Thursday, January 5, 2012

If I moved to Japan....the positives

Okay folks. It is official. The year 2012 hates me. Like 5 seconds after the ball dropped a major family fight happened. A few days ago we had a very sad visit to the vet’s office. And now my laptop is out of commission. Hopefully it only has to do deal with the power cord (as my cat took a flying leap on a Christmas tree and landed on the cord) but seeing how my life is going lately I am thinking the laptop is done for good. Woe is my wallet.

Also I see that my pictures are still not showing up here. :( It said the 5th so I am not sure what is going on. Maybe at midnight tonight it will reset. Either way I apologize for the angry squares all over the place.

I had another blog post almost all ready to go on my laptop but since it won’t START I guess I will go with something new. Yesterday (or earlier today) I posted about how my life would change if I moved to Japan. I mainly focused on the things that might not be as positive, things that would be sad, or things that I would have to get used to. I figured since it wasn’t a HAPPY post (I guess more realistic) I would do a post focusing on the more positive accepts to moving Japan. Bring on the fun.


Moving to a different country where we would be in the minority I think as a couple my husband and I would become closer. Obviously. Well hopefully anyway. We would have just each other at first. My husband is not much of a talker now but maybe his communication skills would improve when we would only have each other to talk to.

If we lived in or near Tokyo I doubt we would ever be bored. I think we could walk down the streets for a year and still not see everything in that giant city. And that is just walking around! With a city as big as that there are sure to be a ton of events and what not happening every week. We could be cultured folks! Of course that also plays into becoming closer as a couple. Going on more dates and what not.

Maybe….just maybe…I would be less of a picky eater? HAHA! At any rate my husband would be happier and would probably have a blast trying and eating new foods. At least I know I like their desserts.

Oh have I mentioned I be in anime mecca!? While I couldn’t read the mangas or watch the animes (well not right away….) I would be closer to merchandise. My lovely nendoroids at no mark-ups. Maybe that could be a job opportunity for me, starting an anime shop? Who knows. But for me my tiny new place would be filled with so many lovelies. And the newest lovelies! Yeah weekend trips to the anime mecca!

And how could I not mention the lovely HELLO KITTY! Puroland would be around the corner. While I wouldn’t go every single weekend it would be a place I would visit several times a year. Just going down the street that Puroland is on would be fun for me. Being so close to Puroland would make me happy.

Now this might sound weird since I do live in Florida but I think we would go to Disney more. XD Because while it is doable to drive to a theme park, go to the theme park, and come back at night..it is not fun. XD Of course the hotels in Orlando are cheaper than the hotels near Tokyo Disney. But my point is we could take a train to Disney and not stay overnight. It is the drive HOME that is the horrible part. You are tired and what not and it is gets hard to see the road. But this way we could just take a train and have a little nap before getting back home. Maybe we could invest in those expensive annual passes so we could visit Disney all the time. XD

My blog would obviously change if I moved to Japan. Or maybe I would start a new one. One that would focus on Japan and my experiences there. Lots of picture taking would occur and I think it would be fun to share my life in a new place. Maybe other people would find it interesting too.

Maybe in a place that doesn’t have jeans around every corner I…might start dressing like a girl? My husband said he would leave me though if I wore thigh high leggings and shorts though. So I couldn’t go that far in my girlness. But saying goodbye to my beloved jeans….

Another HAHA Tenchi is special thing that would change in Japan would be….getting in shape. You got to walk everywhere and battle stairs folks. So much walking. Inevitably I would get in shape without any extra effort.

Not that I am a messy person or I live in utter chaos. But living in a smaller place would mean my house would have to be cleaner. Stuff needs to be in its place. Go shopping, find a place for it. Especially since one has to organize the garbage and what not. Probably should have mentioned the garbage thing in the other post. But I would like to think that being in a smaller space would make me a cleaner person. Hopefully anyway.

I just asked my husband what his favorite part about living in Japan would be. This is his answer. “Living in Japan would be my favorite part about moving to Japan”. Yeah husband…. XD

I think being away from my friends, family, and country might make me appreciate them more. Like the limited time we would have together would mean more. We wouldn’t take our together time for granted. I would see my country differently and think that things aren’t so bad. At least I would see that every place has problems and things aren’t the end of the world.

Maybe without TV at my fingertips 24/7 I would go out and see more of the world. Become an adventurer. Or just become addicted to my laptop. XD

Perhaps being in a new environment would force me to make new friends and become a better person. Being out of my comfort zone would allow me to meet new people and try new things. And encourage me to learn another language.

While moving to Japan would still require a lot of work and effort the positive aspects of the move would be great. Closer with my husband and closer to fun things that I enjoy. And I would become more of an adventure and social butterfly. Someone better get to winning the lottery so we can hop on over to Japan for at least a few years. XD

No comments: