Tuesday, November 2, 2010

To Aru Majutsu No Index Season Two Episode 4

A busy day indeed! I feel accomplished. Well at least I tried to anyway. It is hard to wash your car in the rain and it is hard to buy after Halloween goods if they are considered “normal merchandise”. But I got stuff done for my day trip to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS tomorrow. XD Wish me luck as roller coasters are not my friends.

Photobucket

WTF did they just do?!?!?

Also part of my plan to catch up is to get some anime episodes watched and blog. Up first is To Aru Majutsu no Index episode 4. With some many different Christianity groups coming together I might walk away from this episode feeling confused. Maybe Touma can break out an epic speech for me and explain it all.

Spoilers for nuns with guns…I mean weapons. XD



Photobucket

Be jealous Touma. Be very jealous.

Episode Summary: Stiyl, Index, Touma, and the newly freed Saiji are walking along talking about the situation that just occurred. Stiyl uses a lot of words to explain that the Roman Catholics are going to make it legal to kill Orsola. GO CHRISTIANS. But then Stiyl is like this isn’t my problem and acts like he is not going to help. Touma gets pissed and Saiji leaves to go rescue Orsola and his people alone. Touma walks along pissed as Stiyl questions where his necklace ended up. When Touma says he gave the cross to Orsola Stiyl is like OH. Index tries to tell Touma that he can’t rescue everyone and not to feel bad. Touma says he is going to stop by the store on the way home but he runs off towards a church that Agnese told him about earlier. Apparently Orsola is so amazing she has her own churches in Japan. So off Touma runs. He needs to run faster as Orsola is being kicked and stomped on by Agnese (who is clearly enjoying the torture way too much. Agnese calls her a traitor for going to the enemy (Saiji and his people) while Orsola is happy strangers came to rescue her. Agnese also confesses to using trickery to get more followers or something which makes Orsola sad.

Photobucket

Don't do it!!!! XO

Suddenly Touma and his questions arrive to fight against a bunch of nuns. He says his thing and Agnese is like AHA. Until Stiyl shows up. He says he has a dog in this fight because Touma put an Anglican cross on Orsola. That means she is no longer a Roman Catholic or something. Agnese is like BITE ME! Saiji and his people show up and are like NOW WHAT! And then Index enters saying that Touma should have let them handle it but since they are all here now let’s kick some butt. Everyone starts to fight with Touma in charge of protecting Orsola. Kaori and Motoharu watch the fight from a tall building nearby and are happy with the way things turned out. Touma does his best to protect Orsola but there are a lot of nuns. Touma becomes angered with how much Orsola has been injuried but she smiles off the pain. Saiji goes to protect Index but BAM she sings a song about all the books in her head and uses the nuns’ not so nice souls against them. Stiyl and Saiji have a moment where they take turns protecting each other. Agnese orders the nuns protecting her to enter the battle and is generally pissed. Then the nuns STICK PENS IN THEIR EARS so Index’s spell doesn’t work. X_X The end!

Another great episode. Woohoo I am glad I can always count on this series (either version) to leave me feeling satisfied after watching it. Can’t say that for all the anime shows I watch.

Also I must amend something that I wrote last week. I thought Touma was holding Luccia. Of course I was wrong. XD I should have thought that because Luccia is a crazy cracker. But it was really Orsola. In my defense everyone is wearing a nun habit and it is difficult to figure out who is who. But yes I was wrong. I am special.

Photobucket

Get them Touma!

I was a little….-_- that Stiyl and Index were like oh okay we won’t rescue Orsola. Maybe they did have a plan to rescue her later but maybe they should have Touma that. Because it looks like to me they were walking away from the situation and placing Orsola in a difficult situation. Any longer and she might have been squished. Hard to rescue someone who is dead. So yeah they get the stink eye.

But I guess they get a few brownie points for letting Saiji go. He was telling the truth so they really should have let him go. However since there could have been some double DOUBLE crossing going on I might not have blamed them if they left him tied up.

