Monday, November 15, 2010

Adventures at the Magic Kingdom!

No anime post? SAY IT AIN’T SO!!!

XD But yes. Back in…X_X was it March I did the Day for Disney thingy thing. Basically you pick a place to volunteer on the Disney website and you were issued a free park ticket! And considering where I volunteered…I made out good in the deal. XD So I was one of the last people to volunteer as there was a 1 million people cap so I was happy. XD

Photobucket

Time for adventures!!!

My people and I made the trek to Disney and back on Sunday. Not sure if we would do that again without a hotel stay. XD But yes, family vacations are special…On to the pictures and words!!!



Photobucket

BAm his bed right when you walk in the house!

One of the first places we hit is Mickey’s Toontown Fair. I am not sure why this place is going to be dust soon as I think it is one of the best places in the park. Hello Mickey IS Disney. Well and the princesses too. Like if you were going to knock anything down take out the Liberty Square crap.

Photobucket

Don't tear it down NOOOOO!!!!

But yeah had to go here and visit all the stuff as it’s future is pretty bleak. That and I missed Minnie’s House last time. But why do they have different houses if they are married…? Still I liked all that fun stuff. Minnie’s house had a lot more personality while Mickey had a lot of…Mickey stuff. XD

Photobucket

Pretty cute, I recommend this!

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor- Okay this was way funnier than I thought it was going to be. Also I like “rides” that have something interactive going on before the actual event. Stuff on the walls in always nice but something you can actually watch on TV is better. That and it helps people who have not seen the movie. I had my reservations about this since I thought it was going to be aimed at little kids with jokes by children. But it was pretty funny because of the audience interaction. I mean…THAT GUY! They would pick random people in the audience to have stories/jokes about and one person was THAT GUY who was always picked on. I don’t know if it would have been that funny had the people not been good sports.

Photobucket

Run away Alice RUNWAY!!!

Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress- MOG so boring people. I don’t know why we went on this ride before closing instead of the Tea Cups. WHY DOES MY FAMILY HATE THE TEA CUPS!!!! So much massive fail. Never again the Carousel of Progress times. I am sure back in 1967it was amazing. But now it is lame and trying WAY too hard. It was basically animatronics talking about 1900’s, 1920’s, 1940’s, and 20XX. Only they were boring and the man treated his wife like a servant. By the end of the ride my husband was entertaining us all by singing his own version of the song.

Photobucket

Woohoo hidden Mickey!

Peter Pan’s Flight- MOG people the line was SO long for this ride. Longest line all day. Take me back to the ghett..err I mean Universal Studios. Turns out the wait was so long because every single person in the park had a fast pass for this ride and the zipper effect was not in play. So yeah it was a long wait. My people were not amused by the wait and declared the ride not worth it. I liked the ride myself but it was kinda short for the wait we endured.

Photobucket

Nomming on riders!

Jungle Cruise- Okay so originally we weren’t even going to go on this ride. I wanted to go on the Aladdin ride we didn’t get to go on 4 years ago. But my people declared it lame and instead we went on this. Despite the fact that we thought this too was lame. But we actually had a really good time on this ride. I am sure all the jokes were memorized and such but it was still funny. Like when our group only sorta ducked when we were going to be “killed” the dude was like GREAT JOD…you’re dead. Or when some stupid person got out of the ride via window ride dude FREAKED but in an awesome, still in character way. So I approve this ride.

Photobucket

Too dark to take pictures inside BOO!!!

Pirates of the Caribbean- So yeah…I thought there was going to be more Johnny Depp on this ride. So I was a little X_X to find out he had like 3 scenes? Which is find as I am a Will girl anyway. Just wondering what all the changes were since it has been 20 years since I was last on this ride. X_X But it was a tad bit boring, could have used a little more danger and mayhem! Pirates are not rated G my friends!

Photobucket

Why are people throwing pennies on the roof?

Big Thunder Mountain- XO One of the few “roller coasters” I will go on. Yeah people I know it is not really a roller coaster but give me some credit. Although there are some moments when even that was a bit too much for me. My bottom should be touching a seat at all times. But yeah it was fun. XD The parts I had my eyes open for anyway. But now my husband tells me that Space Mountain is even less intense than Thunder Mountain. So maybe I will try that next time. XD But who will I hold on to then?

Photobucket

Are you afraid of the dark?

