Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gate 7 chapter 1

90 days people!!!!! XD In 90 days I will be on my way (with the husband of course) to JAPAN!!! XO This is slowly becoming more real and exciting. 3 months people!!!! I can hold out yes?

Of course….that probably means I need to get my passport yes….

Photobucket

Are we set for another adventure into CLAMP land?

But anyway XO It is time for Gate 7 chapter 1!!! This will be CLAMP fans only manga for a while with rumors that Kobato and XXXholic might be ending shortly. Will Gate 7 be able to fill the void in our hearts or will this be another manga that has us all going X___X? Let’s find out.



Photobucket

Behold it is adventure time!!

Chapter Summary: Our HERO Takamoto has arrived in Kyoto despite his mother’s protests. But since she was going to depart for an overseas job anyway it probably doesn’t matter. Still Takamoto doesn’t want to talk about that and sets out looking for a place to live. But food becomes a more important priority and soon he finds the restaurant he was looking for. Just as he thinks he is happy not to run into those WEIRD people from last time he sees Sakura, Tachibana, and Hana in the restaurant. They all eat together because that is what strangers do okay. After eating Takamoto intends to part ways but Hana takes them all to a shrine. But instead of inspirational wishes left at the shrine hateful are left instead. When Takamoto realizes that they are taken to…A “strange place”. There a lion covered in all the crazy wishes lives. Nothing is really explained as Hana fights the creature and Takamoto goes X__X. Then it is revealed that Hana kissed Takamoto last chapter so he would return to her. Despite all this crazy Takamoto decides to live with the three. THE END!!!

Still confused. But since it is CLAMP I might forgive them. Or give them more time to explain just what the heck is going on. I can has the patience.

Photobucket

Oh yes. I forgot that this makes sense...

There is still no real information about who or what Sakura, Tachibana, and Hana are. Takamoto doesn’t seem that interested in asking either. We learned that each of the three “special” people have different types of powers. Lunar, solar, and….um…fire? And that prayer papers make really cool looking lions.

Photobucket

Or maybe it was just Hana's spell and there is no interesting mom story. Who knows.

I do sense that there was something more going on with Takamoto and his mother. Or maybe I am just over sensing things. Who knows. But there must have been a reason why she didn’t want Takamoto to go to Kyoko. Maybe she knew he would encounter his destiny or something? That she rather him live a “peaceful” life in Tokyo. “Peaceful” as in most would think Kyoto would be the safer spot to be. I don’t know if that will ever be discussed but that was something of interest to me.

Photobucket

He is not good at running from danger is he?

I wish that Takamoto acted more bugged out over seeing the three…special people again. Me I would have been out of that restaurant, not eating with them. I would have asked questions or at least look beyond scared. But no Takamoto is eating with them and smiling like all is well.

Photobucket

This would be the passing out portion of your life okay?

Even after the lion battle he was like OH okay I will come and live with you people despite me just witnessing the crazy. I mean…he can still feel strongly towards Hana and be frightened. I don’t know, I wanted to see some freaking out and I got WOOHOO Kyoto is so magical I will overlook the fact there are monsters made from evil wishes. Or something.

Photobucket

Cannot resist the cute!!!!

But Hana is super adorable. Maybe I would have stayed too if someone was acting that cute XD

So….really not much to say. Don’t know what is going on. Based on the synopsis that was floating around the internet last year this will have to do with the dream world and how our wishes are not really our own. But for now details are under wraps and we are being swept away like Takamoto. Hopefully answers will come shortly.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ello there. Not sure if you know or not. Too lazy to check your blog.

But there IS a chapter zero for Gate 7. The "one shot".

It's available on mangafox if you haven't read it yet.

That's all. =P

Christina said...

Anonymous- The one shot is the reason many people had high hopes for this manga. But now it has melted into a pot of crazy history lessons that no one can quite follow. So disappointing.

Thank you for having my back though. XD