Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer 2013 Anime Line-up! Tenchi Picks!

Hello there my lovely readers! It's that time to ignore all the anime episodes I should be blogging and see what animes I will be behind in the next coming months. Acceptance, I have it. XD Oh I smile through the crazy. But since I am posting this rather early I was unable to find some of the episode numbers or starting dates. Just...probably 12 or more and starting in July. Really narrows it down yay!
 photo summer2013d_zps28fdceef.jpg
When looking up ice cream and anime girl....beware the results.
On a sad little note....clearly there will be no dancing in the streets. Sailor Moon the reboot...has apparently been pushed aside for some unknown reason. Lots of speculation but mainly disappointed fans who vaguely remember watching this show when they were in elementary school only for it to return full force on Toonami before it died too. No no, the memories...they are too fresh and burn. :( Hopefully soon but not going to lie, thought that this summer was going to be WOOHOO SAILOR MOON time. Lets see what I did manage to find though.



 photo summer2013c_zps7a453ba4.jpg
PURE GIRLS!


Kin-iro Mosaic 

Summary: The story begins with Oomiya Shinobu, a 15-year-old, seemingly “pure” Japanese girl who actually did a homestay in Great Britain. Even after coming back to Japan, she still misses her time overseas. One day, an airmail letter arrives from Alice, the girl in Shinobu's host family in Great Britain. The letter reads: Shinobu, I'm coming to Japan! The Japanese/British girls' mixed comedy follows the lives of Shinobu, Alice, and other girls from both Japan and Great Britain. 

 Impressions: Pure? What the hell? I mean I know despite the fact it is common that those who study overseas, especially in America, are looked upon differently when they return. It's not like it is the year 2013 in Japan. So yeah...the wording is a bit jaring to read. PURE! Untainted by the Western world except with Disneyland, Starbucks, and poorly worded TV shirts. All Japanese here!!!! Putting that weirdness aside...cute girls doing cute things in a different country than their own? Well sign me up! Yay for the younger generation bonding despite being different, even if it is just fiction woohoo! At least this cute girl wrote a letter before showing up! Instead of other animes with cute girls doing cute things, showing up with no shoes.... 

Air Date: July 6th Number of 

Episodes: Unknown 



 photo summer2013b_zpsaa1e9fe8.jpg
I don't know....how I feel about this....
 

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 

Synopsis: Illya von Einzbern is a seemingly ordinary middle school student with no magical powers. When the kaleidostick Magical Ruby selects Illya to become its new master, Illya becomes a Magical Girl who collect Class Card together with another Magical Girl, Miyu.

Rin and Luvia were originally Magical Girls that were supposed to collect the Cards, but after trying to use Class Cards in a quarrel, Kaleidosticks abandoned them (mid-air) and went on to independently search for new masters. Ruby made a contract with Illya, and Sapphire with Miyu. (so sayeth the manga synopsis). 

Impressions: Um....so yeah....this sounds like 932 kinds of special. A lot of special and I am not sure I can handle it. At first I thought the girl in the advertising art was Saber and I nearly lost my mind. But apparently she is someone else so I am just a bit scarred for life. I mean Illya is a sad little girl with no hopes and dreams in most versions of Fate so...maybe some fun is in order? Even if deep down you know it is all a lie. I don't know, I shall give it a whirl even if it sounds like Card Captor Sakura 15 years later... 

Air Date: July 2013 

Number of Episodes: Unknown 



 photo summer2013a_zpsbbc7cdbf.jpg
I am pretty sure these are all boys....
 

Makai Ouji: devils and Realists 

Synopsis: The noble William possesses a rare kind of intelligence. The school he attends and his family background both draw much attention. However, one day, his family loses money after his uncle's business fails. Worrying about how this would affect his school's reputation, he returns home to help the family butler search for things to sell. What they found was an underground room that had been used by William's ancestors. The room contains a magical seal, with which William unintentionally summons a demon. The demon, Dantalion tells William that has the ability to choose the king of the demon world! Naturally, the candidates for king will come after William...who will become king in the end?! 

Impressions: Clearly the long list of hotties has nothing to do with my choice of maybe watching this show. Nothing at all. Nope, not in the PV when two of the characters looked like they were about to kiss, didn't cloud my judgment at all.....GIVE ME A BREAK! Boobies and fan service shots all over the place, let me have my dreams! Although this drawing style/character design does remind me of Pandora Hearts. Ah memories. Corner of my mind and all that crap. I hope the PV was done early on as the art seemed...well very old to be honest. Clean it up and show me what you got. Relatively speaking because most male eye candy involves keeping on all your clothes. 

Air Date: July 8th 

Number of Episodes: Unknown 



 photo summer2013_zps5f926f18.jpg
Seems rather sparkly for the end of the world and crosses. XD
 
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi 

Synopsis: The fantasy is set 15 years after humans stopped being born and the dead stopped dying, since the word was abandoned by God. That left “Gravekeepers” with the unique task of giving the would be dead peace. A girl named Ai is the only Gravekeeper in her village; she was born from a Gravekeeper mother and a human father 12 years ago. One day a boy named Hanpunii Hanbaado appears and begins firing his pistol indiscriminately and setting the village on fire. Hanpunii confronts Ai with the shocking truth. 

Impressions: There have been several movies/other mediums that cover this topic, that humans suddenly become sterile and life as we know it will cease to be soon. But I don't think it has ever been combined with what seems to be zombies? Well not really zombies. No one can born and no one can really die? Is that the definition of a zombie? Now I am not understanding how the main character is 12 when people stopped being born 15 years ago. Maybe she is magical since her mother was magical? But clearly that will all change when the white hair hottie comes to town and starts shooting up the place. I mean....if Ai was doing her job right why the killing? XO I want to know the shocking truth, especially since the PV was all happy and roses. 

Airing Date: July 2013 

Number of Episodes: Unknown

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina

I can't believe I forgot the summer line up!

Well, if you're interested in more shows, here's the list:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/05/29-1/updated-summer-2013-anime-chart

Quite frankly, I don't know what shows to suggest.


End comments

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina

First anonymous again.

Forgot to add:

Unfortunately, the Sailor Moon remake is not part of the summer line up. :(

I was really looking for to it.

That's all.

Anonymous said...

Makai Ouji: devils and Realists
YES!! Yaoi fan right there!! BOO YEA!! LOL Please DO enjoy it. The manga was interesting, but who am I kidding, I read it for the hot boys XD

"The Sunday w/o God" (the last one) is from the Light Novel, so you don't have to worry about the plot error. The are also seems decent.

Other than that, you should drop all the rest, yes I know "Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya" is part of the Fate-series, BUT, just look at the pic, I feel like it will wast you time, especially you don't have much of it ---- Your reply rate will drop even more T^T

Anime suggest to watch:
"Rozen Maiden", the manga/plot is very well done. The structure and the pacing is also good. You should check it out. ^^

Christina said...

Anonymous 1- I am so sad about Sailor Moon. I think everyone has fond memories of their gateway anime and the idea of the series being rebooting, closer to the manga material, fills my heart with happiness! I rather it get done correctly than fast....but announcing things ahead of time is a sure fire way to disappoint people.

Anonymous 2- I have truly not been keeping up on comments lately, such a sour mood I have had. I Just like bleh everything sucks, going to watch more crappy reality TV and be all angry. Trying to make the frown go upside down and other useless things people say when all you want to do is eat a gallon of ice cream in your prison cell because REVENGE!

I mean...maybe the show will be interesting....besides the hot boys doing hot boy things with other hot boys. XD I know it looks like I am talking out both sides of my mouth but with such few titles geared towards woman and gay men I can still stand tall and be indignant when all I see is boobies!!!

I feel as if I have to try with Magica Illya Shoujo Sparkles. But I guess that is like saying I need to be fond of Alien Resurrection just because the rest of the franchise is awesome. But yeah it seems so much like a Card Captor Sakura rip off...ON PURPOSE so not going in to that with much hope. XD

Anonymous said...

Agree w/ Anon #2
Tenchi, if you can not reply our comments w/n 1/wk then you should reduce your new Anime to 1 or 2 or 3, NO, NOT 4! You chose 4 Anime this season, and see what happen?? You have not reply Arata ep 6,7 AND 8. You have not reply Suiseu no Gargantia ep 6 and 10. Not to mention Shingeki no Kyojin ep 9, oh and this one has a 2nd season too, so No more than 2 new ones or you will fail behind AGAIN.

You already behind, Arata ep 9 is out, Shingeki no Kyojin ep 11 is out, Karneval ep 11 is out,Suiseu no Gargantia ep 11 is also out. So yes, you are very behind. Just choose 1 or 2 more than what you already have.

My suggestion? Same is Anon#2,
1) Makai Ouji: devils and Realists
and (yes, I'm also a Yaoi fan LOL)
2)"Rozen Maiden"

These should be more than enough for you to handle in the new season. Also, wish good fortune w/ you in the new season, both anime and real life-wise.