Sunday, December 13, 2009

Harajuku Lovers Winfall!

Yes today is Sunday. And Sunday is supposed to be To Aru Kagaku no Railgun post day. And I had every intention of posting that episode today (I LOVE YOU SATAN). But....something awesome today and I felt the need to bra....share! XD And after the horrible day I had on Friday today felt like WOOHOO bright spot in the week. So I am happy.

So what has made me so happy? I got a crap load of free stuff.

Photobucket

A bag full of goodies!

Today's post is brought to you by Belk. Belk, the store that pays you to shop at their store.




My friend and I weren't even on planning on going to Belk. Due to my inability to get anywhere on time we didn't get to spend that much time in the mall (GO ME!). So we had time to go to one more store and Belk just happened to be there. My friend wanted to check out the Harajuku Lovers fragrance set and I knew Belk carried them. Onward we went.

There was a customer at the counter smelling the different Harajuku scents and the saleswoman told her the snowbunnies (the ones I posted about here) were buy one get one free. The customer buys two of the snowbunnies and goes on her way. My friend and I press ourselves on the counter and go OHHHH and AHHHH over the overpriced lovelies. I tell my friend that SANTA has already gotten her one of the snowbunnies but SANTA can't remember which one.

Upon hearing that the saleswoman sprang into action to up sell to one of the bigger ones. Now any other day this would have been annoying. But not today as apparently up sell at Belk means give the customer everything in the counter.

I asked how much this box/round square thing was. The saleswoman said it would be free if we bought one of the bigger fragrances prices at 45 dollars. That sounded good to my friend (as in getting one thing free sounded great to her) and decided to get a bigger ounce Harajuku girl.

Photobucket

$53 gift set. Worth every penny even before the insane freebies.

The saleslady then says for 5 dollars more my friend could get the gift set which comes with the big ounce fragrance plus the random head cream. If my friend did this the saleslady would throw in a new tester bottle. A tester bottle that has 3 times as much perfume in it as the one my friend was buying.

X_X You are reading what is happening right? That my friend is getting more than what she paid for 3 times? Okay then.

Photobucket

Huge free tester! Buy one ounce get 3 free!

Since my friend was not born yesterday she decided to take this great deal. For 53 dollars she got the gift set that has the big size fragrance, the head powder stuff, the 3 ounce tester, AND the cube random thingy. Awesome.

We tried to run back to the side of the mall where our cars were parked but we were too late. All my friends loot was holding us back and the gates were down. So we whooshed back to Belk as there was an exit in that general direction. But we passed the Harajuku case again and it dawned on me that I could get the gift set for someone else and score a free tester for myself right? I was standing right there when it all happened so the deal MUST apply to me.

I tracked down the saleswoman (who was in the middle of trying to close extra registers down) and asked her if I could get the same deal. She was really quick to say OF COURSE which makes me wonder if sales were down or something. But no bother to me and yay for free stuff.

Lots of free stuff apparently.

Photobucket

Do you need something to carry all your free stuff in? HAVE A TIN!

I pick out my gift set and my free tester and the saleslady opens up the case and says she is going to give me the tin for free as well! XD Happy days for me. She turns to my friend and tells her she is sorry she has no more tins so she will just give her the clock instead. X_X My friend happily takes it and I cheer over our good fortune.

Photobucket

Do you know what time it is? TIME FOR MORE FREE STUFF!

Then the saleslady says that she only has one clock left so I should just take the last one. Because apparently I don't have enough stuff at this point. X_X She then looks around to see if she has anything else and sounds a little sad that she doesn't. We assured her that we had quite enough stuff already and it was fine. She rang me up and I paid my 53 dollars.

Somehow I feel as if we robbed the store. We bought two gift sets and spent 106 dollars in total. We left with two clocks, two testers that are over 3 ounces, a cube thingy thing, and an awesome tin. X_X

Photobucket

Merry Christmas to me!

Never before have I received so many freebies after buying just ONE product. It was like Black Friday but I actually got sleep and the products I wanted. It was like my birthday but without the people at the restaurant singing out a weird song to me. It was like Christmas..wait. XD

So my friends, when you hear the ads on TV complaining about high mall prices don't believe them. Big department stores are just waiting for you to walk through their doors so they can shower you with gifts.

Well maybe not all. Since my friend and I GOT THEM ALL XD