Haunted Mansion- XD This ride is always going to be cool so people better not be thinking of tearing it down or something. WE CAN RELATE TO THIS RIDE OKAY! But seriously I love this ride. Especially the end, although I think everyone likes that part the best. But it seems as if it has changed since last I went. I didn’t remember it being so hi-tech. Or being on our back for some of it. I liked the bride with 474857 million husbands. XD

Photobucket

Oh I am supposed to care about the people? XD

It’s a Small Word- Without my goofy friend there being….special it wasn’t AS fun. XD But yeah this ride will always be a classic so NEVER GET RID OF IT. Thanks. Of course instead of taking a lot of pictures of the people I took mostly pictures of their cute animal buddies. Because that is how I roll.

Photobucket

And they all lived happily ever after...except the bad people!

Snow White’s Scary Adventure- Another classic ride. I rode this because my Pooh Ride was down. :( Sadness fills my little heart. But I think if they told more of the story this ride would be more interesting. More focus on Snow White and the Dwarves and not the evil Queen. Also my brother is X_X since he kept calling her a witch. Kids these days. XO Also how am I supposed to take pictures in the dark.

Photobucket

Must get more points!!!

Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin- Best ride EVER! When my nonDisney family members asked me which ride was my favorite. I named this and by the end of the day I think everyone agreed with me. XD It is not a fast ride but you just don’t sit there and watch. You are a part of the action. Plus it is like a video game that anyone can play! My husband and I rode this ride 4 times and I think our other party members rode it 6? Not sure. XD But we had a blast. On one of our rides it stopped for about 30 seconds for some reason. But we stopped right in front of the main baddie and our kept shooting. So yeah my husband maxed out his score and I nearly did. XD So yeah, that was the best ride of the day.

Stitch’s Great Escape- This isn’t much of a ride as an interactive show. However it could be more magical if we could actually see sometimes. Like Stitch is running around in the dark half the time and we see nothing. I do like the show before the show though. This time I remembered to be sitting TALL in the seat so I didn’t get squished. But yes, less time in the dark would be nice but still a cute idea. I LIKE STITCH!

Photobucket

Move out of my way people!

The parade this year is called Celebrate A Dream Come True. People waiting for the parade are serious business type people. Or rude jerks. Not sure which. Like if someone was clearly waiting before you would you push towards the front after 5 seconds of standing there? Are you blind crazies?

Photobucket

I wish to ride the float!

But besides the rude people the parade was cute. Thought the globe parade 4 years ago had more floats though. But I love parades and I love floats. XD My favorite will always be Beauty and the Beast but I was surprised that they have already incorporated the new Disney princess. XD I think the floats could have been divided up better. Like hello random Mary Poppins hanging out on the back of a float. XD But WOOHOO floats.

The Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street party was weird. Like I didn’t even know it was going on, I just wanted pictures of the castle XO But it looked like a weird time people. But little kids and their parents were having a blast so yay for them.

Photobucket

Can I buy this Stitch instead?

XO I went to Disney and didn’t buy ANY plushies. Scrape me off the floor people. Actually I didn’t buy much of anything. XO During AFO’s adventure to Downtown Disney I regretted not buying the Pirate cuties pins so I had to get them this time. I traded a few so now I only have 5. And my husband bought one of our many Buzz ride pictures (the one with our max score). But other than that…nothing XO Amazing right? I am usually swag queen!

Photobucket

This was not on the menu though :(

We ate at one of the one $ places. XD I love that concept so much but I don’t know why. But we ate at the Columbia Harbour House. I got the 7.99 chicken nugget thingy meals. It wasn’t as much food as the Universal Studios HALF CHICKEN craziness but I ate almost all my food this time and didn’t feel bad. XD The obligatory ice cream was bought at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies. 3.50 but worth it and a very generous portion.

Photobucket

Always the best part of Disney!

I guess that is it my blog readers. I thought I was going to be able to blog some anime tonight too but apparently I am getting old. That and I think my sleep schedule has slightly corrected itself with all these early wake up days and Daylight Savings times. Gone are the staying up til 4 am. But that just means I will get up at a “reasonable” time tomorrow and get some anime blogging done.

Photobucket

We have to leave already? :( NOOOO!!!

Thanks for reading. XD Now I probably need to get back to work..oh wait I am leaving Sunday for somewhere else.. XD

No comments: