Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hakuouki Hekketsuroku episode 6: And then he died

Of course by happiest I mean saddest and most depressing. Because I am just that awesome.

Also my head was feeling less explody due to medical issues. Then my husband and I decided to look in hotels for our Japan trip and now there is brain matter everywhere. Who will feed the kitties now?!

Photobucket

On the road to SadVille.

Spoilers for other people having equally explody days.



Photobucket

WTF we didn't even know he was dead?!?

Episode Summary: Okita and his very hot if not sick self is riding frantically on a horse. Likewise Hijikata is making his way somewhere with Chizuru. The rest of the men left before them as Hijikata is still all injured and being pathetic. Okita eventually meets up with Hijikata and informs him with anger that Kondou has been beheaded. He is all screaming and yelling until Chizuru points out that Hijikata is injured. Okita walks away all pissed off and Saito walks up. He gives more details about the execution and everyone is sad that Kondou was not allowed to kill himself. Chizuru runs after Okita and is like look dude Kondou stayed behind to save us. Okita acknowledges that makes sense but still can’t forgive Hijikata. Chizuru walks back to the group where Saito has decided to challenge Hijikata to a duel. Hijikata loses and Saito is like SEE you stay here and rest and I will lead the troops in your place. This goes over well.

Photobucket

SO MUCH FEELING!!!!

Elsewhere Harada was waiting for the oni zombie army of doom and Shiranui walks up with a box of silver bullets. He tells Harada to hit the road but he is like no bro I got your back. The army appears and the fight begins. Harada gets very injured and Shiranui protects him. Shiranui runs out of bullets so Harada uses the last of his strength to help blow up Uncle Crack Head. Shiranui sits with Harada against a tree and stays with him until he DIES. :( Hijikata has to stay behind and rest while the others go on ahead. Okita is having a pout nearby. He hears men talking about ambushing Hijikata and despite the fact he just hacked up a gallon of blood, goes after all the men. Hijikata starts to have a really bad feeling and goes to find Okita. Chizuru joins him and they find a pile of bodies and Okita’s sword. Hijikata is like see he is okay but turns his back to cry. Chizuru realizes Okita is dead and it is sad city. THE END!

OH I SEE FOLKS!!!!

Like so okay. Sannan who has been a useless piece of trash since episode 2, been emo since episode three, and a murderer probably for like…..at least the entire second season is alive. Or as alive as a zombie oni can be. He is still running around eating people and being a crack head but both Okita and Harada are dead. I see now. Life is super fair.

Of course by super fair I mean RAGE ON MY FACE!!!!!

Who should I talk about first? I guess Harada since he randomly just DIED and Okita was on his last leg for about 10 episodes anyway.

Photobucket

How can you be out of ammo?! You had an entire box!!!

Okay. Harada. I was really, REALLY joking when I said you and Shiranui had a bromance going on. I mean I could pretend but the writers were probably going more for arch enemies who would never kill each other and respected each other more than they would admit. Fanfictions could make them into something more but they were not cannon. Not like my Tsubasa couple.

Photobucket

I just hope he buries Harada. :(

But then this episode comes along and really makes me think that….X__X there could have been something. Not NOW of course because Harada up and DIED. But for like the 4th time these two men fought together when really one of them could have abandoned the other. While Harada wasn’t that helpful Shiranui really had his back. Protecting him and such. And Shiranui said nothing while Harada was dying, no lame words of encouragement. Just sat there and was with him while he died.

Photobucket

Okay he was kinda badass there...And he didn't run out of ammo.

And really folks. Did Harada need to be there? He did save Shiranui from head crazy Kondou but that was about it. Shiranui did most of the work with his box of silver bullets. I guess Shiranui tried to make Harada leave in a subtle way (WEAK HUMAN) but Harada had man pride and what not.

Photobucket

Too sad for words!!!

I just found the whole thing heartbreaking and sad. And pointless. Harada’s last words were about Shinpachi (meaning that he was going back to the main group yes?) and he just…died. Shiranui lost his bro and according to Chizuru they never knew what happened. Just…did not see that coming folks. Sad face is sad especially since according to sources Harada had one of the happier endings in the game

Photobucket

So hot when he was angry....

Moving on to things that were expected. :( Rest in peace Okita. I am pretty sure he had the crappiest story of the whole bunch. I mean Sannan could have lived his life just helping out the group from behind the scenes. He at least got injured in battle. Okita got randomly sick and remained sick even after becoming a zombie oni. Like how unfair is this? Now I am going to die sooner because I am using my oni powers to stay alive but my quality of life still sucks? I call FOUL people.

Photobucket

Much hotter than the oni zombies on the other side.

But part of me feels as if Okita had a stupid death too. I mean he died protecting Hijikata. But why weren’t there a FEW MEN with Chizuru and Hijikata? I understand that my last remaining hottie Saito and Heisuke have to go with the main troops to guard people (and keep Sannan from eating people). But we couldn’t hook up Hijikata with a few red shirt people to be meat shields? I guess in the end it wouldn’t matter but still. SADNESS.

Photobucket

I don't think that was the point....

Mog folks. I really almost finished this post without mentioning Kondou. HAHA X__x Well he was boring and not hot okay! Also when he was kidnapped last week it was known that was the end for him. He just hadn’t died yet. But he was beheaded ya’ll. And people were more upset he wasn’t allowed to kill himself. Because HONOR FOLKS! HONOR.

Photobucket

Everyone needs a hug!!!

But yeah that is why Okita was all pissy. He thought Hijikata should have done more to protect Kondou. But when he found out that Hijikata was beyond injured and did his best with all the fights Okita blamed himself. Not that any of that makes sense but it is man pride folks. People are supposed to beat armies when bleeding all over the place and such. Or when they have deadly conditions. So really Okita was more pissed at his inability to help with the fight even though deep down he knows it was no one’s fault.

Photobucket

He was going to die anyway...might as well die for a friend... :(

In the end Okita protected Hijikata because he knows it wasn’t his fault that Kondou died. That and if Kondou made Hijikata in charge Okita was going to protect his legacy. So tying his sword to his hand he went with a bang. At first I wondered where his body was but then I remembered he was all zombie oni mode. So I think he turned into dust and that makes me more depressed. Like….it guess it would be sad to see his bleeding dead body but having nothing to bury at all is pretty upsetting.
X__X And Hijikata crying over Okita made me sad. Like MOG he is feeling all over the place. But since he lost three men (well he only knows of two) this episode he has the right to cry. I would be crying too.

Photobucket

Dude we are losing enough of our hotties without turning on each other!!!!

I thought my precious Saito had lost his mind when he was fighting Hijikata but it turns out they were just having man issues. Saito couldn’t say HEY you are injured stay at home. No no he had to kick Hijikata’s ass and show him he needed to stay at home. But in the end Saito is still loyal and that is all that matters.

Well not really since it looks like Saito has a LOT of screen time next week. :( Is my Saito the next to die? SAY IT AIN’T SO!!!!

No comments: