Saturday, February 12, 2011

XXXholic chapter 213: LAST CHAPTER

MOG FOLKS! Like….you don’t even know. Go download this chapter, read the whole thing, and come back to this post. You just won’t understand by reading my ranty words. You must experience the WTFness for yourself.

Photobucket

Surprise! Or not really....

Did you read it yet? Or have you passed out from screaming in frustration? Well I am not here to calm your anger, I am here to fuel it. Be warned.

Spoilers for RAGE. RAGE FOLKS!!!



Photobucket

HI CLOW REED!!!

Chapter Summary: Watanuki tells Domeki that the butterfly is Yuko and that someone with a very high magic power sent him the dream. But he doesn’t think it was Yuko because….well I don’t know why. But he thinks if he dresses up like Clow Reed and uses all the stuff he has learned over the years he will be able to find out who sent the dream. After doing some spells it turns out HAHAHA it was Yuko. And she has a message for Watanuki. She says nothing but let’s a bird out of cage, representing that Watanuki can leave the shop now. Watanuki doesn’t seem very happy about that fact or seeing Yuko. He tells Domeki all of this, that since he has stayed in this shop for so long his powers will allow him to leave. Domeki seems concerned and Watanuki is like you are so like your great grandfather who was like his grandfather. MEANING IT HAS BEEN 100 YEARS SINCE WATANUKI INHERTIED THE SHOP! Watanuki implies he is going to stay in the shop despite seeing Yuko. Domeki GREAT GRAND JUNIOR goes to get Watanuki a drink and says it is not time to use the egg to make Watanuki forget about Yuko. The series ENDS with Watanuki looking up at the sky thinking of Yuko. THE END!!!!

Do you hear that folks? It is the sound of my yaoi hopes and dreams being flushed down the toilet. When we get our epilogue chapter (because really CLAMP that is the only thing that will save you from the horde of angry fans) it still won’t change the fact that Domeki is DEAD and it has been 100 years. Like mog scrape me off the floor I am shocked at how horrible this all is.

And I blogged Starry Sky before this? WTF is wrong with me?!

Like I am going to bed folks. Maybe in the morning I will be better equipped to handle this nonsense. NONSENSE FOLKS! Maybe I will stop wishing they finish X/1999. They will probably have Subaru killing Kamui and Fumma becoming his boyfriend or something.

Photobucket

The correct time to use the egg was 100 years ago. THANKS!

Okay so after a scary night’s sleep (really why would I want to move where there is snow?!?!) I have decided….hey at least we know what the egg is for now? Right people? Silver lining in the sea of WTF?

Haha no folks. This is truly bad news. Unless the epilogue has a scene from 100 years ago with the REAL DOMEKI deciding to use the egg on Watanuki and suddenly he remembers how to bring back the Tsubasa clones there is a great unhappiness all over my face. A great unhappiness folks.

Photobucket

Watanuki needs a hug. And a smack to the head.

I am not even going to pretend to understand why Yuko sent Watanuki that dream. Really she couldn’t send it to him 10 years after she died? I think 10 years is more than enough to mourn for her. I mean….i guess she had to wait until he had enough powers to leave the shop. Still it would bother me if I had a dream about my friend who had to suffer 100 years before I could send him the dream. See folks, my head is beginning to hurt again.

Photobucket

Yes that long fool!!!

I mean….how bittersweet is it that Watanuki might be able to move on 100 years after the fact. Even if his friends lived to be 80 that means he has lived so long without them. Being stuck in that house while various Domeki’s came to take care of him. Besides clients coming to visit him that means all Watanuki had for years were an aging Domeki and Kohane. Oh and the occasional Himawari. Once a year Himawari. If I were Watanuki’s friends I would be pissed that a dead person gets more consideration than I, the living person, does.

AND HOW ANGRY AM I THAT THERE IS NO YAOI?! What happened to the golden rule in CLAMP of reincarnation?! I mean…that WASN’T Domeki!!! I would be okay (well less MOG) about this situation if Domeki kept being reincarnated to be with Watanuki. That would be romantic. But since Watanuki went out of his way to say GRANDFATHER I would say…no this is not reincarnation. This is a whole new person and my dreams of romance are smashed. SMASHED since obviously Domeki went out and got himself a wife.

Photobucket

I still have Fai and Kurogane. I will focus on that.

Just no. Domeki was supposed to work at the university and try to find a way to save Watanuki and eventually turn into Fei Wong Reed. Not get married and have himself a family. He was supposed to die and eventually his reincarnated self would find his way back to Domeki. This should not be happening.

Photobucket

But what fool?!?!!

And okay. So Watanuki waited in the shop until he could see Yuko again. After he does see her again….he decides to stay in the shop? So…..what was the point of anything? Watanuki never had his wish granted. He still sees spirits. He lost the mentor that was protecting him. He found out he didn’t really even exist. And then he lost every friend he ever had waiting for a dead person who never really came. What a happy, HAPPY STORY!

Photobucket

SO LEAVE!!!

But hey people. We know what the egg is for. Only Yuko gave it to the stupidest person on Earth and he inturn gave it to his stupid relatives. How would Watanuki be sad to forget someone? HE WOULD FORGET THEM! He is sad REMEMBERING Yuko. But if you made him forget about Yuko he could move on with his life because he wouldn’t be stuck there remembering her. Just…MOG people. I mean apparently it was too much to expect an answer on why the egg could do that. But now apparently it is too much to expect people to USE THE EGG. I just…I just don’t get it.

Photobucket

SO MUCH HAPPINESS!!!

I think the epilogue will be Watanuki walking around the shop and the last page will be of him stepping one foot onto the sidewalk and we seeing how much the world has changed. We will get no explanation on who Fei Wong Reed really was (as I still believe he was one of the boys and not some distant person in the past). We will get no resolution for the Tsubasa characters and their journey.

Come to me my fellow CLAMP fans. Come to me and we will join in a circle of sorrow and despair. This was definitely not the ending we were expecting or wanting.

Photobucket

I think I hate you.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol great post, I think all the forums lit up when the last chapter came. But we still have hope for the ova which shows domeki past , maybe it will answer questions there.
and how cruel was it when yuko didn't even talk.

I was never expecting this sort of ending but we know that CLAMP always leaves open ended stories.Even some of the members in CLAMP didn't understand the ending XD.

Kay O.S. said...

This. This describes my feelings perfectly when I read this chapter.

I've calmed down a bit now, and the only redeeming thought is that, even though this Doumeki is Shizuka's great-grandson, he is somehow also his reincarnation. This is mostly because I think CLAMP made it 100 years purposefully to hint at it, since it apparently took Shuichiro 100 years to reincarnate in Wish. Watanuki also said "It'll be difficult to discover the ways in which you're not like him." I'm hoping this means more than in just physical appearance and refers to the soul.

I actually liked the Yuko dream part, because it did what it was supposed to do -- tell Wata to get the freak on with his life. What I HATED was that he was just like "Lolz, nope." I used to like you Watanuki, I really did. But this... and what you did to my (and YOUR!) darling Doumeki... too much.

And I am sticking by the theory (fact!) that Doumeki just had a child so that his lineage could continue to care for Watanuki, and was not romantically involved with anybody else in any way.

Well... this turned out to be longer than I planned. Pre-Rou Watanuki, I still like you; Doumeki, you will always be my favorite; and Yuko, don't ever trust two idiots to get what needs to be done, done. RIP xxxHOLiC

Christina said...

chibidee19- My husband now thinks I am insane over moaning and complaining about a manga ending. Clearly he does not remember when Tsubasa ended. CLEARLY!

I think it is a bad sign when people who WROTE THE STORY are confused about the ending. Like don't they work in the same room with each other? Weirdos.

On some of the forums that this could be a DREAM and the real Domeki still has a chance to use the egg. If that happens I might be appeased. But since Tsubasa/Fei Wong Reed will never be resolved I hate CLAMP. Of course I say that a lot so I probably don't mean it.

Kay O S- I am still not calm. XD Just disappointment all over my face and all over my apartment. Just...I was sad about the 4 year time skip and was starting to lose hope at the 10 year mark. But I would never have guessed it has been well over 100 years.

Even if I wasn't seeing the world with yaoi colored glasses it is clear to ALL that Domeki had feelings to Watanuki. I mean....at least Kurogane and Fai got to be together despite the fact they were both stubborn! How much more did Domeki had to do to get the guy?

Oh right...just use the egg. -___- Still some anger over here.

I just hope that it is a TRUE reincarnation. But the reason I doubt it is because Haruka was clearly a different person that Domeki and it might be repeating that. Just bleh. BLEH. We will always have lovely fanfictions yes?

foamySponge said...

I knooow omg my mind freaking did somersaults and backflips when Watanuki was all.... "YOUR LIKE YOUR GREAT-PAPA KIDDO" I was like... "Wait huh. Wait. Wait. WHAT. HUH. WHAT THE F--"

along with everything else AGGGHHH. Well we got to see Yuuko again yay. Now it's still not too late to tie the story up a bit more CLAMP....

Christina said...

JoyJoy- I think I was doubly upset with this episode because I was under the delusional impression that Tsubasa would ALSO be explained as these were crossover stories. But no we have a sad ALONE Watanuki and everyone else is dead. Just yay so happy.

Hate you CLAMP. Maybe one day they can fix this because many of us fans are pretty pissed at this ending.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've just started reading your blog which is pretty entertaining! Just wondering if you've started reading the continuation of xxxholic, that is xxxholic rei yet?

alaa ammar said...



http://khairyayman.eklablog.com/http-emc-mee-com-transfer-furniture-almadina-almonawara-html-a126376958 شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
http://khairyayman.eklablog.com/http-emc-mee-com-transfer-furniture-jeddah-html-a126377054 شركة نقل عفش بجدة
http://khairyayman.eklablog.com/http-emc-mee-com-movers-in-riyadh-company-html-a126376966 شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
http://khairyayman.eklablog.com/http-www-east-eldmam-com-a126377148 شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
https://forums.ipa.edu.sa/vb4/member.php?202-%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%AF-%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%8A

صقر المملكه said...

شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل
شركة عزل اسطح بالقطيف

خدمات منزلية said...



شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجاري بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة لمسات الابداع

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة عزل اسطح بجدة
شركة تسليك مجاري بجدة
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بجدة
شركة نقل اثاث بجدة