Photobucket

Thanks for telling me that now.

I am really not a fan of people gaining information off screen and it is only revealed moments before it becomes necessary. Like OH okay Agnese told Touma about the church of Orsola being right around the corner from the battle. Like isn’t that MAGICAL. Super magical. I rather that information be given before hand and the character go AHA and remember that there is a way to rescue the super clueless nun. But meh.

X_X Agnese is hard core. Of course it would be silly to think that just because one claims to be a Christian they are above being violent and evil. Actually…yeah anything I was going to say in defense of them went out the window. Maybe this really mirrors how some SUPER FUNDAMENTAL CHRISTIANS act in real life. None of that love your brother stuff, more like bring them down and act like they are sub human. But I would think that Agnese would want to get members through the truth and love and not lies.

Photobucket

Also you're 12!!!!

Also seriously why is Agnese the only one wearing that crazy outfit? Seems disrespectful. And weird.

Photobucket

Claw her eyes out!!

Orsola had some good moments and some meh moments in this episode. Like if someone was beating my ass to a pulp I probably wouldn’t smile. I would be happy that a group of strangers, a group that my group deems to be dangerous/crazy, came to rescue me. But I wouldn’t just sit there getting stomped on. I also might have called out Agnese a little more but then again I am stupid and that might lead to more head stompin.

Photobucket

Well excuse me for caring!!!

Touma is here to save the day folks! Well and everyone else! But Touma first. Touma always likes to give people the benefit of the doubt even when he catches them doing asshole things. I guess that makes him likable but really he is weird. XD At least he got there in time.

Photobucket

Isn't it magical how everything always works out in anime?


Photobucket

But I gave it to you!!!!

The necklace had meaning people. So that whole blushy random useless scene from last week wasn’t so random and useless. Which is a little XD since Stiyl gave Touma that necklace to protect HIM. Everyone say AW. It probably would have been better if Stiyl put the necklace ON Touma but then we wouldn’t have a reason for Stiyl to justify his involvement in the rescue operation. But it still makes me smile that Stiyl wanted to protect Touma but tried to do it in a roundabout way.

The battle was meh. I am surprised that the Amaskua Church was so ready to help. Maybe because their leader Saiji ordered them to. But if I was that girl that Touma knocked out I would have given him a little side eye. But every single one of the Amakusa was a lot stronger than the Roman Catholic nuns. There were nuns all over the place and just a few “enemies”. Losers I tell you. XD

Photobucket

Look at me being amazing!!!!!

Index once again proves to be useful. I know, shocking right? But she is singing some song that unites all the spells inside her head. Which makes sense. If you have all that knowledge I would hope one would be able to use it. XD But go Index, kicking butt and being useful.

Photobucket

I sense you two are being boring.

Still don’t know what Kaori and Motoharu were up to. Kaori seems happy her people are behaving and Motoharu was being a triple spy trying to steal the book? In any event I hope they have fun doing nothing and just looking on at the battle.
That pen in the ear moment was so hard core. I can’t remember the last time that an anime scene made me say OH SHIT out loud. Because that was really an OH SHIT moment.

Photobucket

MOG WHAT IS THAT?!?!?

I thought what could they do with those pens, a super secret spell? Nope they STUCK THEM IN THEIR EARS! Just wow people. I don’t know what else to say. I mean what can you say when a bunch of teenage nun girls stick pens in their ears? X_X

Next week should be the conclusion to this epic battle between different Christianity sects. Can’t we all just get along?

2 comments:

eternia said...

Wow. I love your comments and thoughts about this anime. Complete with screen shot too. :P
Won't you write for each episode please?
BTW, episode 5 has been released by Ayako this morning.

Christina said...

Eternia- I have no reason to drop this series at this point so yes I will blog each and every episode. This series is one of my favorites of the season. XD

For some reason I am a little behind on my blogging so after work today I will try to catch up on all the episodes I am behind on. But I am glad you like my blog, thank you for reading!