Friday, November 5, 2010

Trip to Universal's Islands of Adventure

Hello there from the husband’s computer. For some reason my laptop decided that it no longer wants to work. Or at least Firefox anyway. And since I don’t know what is wrong with it I thought it best to leave it alone until the husband comes back. Which is looking like soon. XD 2 more days. But yeah poor little laptop.

But I want to blog my universal’s Islands of Adventure trip. So I shall endure this crappy keyboard. Not sure what I am going to do in regards to pictures as they will probably look blurry from Facebook. I will think about that when I am done typing.

Photobucket

Time for fun!

So here we go, Tenchi’s awesome mini vacation from work. Otherwise known as Universal’s Island of Adventure day.


To start this off I must say on quick word about my husband. Apparently he is amazing. I had no idea how draining driving can be at times. Which is odd since I am a delivery driver. But yeah when we go on long trips I am not the driver. Or I only drive for small amounts of time. So when my husband comes back he is going to get an extra long hug. I don’t know how he can do it but yeah, driving to an event, going to the event, and then driving back is way exhausting.

Especially when I had to get up at 6am to do this all. X_X I am not a morning person and my definition of too early is 10 am. XD So yeah. But obviously I lived.

Photobucket

Also it sucks to TAKE OFF A LEG FOR A RIDE!

BUT PARKING SUCKS PEOPLE! 15 dollars?! Does Disney even charge that much? Dear lord.

A lot of walking took place today. My pokewalker is very happy. Almost out of the White Lake woohoo! But yes my legs are still super tired. Practice for Japan? Because yeah I need it. Yay for exercise.

I was so happy to hang out with my friend and her boyfriend. Been a few years since I have seen her so I am happy we got to spend some time together. Only wished my husband could have been there too.

I have never been to this particular theme park before. Which probably makes me a bad Floridian or something. So this was a brand new experience for me which is nice. You don’t want to go somewhere with someone who isn’t equally excited about something new. Also lets add the word SOME a few more times to the last sentence.


The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Photobucket

Well hello there piggie! I have one too.

I have never seen the movies. Or read the books.

Are we over from that shock yet? Yeah people. XD So I am not one of those people who are like MOG I NEED TO SEE THE HARRY POTTER STUFF. I know practically nothing about Harry Potter. So if I get things wrong or act weird….well I am weird. XD

Photobucket

Why hello talking hat!

However…..like 99 percent of the people at Universal’s Island of Adventure have seen the Harry Potter movies/read the movies. And 90 percent of those people seemed to be at the theme park ONLY for the Harry Potter stuff. Seriously it was packed all day long. People all over the place. We thought that if we walked there first we beat the crowd but every single person had that idea too. So yeah weirdness.

The longest line all day was the biggest shock to me. It wasn’t for a ride. It was for a store. That’s right folks. The Harry Potter wand experience thingy thing was the longest wait for the entire park. Like a serious line all day. We didn’t go on “that ride” but waited 15 minutes to get into the shop itself. I have never had to wait in line for a shop before at an amusement park. XD So weird.

Photobucket

Such a detailed structure. X_X

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was a fun ride. I rode it twice. The first wait was like 25 minutes and the second was about 10. Outside there was not much too look at but inside there was a lot of interactive stuff to look at while you waited in line. Talking paintings, the characters visiting with you, and Harry Potter small details all over the place.

I am not sure how to describe the ride itself. We were moving but it wasn’t a roller coaster. More like we were being tossed back and forth and sometimes on our back. I am glad it wasn’t 3-D. But it was pretty cool. Of course the building was pretty big which means the ride was pretty long. I really enjoyed it.

Photobucket

This is me waving XD

I did not go on the Dragon Challenge but I walked with my friends to it. And let me tell you the walk itself was a dangerous ride. Nearly pitch black in a cave like setting. People were running into each other and getting lost. X_X So dangerous. But for a roller coaster the wait was only 10 minutes. I guess everyone else was at the WAND EXPERIENCE.

Photobucket

MOG can you guess the name of this place?! XD

We ate at Three Broomsticks. Not sure if that was our cheapest option but hey we were on vacation. I got the cheapest thing on the menu because I am cheap and rather buy treasures. Also CHEAP! MOG PEOPLE. The amount of food I got was unreal. How was I supposed to eat all that?! I wasn’t even starving, just hungry. Wish I had a doggie bag. But yeah if you have 10 dollars this is really worth the money. You can split it with two people so you can afford the ButterBeer stuff.

