Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hakuouki Hekketsuroku episode 3

My husband came home today!!! Everyone smile and feel happy for me. Also about 199 other men and women came home from their trip so yay for their families too.

So with my husband returning and me screaming at the stupid Beldum on pokemon soulsilver I really didn’t get a chance to catch up on anime today. :( Forgive me.

Photobucket

Chizuru is my bodyguard? Surely I shall die.

But I did manage to watch one episode of Hakuouki Hekketsuroku! So spoilers for drama and Chizuru being useless. Also start praying for Saito.



Photobucket

Homeboy is scary looking.

Episode Summary: After the awesome opening of Hijikata riding a pony Harada and his lover are still X_X about the zombie men. Koudou is cackling about how he made the oni even more awesome than before and that is why they can walk around in the light. Shiranui decides to call a truce and then protect Harada and his men as they leave. Amazing. I think I hear wedding bells ya’ll. Chizuru and Kondou are running away from danger when OH HI Kaoru jumps out of nowhere after killing some of their men. Chizuru tells Kondou not kill her friend because that will end well. Kaoru is like um I am not your friend, all of this has been done so I can reveal that I am your brother. SHOCKER! Chizuru looks dumb at the news as Kaoru explains that Koudou is really their Uncle and that their real family was taken out a long time ago and they were raised by different people. Oh and now Kaoru is helping Koudou build a massive zombie oni army so they can take over the world and kill all humans. Kaoru wants Chizuru to go with him since he has been searching for her forever. But Chizuru wants to protect Kondou and that pisses Kaoru off. There is a minor battle because Chizuru sucks. Before Chizuru can go splat Okita and his oni self save the day!!! Okita kicks some major ass until we are reminded life is not fair and he still has tuberculosis.

xPhotobucket

Everyone say AWWWW!

Before Kondou can die protecting Okita Chikage comes out of nowhere and kills Kaoru. X_X Kaoru and Chizuru have a brief goodbye and he dies. Chikage starts stomping off but Chizuru catches up with him. He plans on killing Koudou because his plan sucks. Chizuru wants time to TALK KOUDOU OUT OF THIS PLAN and Chikage agrees. Because everyone is stupid. Everyone makes it back to base (well I think a new base) and we get to see Sannan. Yay Harada and Shinpachi are not too thrilled with the idea of getting new men and training them for battle but others try to tell them not be down. Because that is Chizuru’s job, since her “dad” is evil. Chizuru goes looking for clues for her father and Harada goes with her. They have a lovely time walking and being depressed. They decide to go visit Okita because he is still dying you know. Okita tries to be strong but he is really, really sick. :( Kondou returns from wherever he was and Shinpachi is like DUDE we need to talk. Yeah right in front of everyone. Harada follows and everyone is like X_X. Turns out they are quitting the amazing forces of the good guys since they no longer believe in Kondou…or whoever they are protecting. POOR HEISUKE! Chizuru is like don’t go and they are like dude it is okay cause Hijikata loves you dude! They hug Chizuru one last time before they depart, probably to find Shiranui so Harada can run off with him. THE END!

Photobucket

The battle lasted 10 seconds. So impressed.

Holy crap people a lot happened in this episode. Let’s get started with the important stuff.

Photobucket

Oh there he is...IN THE CORNER!!!

WHERE WAS SAITO?!? Did he use up all his talking last week? He seriously had one line this week. This is my disappointed face people.

Photobucket

Please be safe my favorite character!!!!

But we really do need to pray for Saito. There are now two members of the Shinsengumi that are not zombies. And quite frankly the way Kondou is acting/being portrayed lately he isn’t going to last long. So I really, really worry about what is going to happen to Saito. :( He needs protection. Or rather he should have gone with Harada and Shinpachi.

Photobucket

Calling him out like that...probably not a good idea.

Yeah I did not see that one coming folks. X_X I knew that they were both mad at Kondou but I thought they were going to suck it up and try to make things better. But no they had done abandoned ship ya’ll. Where is my eye candy going?! XO

Photobucket

Well at least I don't have to worry about them dying for the next couple of episodes.

But yeah I really am shocked. I mean I doubt they are gone FOREVER but them leaving makes me sad and I think it should make Kondou rethink what he is doing. When you got your most loyal people leaving you aren’t doing something right. Poor Heisuke.

Photobucket

Faker. But at least you are hanging in there!

:( And then we got Okita all dying in the corner still. And when he is not dying in the corner he is trying to die to protect Kondou. That is not an awesome pairing!

Photobucket

Thanks for trying. And you look sexy in your new outfit.

But I guess he was pretty kick ass the way he tried to protect people. He must have RUN the entire way to the battle but yeah. Still think it is stupid that being an oni won’t cure his deadness but life isn’t fair.

Photobucket

No, just keeping walking dude.

I thought Kaoru was going to last longer and that the twin secret would be revealed later. But nopers. We are going to spend the rest of the season feeling bad for Chizuru and her not so dad evil dad being evil. And that her twin brother is dead and also evil. Don’t know how Chizuru forgot she had a twin brother. Makes me hate her more, forgetting something like that.

Photobucket

Poor sad broken kid. :(

In the end I guess I feel bad for Kaoru. Chizuru got to be raised “normal” while Kaoru was obviously raised with crazies who hate humans. That and he mentioned before not being a girl really made him less important so I am sure he is bitter about that. So yeah he did do bad things and killed innocent people and tried to help raise a demon army to kill all the humans of world….but ya’ll. Chizuru was his sister. His entire life was devoted to finding…HER. So yeah I feel bad for him. Like super bad. Home boy needs a hug.

Photobucket

Oh right HONOR! Silly me.

I guess I understand why Chikage had to kill Kaoru. It is hard to be a legit demon if there are fakers running around ruining your name. That and Kaoru raised his sword to Chizuru and that ruins Chikage plans to make Chizuru a baby making factory. So Chikage is still a baddie but not much of a baddie I guess.

Did Hijikata have any lines this episode? Maybe one. Yay for being important.

Photobucket

BROMANCE!!!

Shiranui and Harada need a room. That is all. XD

Photobucket

Chikage looks super impressed for next week.

So yeah. A lot happened in this episode and none of it good. The troops are losing morale and numbers. Saito is in danger. Chizuru lost her crazy twin brother and learns HAHAHA yo dad is dead and her Uncle is insane. XO How will next week top this craziness? Oh wait it is about Sannan. Never mind.

4 comments:

jamma said...

hi im just a random person who happened to come across this and also watches hakuouki and all i have to say is that it gets progressively sadder as the series goes on -______-

Christina said...

Jamma- Hello random person. I know I am super behind on this series...well everything right now. :( But yes, I think I will be doing good if one of my two favorites makes it through to the very ending. It is looking bleak if you are not the main love interest.

Anonymous said...

omfg i so agree with you... every time i watch a new episode, someone FREAKING DIES GOD DAMMIT.. it just leaves me crying my balls out ._.

i was so happy to start this series because theirs a bunch of hot guys, but what's the point if they all die gosh =___=

Christina said...

Anonymous- I was like WOOHOO hot guys too! Then they started dropping like flies and the whole zombie thing really meant nothing. Perhaps we thought it was going to end differently but it turned into a war story and those never end well. There is a prequel of this series out now but knowing what is going to happen to them down the road I can't bring myself to watch it.

So yeah.......not sure how far you are into this show but have those tissues ready. It doesn't get any better. :(