Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day to all!!

Happy Thanksgiving one and all. It is a little weird because according my laptop it is 2 where I am from but it is only noon where I am. XO My tummy wants to know where the turkey is!

Photobucket

Um...it looks Fall like? WORK WITH ME PEOPLE!

Just got done watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. A little disappointed that they didn’t showcase Hello Kitty that much and I guess the Harajuku Lover’s float was only for when they debut two years ago. But I liked it, glad I was able to watch the whole thing this year. XD Personal favorites (besides Hello Kitty of course) is the Pikachu balloon and Snoopy balloon/float.

So as I wait for my Turkey Day hosts to finish preparing our feast I thought I would jot down a few things that I am thankful for this year. This of course is not a full list as throughout the year I would forget things…because I am forgetful. XD But yes just a few things that are sticking out in my mind right now.


Things I am thankful for:

I am thankful for all the years my grandfather did have. 85 wonderful years he had on this Earth. He served in the military, raised a family, and delighted his neighbors, really a whole community with his bird houses. I am thankful that I had so many years with him when many don’t get to know their grandparents at all.

I am thankful I have a job. Now I know I go on and on about how much I hate my job. Because I do. But I am thankful that I HAVE a job when many others, some my friends/family, have been out of work for a while. So while work drives me crazy 90 percent of the time I am thankful that I have money to buy things, like food, health insurance, and Harajuku Lovers purses.

I am thankful that my husband and his unit/people came home safely from the place they went to. He assures me it wasn’t THAT dangerous but considering where he went I think he might be telling me stories so I don’t worry. But yes I am glad he came back safe and sound.

I am thankful that in the 5 plus years I had no health insurance nothing bad happened to me. Of course now that I have health insurance I don’t WANT bad things to happen to me. But yeah, happy that I am alive and well.

I am thankful that my kitties are still alive and well. Even if they drive me crazy. All the time. XD But I love them anyways. Sorta miss them this holiday but I will spoil them later.

I am really thankful that our airport doesn’t have the cancer causing e-ray screening thing. Just…yeah.

And of course I am thankful for all (well select…) my family and friends. That is a given for this holiday season. Sure they also drive me crazy at times but I love them all and each one of them adds something important to my life. So thank you my crazy people, you are special. And I love special.

Now bring on the noms!!!

6 comments:

Jiani [贾尼] said...

Happy Turkey day to you all as well! XD Turkey day!

Christina said...

Phane A- Turkey for all! And pumpkin pie drenched in whipped cream....getting really hungry now. XD Why don't we eat like this all the time?!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Thankful we don't eat this way all the time! (my tummy hurts!)

But happy thanksgiving to you and yr readers, thanks for the shoutout to the Pikachu balloon which I slept thru I think! XD

Christina said...

Anonymous- Well maybe not AS MUCH food as today but I want to know why we don't eat turkey and pumpkin pie all year round. XD

My Turkey Day hosts have DVR (or whatever it is called) so if I had slept through I would have been saved. But some miracle got me out of bed in time. XD It is so cute with it's tiny little pokeball!

Anonymous said...

Another reason 2b thankful -- another new Kuroshitsuji OVA out this week (a tour of the phantomhive estate)!

Anonymous said...

@Christina LOL a holiday miracle!