Sunday, February 6, 2011

To Aru Majutsu No Index episode 17

Dear Microsoft word

When I am attempting to blog and I spell a word wrong please correct it. I am not the world’s greatest speller but you are a computer. When I am only ONE LETTER OFF please don’t say “no suggestion” like I spelled it in a totally weird way that you have no idea what I was trying to type. You are trying to make me feel stupid. But it is not working. I just hate you instead. Now do your job.

Love Tenchi

Photobucket

Touma has to endure many hardships. It is so hard being popular.

But we shall endure folks. Endure my crappy spelling and weird sentence structures. We are now going to take a trip into the weird world that is To Aru Majutsu no Index episode 17. Spoilers for insane people acting insane!



Photobucket

Collections are serious business. I understand the obsession Misaka, carry on.

Episode Summary: Kuroko is lying in bed all awake because Misaka is moaning about Touma. Of course Misaka is moaning about her punishment is going to give Touma but Kuroko doesn’t know that and she suffers greatly. In the morning Accelerator and Misaka Misaka are released from the hospital and are going to be taken to a safe place to live. At school Touma and his friends are talking about back massages or something. The unnamed friend makes a joke about Touma having a harem of hot women. This leads the boys to run to Seiri and Aisa and they get their asses kicked. Some of the cloned Misaka sisters are ready to leave the hospital as well. But this is not drama free as one of the clones (the one who was close to Touma) has lost weight in an attempt to impress boys. This leads the other Sisters to making scary jealous faces. After school Misaka runs into Touma and reminds him that he still needs to suffer at her hands. Touma agrees and starts to fan her…..which makes her skirt ride up. Kuroko witnesses the crazy and starts fanning as well.

Photobucket

Logic is not one of her strong points...

Misaka Misaka and Accelerator arrive at their new home with is with Aiho. While the two are freaked out over Komoe’s appearance Accelerator shows some concern about Aiho being their guardian. Misaka is pissed that Touma is late for their date/punishment. That is because Index is complaining about crappy food choices. Luckily sister nun comes by to be boring and teaches them new food techniques. Kuroko and Uiharu arrive to entertain Misaka as she waits for her date but that is not very interesting. Touma finally arrives and is sorry for being late. The first stop is to a cell phone place. Misaka wants the free strap (of mr. frog) and needs to be a couple to get it. But they need to take a picture as proof they are a couple so outside the store they go. There they have problems pretending to be a couple and Kuroko doesn’t help by drop kicking Touma in the head. Kuroko runs off with Misaka saying she will be the couple leaving Touma on the ground. At his new apartment Accelerator pretends not to care about people and stuff. After testing out his power limits he decides to take a shower. Only all the girls were in their naked. He doesn’t care, the women don’t care, and Misaka Misaka is scarred for life. Misaka Misaka runs outside upset and accidentally locks herself outside. Good thing a sister Misaka (probably the main one) walks by and listens to her story of woe. Misaka Misaka takes her goggle head piece and runs off. Sister Misaka cocks her gun and runs off to battle. THE END!!!

So um….this episode was full of crack yes?

Photobucket

Clearly surrounded by insane people.

But sometimes we need a crack episode in a series. I am sure this will lead to plot later. For now they randomly through most of the characters in the story at Touma and hoped for the best.

Photobucket

And now Kuroko thinks she is a super Sayian. Amazing.

Of course my favorite part of this episode would be the never ending suffering of Kuroko. That will probably always be my favorite part in either of the series. Sure some people might think this is getting really old and maybe there should be some character growth. But not me. I want to see Kuroko and her annoying self being second to Touma and crying that she is ignored.

Photobucket

I get such life energy from Kuroko's suffering. So wonderful.

But which crying and sad Kuroko moment was my favorite? XO How can I decide? It was really Touma suffering when he got kicked in the head during the photoshoot. I guess I will have to go with the morning shoot. You know, when Misaka is having “dreams” about Touma and Kuroko is slowing losing her mind. The thought of her unable to sleep at night because Misaka is talking about Touma makes me all happy inside.

Photobucket

Aw no one cares about you. So sad.

The most useless scene of the episode was maid sister-chan. Or whoever she is. Like really I don’t care. She and her brother can have a non interesting not really incest moment all they want. Her scene added nothing to the show and I felt as if they really were trying to pack as many characters into the episode as possible. Do not like.

Photobucket

I think someone is jealllllllllous.

Although I did like how the boys were teasing Touma about his harem. Like a lot of self awareness was happening in this episode. Motoharu I can see making that kind of comment since he knows all the women who are under Touma’s spell. But since it was the unnamed friend who made the comment (does he ever get a name) it makes it more interesting.

Photobucket

Saving the world indeed.

Not that I understood what the deal was with Seiri after the fact. More of that cramming more characters into the episode I suppose. She and Aisa were both there so that gets the count up to two. And also proves unnamed friend’s point that Touma is surrounded by hot girls. So bring on the mermaid and or alien folks!!!

Photobucket

THAT! THAT SMALL PERSON THING!!!!!

Many people are rejoicing that the Accelerator has returned with his dry sense of humor. I am really not sure why he and Misaka Misaka are going to live with Aiho. But I guess Aiho had a good point with she might be the best one in regards to protecting them. Just Accelerator also had a good point when he said this might put her on THE LIST.

Photobucket

Meh. Boobs are boobs.

But I really did enjoy the interactions between the two adults, Misaka Misaka, and Accelerator. Between Accelerator pretending not to care about people to the SURPRISE bathroom scene…I was happy. Because it wasn’t a typical MOG a boy saw me naked scene. Not that I find either type scene realistic. I would manage to find my towel and then kill the perpetrator. But I do like the women were like….meh not a big deal and the young girl was unsure how to feel. Oh and Accelerator didn’t break character and suddenly started acting like a real boy. So yes overall I was happy.

Photobucket

Waist sizes are serious business folks.

Seeing the other Misaka sisters again was great. When you only see them one at a time you forget the slight differences. The way they talk will always be X__X but I love how one Sister was really acting different from the rest. Probably because she is the one who had more interaction with Touma and thus was trying to get his attention by having a waist one inch smaller than the rest of her sisters. The entire situation was ridiculous so I loved it.

Photobucket

Smile happy people!!!

Of course the real meat of the episode was the date between Misaka and Touma. Or the supposed to be date as Touma was late and taken out in scene 1 of the punishment. But I like Touma’s little outfit and Misaka’s winter uniform. Which has to do with nothing but I am random like that. Misaka trying to cover up the date by making him suffer was cute. Misaka having to get a couple phone with Touma was cute. And the entire picture taking incident was cute. See Touma? Your life may be unfortunate but you don’t always have to be in danger when it happens.

Photobucket

Misaka Misaka is locked out of houses, stealing accessories.

Oh and we got a new opening song. :( Not as epic as I had hoped folks. But it looks like we are getting AIM girl back soon. OH and next week Touma will suffer more when Misaka is jealous of her sister clones. Fun times ya’ll.

Photobucket

The cult of Misaka lives!


6 comments:

eternia said...

Yes... this episode is a bit weird. They are trying too hard to pack all scenes into one episode.
But there are a lot of good screenshots I can use as wallpaper so it's fine, hehe.
Next, Touma meets the loli version of Misaka. And, umm, Accelerator meets Index. It's a "boys meet girls" scenario. LOL. Aaaah, I want to see the battle soon.

Unknown said...

the first scene where misaka was dreaming of touma, grapping his pillow... i wonder what is that piano theme played... soo sweet and fits the scene... ANI1?

eternia said...

Damn, I can't find any information on that. Guess you have to ask JC Staff yourself or a maniac of classical music.
Now that I listened to it once more, it's a really good piano tune.

Christina said...

Eternia- Well it is good to know that this episode was a crazy fest and it wasn't just me. It did feel a bit random at times. I would have rather seen more of the date and less of sister-chan and random beat up Touma at school scenes.

Next week sounds good. XO But the boys aren't going to battle are they? Surely crazy lip chain girl thing will be the battle yes?

Chronolite- I am sorry that I don't know the piano theme. Classical music is really not my strong suite. Too bad animes aren't like movies who have to list every single piece of music used in it. Of course now that music should be titled "The Suffering of Kuroko". XD

eternia said...

Hmm... unless they decided to really speed things up (like what they did on battle ships arc), the fight won't start yet this Saturday...
Instead, there should a delicious fan service of Kanzaki Kaori at the beginning, LOL.
The fight between Accelerator and Kihara (the blonde guy shown on opening song) might be used as cliffhanger, though.

Christina said...

Eternia- I would be blogging the new episode now but once again CLAMP has decided to kill my soul with the LAST XXXholic chapter. I shall get the fanservice later. XD