Photobucket

This will end in tears. Or bloating.


The Lost Continent

Photobucket

So many people...

Yeah…we didn’t do anything here. XD Seriously no one did even though they claim to have the top restaurant out of all the theme parks ever. This area was used as a walkway to get to Harry Potter Land. I kinda felt bad for them. They were like the Epcot of Universal. Only without all the cool things to eat.


Seuss Landing

Photobucket

Couldn't get my pig up there XD

This was actually a pretty cute place. Bet it will look better in a couple of weeks for Christmas. I was actually surprised the minute Halloween was over the Christmas decorations didn’t rain from the sky. But this was definitely the kid area of the park.

Photobucket

All aboard we go!

The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride was okay. Maybe if it had been longer and more true to the story it was referring to I would have liked it more. Or if it went around more of the Seuss part of the theme park. But the cars were super cute.

Photobucket

Around and around we go!!!

The Caro-Seuss-el was fun. I don’t care that it is a kid ride. Although I tried to pick the least ugly thing to ride which ended up being some snotty looking thing. And the music wasn’t as annoying as some carousel rides. XD So I liked it.

Photobucket

He's kinda scary...

The Cat In The Hat was actually a pretty cute ride. It stuck to the storyline of the book rather well. It almost had a Willy Wonka feel to it with the random spinning going on and the bright lights. But it did some rather fast spinning for a kids’ ride. But Thing One and Thing Two are so ugly and scary looking, I don’t know how kids do it. XD


Jurassic Park

Photobucket

Um that is not for nomming.

We actually didn’t do much in this section. My friends had limited time in the park so we didn’t check out the Discovery Area. Which sounds cool by the description. But I think it was more aimed towards kids so no loss there.

Photobucket

Do you dare?!

The Jurassic Park River Adventure was exactly like the Jaws ride at Universal Studios. Just add in a few dinosaurs instead of a shark and it was the same thing. Not thrills but the wait wasn’t too long so I guess I shouldn’t complain. But I think there should have been more dinosaurs and adventure. XD

Toon Lagoon

I am not a fan of old timey cartoons. But I told my mom about this section and she was able to name off characters like THAT. So I was slightly impressed with my mom. XD

Photobucket

Um...no please?

Dudley Do-Right Ripsaw Falls was a bit too much for me. I thought about going on it and stood in line…then chickened out in the end. Because I am hardcore people. But it looked like fun, from what I could see. The tiny kids that were braver than I am looked like they had fun. I wonder how the inside of the ride was….

Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge Rat-Barges was a really fun ride. Usually on a hot day at a theme park the water rides are the longest ones. But nope we only had to wait 5 minutes for the ride. XD Come on people how am I supposed to take pictures of the area if we are racing pass everything?

HOWEVER this ride needs a disclaimer. It really should say “Riders will get soak and possibly drown”. Seriously I have never gotten so wet on a ride in my life. I rode this at 2 pm and when I left at 7 I was still wet. My shoes were wet the next day. In other words this ride was AWESOME. XD In terms of raft water rides this is the best one I have ever been on. Woohoo. XD

Marvel Super Hero Island

Photobucket

Cheaters!!!!!

I only went on one ride in this area but I thought overall it was pretty fun. Spiderman literally ran into me. But I got ma’amed which was :( And the game corner is a cheater! I so had that plushie. But there was a lot of great stuff to take pictures of so I was happy.

Photobucket

I'm here to save the day!

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man was a pretty cool ride. It was like the Harry Potter one but we didn’t go upside down. We were in a car like thing instead of strapped in. But it was the same concept…only with 3-D glasses. BOO!!! But yeah it was a pretty fun ride; I rode it twice in an attempt to get warm. But the Spider-Man with the crazy hair is scary. :(

Souvenir wise I spent very little (because I was planning on going to the Sanrio store nearby hehe). But ya’ll some crazy people for spending so much on Harry Potter stuff. Everything there was so over priced but I saw tons of people with capes and wands. Crazies.

Overall the park was pretty awesome. I thought it closed kinda early but since I rode everything I wanted to I was ready to leave anyway. I felt a little bad for some of the people wearing really dorky outfits for their particular section. The Harry Potter people had the best but were the heaviest so that is that.

So an expensive day of fun but worth it. XD Not sure how my body felt about driving there, spending the day there, and then driving back home but I endured. XD I hope you enjoyed my post and silly pictures. Now time to get some anime watched and blogged! XD

Photobucket

My hat off to you too.

No comments: