Friday, January 6, 2012

Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice chapters 7-11

So….it turns out my computer is not broken. At all. And it never was. My husband and I are just very, very special. I would tell you what was causing it not to work…but that would reveal just how special my husband and I are. Just rejoice that my laptop is happily on my lap! Also note it costs 78 dollars for Best Buy to ship off your computer to be fixed. Even when there is nothing wrong with it. XD

Photobucket

I am pretty sure this spin off exists just to show boobies.

Also look! Pictures are in this post!!!! I probably should have thought of that….a lot time ago. XD Goober me for not listening to good advice. Hopefully this won’t happen again as I have been taught spreading out one’s pictures really is the best thing to do. YAY PICTURES!

Since I apparently I have time in between anime series (guess I forgot New Year’s Day is a big deal in Japan) I figured I could catch up on some manga posts. This is an Anime, Manga, and Life blog isn’t it yes? So spoilers for Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice chapters 7-11.

HMMMM why were my pictures deleted.....


Photobucket

HMMM! I wonder who's soul gem she/they were going to steal there....

Picking off from where I ended last time our crew is fighting a Soul Gem stealer. This crazy crack head only steals soul gems because they are pretty and they shine bright because of the life they hold inside. Also this crack head has a split personality. Her name is Ayase/Luca. One personality attacks with extreme fire and the other attacks with extreme ice. Oh snap Nico and Kazumi had a bit of problems fighting off this girl while the others took their sweet time getting to the scene.

Photobucket

I thought we were getting our first OH SNAP moment here. :(

I am not sure how I feel about Nico having multiple bodies. I guess that is a perk from her wish…not that I know what her wish really is. Okay I do because I can read. It is to regenerate. But given what her past really was (accidentally using a gun on her friends) I am not sure how that ties in to her wish. The internets say that she might have been paralyzed in the gun accident but she is clearly standing on top of the roof prior to becoming a magical girl. So while that doesn’t apply….I don’t know. I guess this is magic and all the girls can have special powers when need be.

Photobucket

Since you haven't figured it out yet let me spell it out for you!

I think Kazumi was being a little naiive in this episode. Or annoying. They did just kill another magical girl in chapter 6 so why is what Ayase/Luca saying so shocking? That the Pleiades Saints are Magical Girl Hunters? Why would she jump to crazy conclusions when she knows that magical girls SOMETIMES turn into witches? Even without the full information Kazumi was just being over dramatic for no reason this time.

Photobucket

This one has the potential for crazy. XD

Given that the girls didn’t know Ayase/Luca her (their) “death” wasn’t as dramatic. Maybe because Kazumi was busy trying to demand the truth out of them. That and Ayase/Luca was just being evil whereas Airi had a reason for her anger.

The part of the manga (well in this section) that made NO SENSE at all was Nico turning into a witch. But don’t worry folks. She really doesn’t. Ayase/Luca is contained AKA their soul gems are stolen and suddenly Nico collapses on the ground. And turns into a witch. Whom no one wants to kill. Well until Saki gets hurt. Then Mirai goes postal on the Nico wish.

Photobucket

So much for our dramatic moment...

Okay so you know how I said earlier that Nico has multiple bodies? Juubey explains that she can create clones from other objects. Like she can turn a table into her twin. Well folks…THAT is what just turned into a witch. Her clone. Now….last time I checked these were just body clones. Not real clones have a raised from birth and have souls and what not. So how the heck did it turn into a witch? IT WASN’T REAL?! I thought maybe this series was about to get REAL but nope. Just kidding. Nico isn’t dead. It was a clone.

Photobucket

Is Kyubey passing out party bags now or something?

Also something to note is that Ayase/Luca had a case full of evilnuts. I thought that Airi was the one who created them. But since it has not been explained why Airi kidnapped Kazumi when killing her would have been easier maybe it was not her? Maybe neither of these villains so far are responsible for the evil nuts and someone else is handing them out to stop the Pleiades Saints. HMMM I wonder what evil white creature would be capable of that….

So after all that amazingly confusing stuff it is time to show Kazumi the truth. The truth is actually hidden in a stuffed animal museum. I am not sure where Mirai got the money to have such a museum but that is not the point. With a few magical spells Kazumi is taken to the real museum: “Sleeping” magical girls.

Photobucket

Wonder how many girls have gone missing from this city? Hey officials I think I found them all!

Finally Kazumi is told the truth. Not sure how it was a big surprise as she was already told SOME magical girls turn into witches. Now she just knows that every single girl has the potential to go down that road if their magic goes out. I think the reveal was obviously done better in Madoka when it all came at once and there was no question on what your future held. Maybe Kazumi is just slow.

Photobucket

Guns are bad. Missile fingers are awesome!

Then it comes for another great reveal. That all of these girls became magical girls because of Kazumi. Every single girl had a horrible past. Someone accidentally shot herself and her friends when they were younger. Another lost an important person in a car accident. Someone had their work plagiarized. One person had their pet cat die ( :( ). Someone had no friends. Okay maybe that wasn’t as terrible. In any event all the girls got witch kissed and Kazumi saved them. In a super special way. She allowed familiar to nom on them for a bit and was like OH now you want to live?

Photobucket

Sorry the role of Hope Goddess has already been filled.

Well after all that song and dance the girls go back to Kazumi’s place where she makes them Granny’s special meal. Kazumi explains that grandma is dead now. This takes the reader to the sad past of Kazumi. She was studying abroad when she got news that grandma was doing really, really bad. So when she finally makes it to the hospital she is attacked by a witch. Kazumi is not having a good day is she?

Photobucket

Just don't tell Mami about the witch thing....

But Mami saves her yay!!!!!! In my first post I said that there were probably not going to be any crossovers and that the Madoka girls were probably in a different town. That might be true but the towns are very close to each other. Another interesting thing was after Kazumi was saved we see Juubey with Mami, not Kyubey. Is this more of good cop/bad cop? It looked to me that Juubey’s face lit up when he saw Kazumi. Like oh this has potential to be an AWESOME baddie.

Kazumi’s wish…might be lamer than Madoka’s original wish (to save someone’s pet). Kazumi did not know the rules of being a magical girl. That the stronger your wish is the worse your despair will be. So there is no reason for her to wish to be so tame and….well lame. Why not wish for Grandma to get BETTER?! Not just to taste her food one more time.

Photobucket

So many dead girls. X___X

That is just what I am assuming anyway. That is where the current manga chapters end. With Juubey doing his wanna be a magic girl speech. Glad this manga is starting to make more sense but the whole nut thing/kidnapping Kazumi hasn’t been explained yet. But now we can see the real ground work for making the Pleiades Saints the best witch ever!

No comments: