Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kobato Episode 10

I love Kobato, manga and anime. I think it is an awesome addition to CLAMP’s almost always wonderful line up. It might be a little bit too AWESOME INNOCENT GIRL at times (rivals that of Card Captor Sakura’s Sakura) and the anime plot is a little slow at times but otherwise it is awesome.

But this episode was boring as hell.

I hope this is the most boring episode we will ever have to watch from this otherwise cute series. I nearly fell asleep. Hitting another 1.3k pandas on Hello Kitty Online sounded more entertaining.

But I shall blog. Come rain or shine, awesome or dreadfully boring I shall blog you Kobato. Because I love you like a mother loves her child who just ate paste. Because I have to. But this post will be short. Or as short as I can be.

Photobucket

Only beer can save this episode!





Maybe the word boring isn’t the correct word to use. Perhaps drawn out? Most of the time watching someone’s sad, sad past is interesting and people want to see all the sad/tragic details.

Photobucket

Let's tie this to Tsubasa somehow!

However I would like to have seen more of Fujimoto’s past than him having a few bad days at the nursery school. I wanted to see the events leading up to Fujimoto’s orphanness. But Fujimoto’s parents are not hinted at which leads me to believe that they are Sakura and Syaoran from…..something. Either pair. All the pairs.

Photobucket

You take your time there Fujimoto and feel sorry for yourself. You deserve your emo moment.

I just want to go on record that if I was a little kid (by my calculations, which are completely scientific, Fujimoto is about 8 years old) who got adopted by some random guy and I was forced to spend all my free time surrounded by a bunch of whiny, screamy 4 year olds I would not be the most pleasant person to be around either. It would take me a few weeks/months/years to adjust to my new life. So I wasn’t really all WOE IS FUJIMOTO. I think his emoness was justified and Sayaka was a little dramatic about Fujimoto not getting along with the kids.

Photobucket

This is what happens when people give out free beer to teenagers. CHAOS IN THE STREETS!

The scene with the two high kids and the soccer ball was X_X. It was an accident. The ball didn’t even hit the little girl. Okay I get that she got scared but accidents happen. Sayaka was acting like the two boys did it on purpose as well as breaking the ONE sunflower plant. ONE. Not the entire garden ONE. I am not sure how someone accidentally steps on something that big but I am not 6 feet tall. It could happen.

The point is that Sayaka went to crazy town on these boys. Who’s to say that these kids weren’t going to apologize on their own? No no, let’s just jump on them the second they nearly not decapitate a child. If I was those kids I would be X_X too.

So the reason that Fujimoto stops being emo Fujimoto and turns into tolerable bratty Fujimoto is because he saw Sayaka GIVE IT to these kids and how nervous she was standing up for…whatever she thought she was standing up to. Her shaking hands moved Fujimoto more than her attempts to make him feel a part of the group/family. It moved him so much he started to play the organ. This signifies that he is done being an emo kid. Oh and look at the sunflowers.

All of this could have taken like 3 minutes. Instead this little walk down memory lane took half the episode which makes me sad. I did want to know more about Fujimoto and his past but now that I have it…I am bored. His past was much more complicated than I thought. It is a little disappointing that there isn’t some deeper meaning to why Fujimoto is the way he is.

However in Kobato land this explanation makes TOTAL sense. She would never put any of this together and Kobato is a sucker for sob stories. So sad little Fujimoto has tugged at her heart strings while she wasted a perfectly good Sunday airing out mattress. Kobato will now think back to this day when Fujimoto is mean to her and think POOR FUJIMOTO! She will now want to try and heal his heart instead of getting back at him for all his meanie ways.

Photobucket

They encourage underage drinking in Japan!
What else was in this episode? The random…beer scene was random. It should have been about Kobato and Ioryogi but it was just thrown in there. Hear that Angelic Layer girls, you are expendable. Just another job for Fujimoto to do. Also I like how they were passing out BEERS to people without checking ID. Awesomeness.

The whole Kohaku stuff was….stuff. Just there to remind us that Kohaku exists? That someone is just like Kobato and they are doing the best they can at life? Whatever it was supposed to be it didn’t work. It just made me go X_X because I want Kohaku to sound a little less…girly.

Photobucket

Of course he is okay! Pancake plushies are in!

Ioryogi was pretty entertaining this episode. He had to save Kobato from falling out a window, he was flatten like a pancake, left out to wither away in the sun, and was finally rewarded for his troubles with a nice cold beer. Because dog plushies are of age to drink free beer handed out by high school kids.

Photobucket

You know my deep dark secrets! I shall now be offended!

The end of the episode was sorta cute in an overdramatic way. Yes Fujimoto wasn’t being SUCH a douche bag but did he really have to go all spazzy because they saw a picture of him playing the organ? It’s not like he was on the potty! It wasn’t embarrassing. But Fujimoto is Fujimoto at the end of the day and he has to be…Fujimoto about everything.

So yeah. That was the episode. This post is very coherent so it should make perfect sense to everyone. But if case someone needs the cliff notes version, here you go:

Kobato airs out a mattress and makes Fujimoto mad. Sayaka is sighing over bills and Kobato comes to air out more mattresses. Sayaka tells Kobato about Fujimoto being an emo kid while adult Fujimoto is doing 14896 jobs. The episode ends with laughs at Fujimoto’s expense.

Next week is Christmas. MAKE THE EPISODE GOOD PLEASE!



1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.