing my new game or goofing off. No no I spent 9 hours…shopping. AND I am still alive. Not sure how much of a success shopping was as I spent more of my time showing other people want I want but since I have been collecting Christmas presents all year long I am not like MOG WHAT TO BUY! So yeah I didn’t get any blogging on yesterday. Because I was kidnapped people!

So…why isn’t this an anime episode post? Because I thought I would start off December with a little update on my Japan trip. Just a quick little post since I am excited and all. XD While Christmas might be closer Japan will be here sooner than I realize so yeah. Excitement.


The first thing that has changed are the dates we are going. Nothing too drastic but
we are leaving a day early and coming back a day later. The reasoning being…..

PLANE TICKETS!!!! WOOHOO PEOPLE! Never have we spent 3k so fast on something that is not like a car or a house.

But yes the most expensive purchase of our journey was purchased today. That is why I am kinda excited. Because now it seems more real. Before it was just making plans and dreaming. Now we actually purchased something other than a travel book and what not. We are going to Japan folks!

Also….3k for plane tickets. X_X I am glad we are going for three weeks because we need to get our money’s worth. Hopefully this is not a once in a lifetime trip but it definitely will be a once in a decade trip when tickets are 1.5k a person.

I was ready to rant about our departing flight. When my husband was booking our tickets it said that we had to pay for the FIRST bag. Now that is a given nowadays when you travel inside your own country. But outside? Yeah I thought we got two free and I was like RARW what is going on here?!?!?

But then when I came home my husband was like HAHA that site was being dumb we really get two pieces of luggage on both legs. Because in my mind I was like FINE we will just buy Hello Kitty luggage when we get there and call it a day. Now…I am still thinking about buying Hello Kitty luggage when I get there but I am still going to try to pack really light so we have room to bring back treasures.

In the ticket booking process it was cheaper for us to fly out on the 6th and not the 7th. Of course that cost will be then spent on an extra night at a hotel but SHHH. Don’t tell us that, because that would make sense. I was a bit worried since I was trying to avoid Japan’s holiday week but if this is cheaper let’s go for it!!!
The husband bought a translation book. Because one cannot depend on anime alone to educate you. I am just concerned with one phrase: “Where is the bathroom”. But yeah, the husband knowing the basics will help.

We are starting to finalize plans on what each week will be. We want the first week to be the culture week, taking in temples and the country side and what not. Because Japan is not all about Tokyo. That and we need to make sure I don’t blow all our money before we get to the mecca of anime.

But we still have a lot of planning to do. We know general areas we want to go to but we need more detailed maps. We need to research restaurants and hotels. We need to get our passports taken care of. And of course we need to save more money.

I am happy though. We bought our plane tickets today and it feels real now. XD 5 months and one week to go folks!!!!

Now maybe I can get some anime blogged? Or vacuum. One of the two anyway.

No comments: