Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hakuouki Hekketsuroku episode 5

Due to the fact that my husband’s job and my job like to work against us today was part one of Valentine’s Day. On actual Valentine’s Day we will get about an hour to spend together. And on Tuesday we might do a little outing to celebrate the day. So while I am really bummed we don’t get to do actual Valentine’s Day stuff on Valentine’s Day maybe it is more fun to spread out the events? Like I love getting Christmas/Birthday presents after the fact. XD That and we won’t have that long of a wait at restaurants WOOHOO!

Photobucket

Hijikata isn't feeling friendly let alone romantic.

But since the husband is already in bed I decided that I should keep up on my catching up streak and do the next episode of Hakuouki Hekketsuroku. Because I try to keep my promises folks. So here is episode 5 in all its boring glory.

Spoilers for NO SAITO AT ALL IN THIS EPISODE! Like really why watch?!



Photobucket

Look at me being a badass WOOHOO!!!

Episode Summary: Hijikata is very sad about Kondou being all kidnapped and stuff. But apparently he isn’t dead so there is still hope folks. In the meantime Hijikata takes his mean and joins up with some other men. I am sure it makes sense historically. I think they are siding with the old government. In any event Harada is hanging out in the old city when his lover Shiranui shows up and informs him that Koudou is getting backing from the new government (I think) so he is planning a war on innocent people so he will have enough blood to feed his new zombie army. Okay then. After Shiranui and Harada have their moment Hijikata arrives at some place and is told by the person in charge (Keisuke) that he is in charge of a new unit. This worries people that the Shinsengumi might be breaking up and Hijikata tries to put on a brave face. Chizuru picks up on his sadness and says that being the important leader he is he needs to focus on him. Before the conversation can get too deep Hijikata has a zombie attack. Chizuru takes him into the woods and demands that Hijikata take her blood. Hijikata finally agrees and BRING ON THE SEXY BLOOD SUCKING.

Photobucket

Like MOG where do I begin....

In the morning Shinpachi RANDOMLY shows up and is shocked about all new junk going on. But then it is time to storm a castle and maybe the Shinsengumi will win something. Only it turns out the new recruits are a bunch of cowards. Hijikata manages to impress them with his awesome sword fighting skills during a sword fight and on they go. Hijikata busts into the castle and finds Chikage. Amagiri finds Chikage’s obsession with Hijikata stupid which pisses Chikage off. Chikage shows off his new oni slaying sword but even after being slashed several times Hijikata is still holding his own. The building eventually catches on fire and Chikage has to flee and Hijikata is carried to safely. Chizuru takes care of him night and day until he wakes up. Then Keisuke yells at him for being too careless with his life. Oh and they lost that battle that day SO WHO CARES. But Hijikata acknowledges that he needs to worry for himself and Shinpachi joins them again? I don’t know THE END!

Photobucket

I miss Saito too.....

So like….this episode sucked because there was not one ounce of Saito in it. Like what is the point people if there is no Saito? Of course if there was Okita I would be okay with that. But since neither man appeared in this episode I was sad and it sucked. For real.

Photobucket

Kill the coward!

Most of the episode was dedicated to the historical aspect of the show. And as I have said like 29843829857 times I really don’t have any idea what is going on. Only that Shinsengumi support the previous government while Chikage supports the new government. And the western way of life has taken over and people are looking all sexyfied.

Photobucket

JUST KILL HER!!!!

Which isn’t really what I signed up for. I thought I was going to get a large group of hot guys and a girl looking for her father and that the father turned the hot guys into monsters. But now we got all this drama with historical facts and people having to put their man pride above their own damn lives. Had I know I would need to be a Japanese history buff to enjoy this show and that the issue of the onis would really be second to all the different factions and jazz I probably…would have still tuned in for the hot guys. But I would have been less disappointed on how things turned out.

Photobucket

All the sorrow I have seen....

Which has been pretty bad. For the Shinsengumi we have 4 of the original members now zombies. One of them is probably evil by now (Sannan) and Okita is stuck in bed being useless. One of them has died :(. Okay more than one of them has died but he was important so he counts. One of them has been kidnapped and since he was the leader that is pretty bad. And two of them quit although Shinpachi has since come back. So out of the ENTIRE group the only person who hasn’t had any drama is…Saito!!! Hurray! Let’s keep things that way. But yeah this group has gotten screwed pretty bad thus far.

Photobucket

Chizuru....real smooth there....

Hijikata was handling Kondou’s kidnapping pretty badly. Sorry I mean arrest. I am pretty surprise though that he hasn’t been killed yet. I guess it is more of that man pride that kept them from killing Kondou on the spot? Since he surrendered and all. But either way Hijikata was doing a lot of crybabying when he really needed to lead his troops because he was now the leader. He needs to watch Starship Troopers and learn how to keep fighting even after every single person you have talked to has died.

Photobucket

The fact that he said this and lived makes me really respect him. That or Hijikata is losing his touch.

I like how Keisuke handled Hijikata. I am sure Hijikata hated him at first because Keisuke seems to be embracing the western way of life. But despite how young and inexperienced Keisuke looks he made the right decision to put Hijikata in charge of a unit. And then I really liked how he complimented the good parts of Hijikata’s battle plan and then went to town on how he really failed. Like good lead your troops BUT BE ALIVE PLEASE. Of course Keisuke is probably going to die but while he is on the screen he is enjoyable.

Photobucket

Um....so like...how much blood did you get that way....

Oh and Chizuru’s involvement in this episode seems to be Hijikata’s care taker in every way possible. While I find her super annoying I do like that she gave Hijikata blood. He really needed it and I am glad he stopped being pig headed about it. I think Chizuru was going to do it in a less sexy way but since this is a ROMANCE show Hijikata decided he needed to bring it up a notch and suck her blood. And again this week when there was blood sucking going on it didn’t look very effective. TOO MUCH SEXY!

Photobucket

Remember that night when we made love under the stars?

Speaking of sexy I think Harada and Shiranui need to get a room. Like I really believe that Shiranui ran into Harada on accident. Although Harada being in that alley way was random and weird. But aw Shiranui is going out of his way to protect Harada and AW Harada keeps saying he has to repay Shiranui for his kindness. JUST AWWWWW!

Photobucket

I hope you kept the receipt.

I really don’t know what Chikage is up to. At this point I think he is just pissed that Hijikata might be hotter than him. Oh and that Hijikata seems pretty powerful despite being a fake oni and even in Hijikata’s human form he was holding his own. Chikage better return that oni slaying sword because obviously it ain’t WORKING!

Photobucket

Wait you forgive him for leaving? Just like that?

Um I think that was it for this episode? More of our heroes losing. Dude they lose a lot. And there was no Saito which was disappointing. But we got some blushy faces so WOOHOO for romance? I don’t even know at this point…

Photobucket

Also Amagiri is DONE with the drama.

Oh and I think next episode will be a bad one for me. Sounds like Okita is going to try to join the others and will probably die for someone else. :( Hopefully I am wrong but me thinks it will go down like that. More sadness fills my heart.

No comments: