Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica episode 8: Just say no to magical girls


Photobucket

I think everyone is very, very curious as well Mr. Evil Face.

So like…this episode was too X___X for me to try and type anything before going into the post. So…spoilers for WTFness and a constant level of surprise.


Photobucket

And I predict this show will end in a blood bath.

Episode Summary: Sayaka continues to whack at the witch in a crazy manner while she is hurt herself. Soon things end and crazy Sayaka throws the grief seed at Kyoko, because she doesn’t want to owe her. Madoka helps Sayaka walk away as she is very weak. She gets Sayaka to a bus station where she tells her to stop fighting like that. That being reckless and no regard for her own body. Sayaka then loses her mind and starts going off on Madoka, saying that if she had just become a magical girl life would be easier and she is a zombie and blah blah. At Homura’s house of crazy Homura shows Kyoko where she things D-Day is going to take place. Kyubey also shows up and pretends he has very important information. But Homura is like crazy I already know that if Sayaka isn’t helped soon things are going to get bad real fast. Kyubey and Kyoko both wonder how she knows all this but neither push the issue. Sayaka never goes home after the battle. Instead she stalks Kamijo as he walks home with Hitomi where she seems to confess and things go well. Sayaka further loses her mind at that scene. She runs around killing random things are not witches. Homura tries to stop her and gives her a grief seed to use. Sayaka is like bitch you don’t even care about me! Homura then confirms that she in fact does not care about Sayaka and only wants to make Madoka happy. But since Sayaka won’t save herself Homura will just kill her. Kyoko shows up and helps Sayaka escape.

Photobucket

As much as I appreciate the foreshadowing I hope they both die.

Sayaka takes a train ride home where two men trash talk women in general. This pushes Sayaka even further as she thinks the world is not worth protecting. Madoka was out looking for Sayaka when she finds Kyubey. She wants to know why she is so important and awesome but Kyubey doesn’t know why. But if Madoka becomes a magical girl she can give Sayaka back her previous body. Madoka almost makes a contract but Homura runs by and pumps Kyubey full of lead. Madoka is like oh look at the time and takes off. But not before Homura breaks down and cries, saying that Madoka is super important to her. Madoka almost remembers something…but still leaves to find Sayaka. Kyubey number 2 comes by and EATS the dead Kyubey saying this is the second time Homura has killed him. Now Kyubey knows Homura is not from this time frame and that she knows his true form as the Incubator. Kyoko has located Sayaka but she has broken. She manages to talk about how she realizes what a magical girl really is, one who is destined for sadness before her jewel breaks and KA-BOOM! Elsewhere Kyubey gives an SAT type answer as to what is going on. Girl is to woman as magical girl is to witch. OH CRAP FOLKS!!

Holy shit folks. X__X

Like really. Homura is from the future to save her mother Madoka from becoming the ultimate magical girl AKA the witch in the future Homura has to kill. It all makes sense to me now!!! I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

Photobucket

But if Kyle Reese is my father how was I born to begin with to send him back in time to father me? X_X

Okay maybe not the part about Madoka being Homura’s mom. I might be right though. But as of right now that is just speculation. The only things we know for certain are Homura is from the future, Kyubey IS evil, and magical girls are actually witches. Still pretty HOLY SHIT FOLKS material.

Let’s talk about Sayaka first. Because she is dead and all. I really tried to feel compassion for her. I really did. But she learned the hard lesson that doing something for a boy THAT ISN’T YOURS YET! Boys run around breaking hearts all the time in any normal setting. Using your one wish in life on a boy that hasn’t confessed his love to you is a red flag. Like the ultimate have you lost your mind RED FLAG.

Photobucket

That is what I wish for my friends. After something horrible happens to me I wish the same thing happens to them. WOOHOO FRIENDSHIP!

I really can’t blame Sayaka for being upset about the soul issue. However I think she took it too far. Clearly she doesn’t know what a zombie is. If I found out my soul was in a jewel I might be pretty X__X too. But I wouldn’t be sobbing in the corner about it. It is not like my soul is GONE. It is just….pocket size for my convenience? As long as I had my jewel near my body I would concern myself human.

Photobucket

Thanks for wishing me better. Now I can make out with your hot friend!

But Sayaka didn’t. She thought she was now disgusting and less human and unworthy of Kamijo’s love. She was okay with losing Kamijo to normal circumstances (another girl, being killed in battle, ect.). However she was not okay to being unworthy of that love which let’s be honest was never going to happen ANYWAY. So really Sayaka is pissed that she wasted a wish on a boy who will probably go out with her friend instead and now she is stuck killing witches in a “zombie body”.

Photobucket

Crazy eyes have been invoked. She is a goner.

Yeah I would be pissed too and say really messed up things to my friend. Because Madoka is slightly annoying with the crying and saying everything is going to be okay. I don’t think she believes that personally but listening to that might be disheartening. Although Sayaka telling Madoka this is all her fault for not being a magical girl in Sayaka’s place was messed up. Sayaka acknowledges it and regrets it and I think this was Kyubey’s plan all along.

Photobucket

And you're crazy. Crazy.

I also like how Sayaka was just going through town slashing anything she could get her hands out. Should have slashed those two asshole men on the train but she has morals ya’ll. She has nothing to live for now and if she is doomed to a lifetime of witch hunting well let’s make that lifetime a little shorter. She wasn’t trying to get herself killed but she wasn’t really trying to protect herself. Not taking the grief seed was a pig headed move but she isn’t friends with Homura and Kyoko did save her ass on her first hunt. But yes. She was still protecting people by hunting the baddies but had no plans to regenerate her power and save herself.

Photobucket

Willy Wonka couldn't have written this contract X__X

However I do not think Sayaka would have gone THIS route had she realized that she was going to become a witch. She might have splatted herself on the cement or something but not allowed her jewel to become dark and tainted. Sayaka wasn’t an evil person. She was just weaker than Madoka in the end. She didn’t think through her wish/future very well as Madoka saw how horrible things could be (without even knowing the entire truth!). Sayaka was the one who saw things through yaoi colored….err rose colored glasses. She wasn’t going to end up like Mami. She wasn’t going to regret her wish. She wasn’t going to be one of THOSE girls. She was going to win the heart of the boy and become a stronger magical girl than Mami. In the end Sayaka was the one who was weak, not Madoka.

Photobucket

And splat she goes.

But dude. X__X I really didn’t think that the witches WERE the magical girls. We all had a feeling that Kyubey was evil. But to come to Earth to make witches out of confused and stupid girls is just….I don’t even know. I knew him eating the empty grief seeds was important. Now that we know those are really the jewels of magical girls (aka humans) it shows why Kyubey is on Earth.

Photobucket

AND THEN HE ATE HIMSELF!!!!

Okay maybe not. Maybe he is just one of many Kyubeys (well he is really…) who is working for the ultimate baddie. But he is really the Incubator. Incubators house something small and help it grow into something large that can live on its own. So the real question is….what is Kyubey holding inside? The souls of all the girls he contracted with? HMM PEOPLE HMM.

During the show of what I would type a lot in my blog. But a lot of things got answered for themselves. Like Homura having outside information on what Sayaka was going to become. Why Kyubey didn’t know who the hell Homura was. Why Homura gave up trying to kill Kyubey.

Because Homura is an android from the future sent to protect John Conner who has been reincarnated as Madoka.

Photobucket

I think this translates to SCREW YOU SAYAKA.

Okay maybe not. But Madoka has to be someone very important to Homura. Homura went above and beyond to protect Sayaka whom apparently she could care less about just so Madoka would be happy. She traveled back in time to save her from some horrible fate. She has gone up against Kyubey the Incubator despite him being super evil. I mean is it possible Madoka is her mom? After watching this show I don’t think magical girls live that long to reproduce but you never know.

Photobucket

WHERE ARE THE TEARS?!?!?

What I do know is what the best part of this show was. Kyubey got taken out Set It Off style and Madoka…just went away. Like oh I have to go now even though the creature I was just talking to resembles swiss cheese. Like DAMN girl that is cold harded. You cry about everything else in this world and all you can say is HOMURA you promised not to kill anymore, like she would scold a toddler for eating more cookies or something. It was…amazing folks.

Photobucket

Well as good as she can get....

Other points of interest was Kyoko being the GOOD girl this episode. A bit bizarre that she called herself Sayaka’s friend but she isn’t playing with a whole deck. But she actually tried to save Sayaka because she LIKED Sayaka, not because she wanted to protect Madoka. She wanted to bond over their zombiness and was even playing nice with Homura in the creepy room of swinging scythes.

Photobucket

Obviously everyone changed personalities this episode...

Oh and while Kyoko was playing the supportive friend Homura CRIED in this episode. Twilight zone much people?

So folks. Where are we going with this? Madoka was so close to becoming a magical girl to save Sayaka. So if Sayaka becomes a witch Madoka would surely want to save her right? Or is Madoka finds out that Kyubey has been eating the souls of magical girls she would surely want to save them right? But in the process of trying to save everyone Madoka will become the most powerful witch ever and that is what Kyubey wants to eat.

See that? That is my head exploding. But I do think that Homura coming back in time to stop Madoka from becoming a magical girl will make Madoka become a magical girl. But with the way things are going Homura is going to turn out to be Madoka’s mom.
Say... That's a nice bike..

6 comments:

Sora is my name (WAO) said...

We have the same speculations!

but I think Madoka didn't cry for the Kyuubey cuz she knows ITS evil.

Christina said...

Sora- On some of the anime boards it has been speculated that Homura has the ability to erase memories. Which would make sense, that Homura keeps coming back in time to try to save Madoka but each time SOMETHING fails. This time Mami dies and Sayaka loses her mind. So when Homura said she has seen many magical girls die she might mean the same ones over and over again.

So some people think that Madoka FORGOT that Kyubey got shot and that is why she was all Oh time to find Sayaka.

But I think Madoka is like 5 seconds from losing her mind and that is why she didn't cry. Or maybe she is out of tears.

Christina said...

XO There was another comment that also thought Homura's mom is Madoka. At this point anything is possible. XD

But yes one would think with all the stops being pulled out with this anime the swiss cheesing of Kyubey would have been a littler crisper.

Anonymous said...

Otay, I tried to post by my comments keep disappearing! Homura is erasing my comments!? Has a setting on your blog changed?

Anonymous said...

... "but my comments" ... typo!

Christina said...

Anonymous- :( I don't know why your comments keep getting eaten. And even though I run this blog...really I know nothing about computers. XD I leave everything the same so the great and powerful Jamie can make me banners and show me how to insert pictures into the post. I do get your comments in my inbox though! Computers are evil half the time, just not as evil as long eared mascots. XD