Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tis the season to be a huge pain in the butt

I hate Thursdays. Most people hate Mondays as it is the start of the work week/school week but for me it’s Thursday. Thursday is the day I wish I could erase from the calendar and send to the moon. Thursdays blow.

Part of the reason is co=worker/boss reasons. Not enough staff EVER for the amount of customers we usually get on this day (seriously people, what is with Thursday and pizza?) and we never have the product we need for the day ready and waiting to go. More often than not we are scrambling around at the last minute, borrowing crap from other restaurants, and running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Except the zombie chicken just dies while we are forced to deal with customers and a nonpreped store.

But only so much can be blamed on crazy co-workers and scatterbrained bosses. Thursdays also suck because customers suck.



Since we are a pizza place we are usually slammed for hours on Friday and probably have more customers on Friday than Thursday. But that is to be expected in the pizza world that Friday night is pizza night. And somehow our customers know this too! Shocking I know but they understand why there are delays on Friday night because they have been informed that it is pizza night.

The customers on Thursday are not so understanding. If they are not quoted the usual wait time they turn Hulk on us and start yelling WHY?! Or give us that *sigh* how can people be so incompetent noise. I hate that noise. And I hate customers who fail to realize pizza=/fast food hamburger. It takes time. And when everyone and their mom decide to order pizza on Thursday to avoid the rush on Friday….it produces the same results LONG WAIT TIMES. So suck it up.

And as there are wait times on pick up orders there will be wait times on delivery orders. Yes I realize that it only takes 8 minutes to fully cook a pizza but it is not going to arrive at your house in 8 minutes. If the wait time for a pick-up order is 15-20 why would the delivery time be any less? Common sense states it will be MORE. And when I tell you off the bat the wait for delivery will be quite a while and it would be better if you picked up your pizza and you say I DON’T MIND THE WAIT don’t call me up and tie up my lines asking where your pizza is. WAIT!

To the special person who told my co-worker she hated white people FUCK YOU.

Photobucket

Access denied!

Co-worker assumes that you are a black person. Had co-worker said “I hate black people” his ass would be grass and you would be demanding to speak to a manager, calling the local news to report racism, and bad mouth our company to anyone who would listen. Which SHOULD happen. So why do you think you can get away with the same thing?

I guess the kicker to that story is that she kept trying to order a Black Veggie Pizza. We have a White Veggie pizza. White being there is no tomato sauce thus the cheese comes out looking white and not really golden brown or as greasy as the normal pizzas. We do not call in a White Veggie Pizza because we hate black people. Co-worker tried to pass the phone off to me but I was too busy being pissed at something else to deal with any more bullshit. But she did not appreciate my co-worker asking her over and over again if she wanted a White Veggie pizza. The owner did not appreciate her shenanigans. She didn't want to order a racist pizza.

The icing on this suck cake is when the driver went to deliver her 30 dollar order no one would answer the door. Maybe it was our bad and we accidentally got the numbers wrong, instead of 1256 we wrote 1258. But when we tried to call them back their phone was off. So thank you stupid for wasting our time and product. Next time you order from us charge your damn phone. Better yet never call us again.

To the family that had a serious case of THE GLARES... go away. Everyone else is getting their food before you despite you being inside the restaurant first because they CALLED ahead. They were like HI it’s probably busy but we want to eat in and we are phoning ahead. Granted they still had to wait once they got there (Yay Thursdays) but yes they got their pizza before you. So sit there with your drinks and keep your glares to yourselves. Do you see me running around like crazy? Oh wait you are going to get up and be smooth while “looking” to see if your pizza is done? You do that. Yeah that is a cheese pizza but it’s not yours. Stupid.

No you don’t get a discount because you had to wait the 25 minutes I told you it would take for your pizza to be ready. Yes I know you have been standing near the counter FOREVER because it is kinda of hard to miss your SIGHS and GLARES (WTF that other family is doing that, stop taking their suck!). However I said 20-25 minutes. Not five. Numbers are hard.

Would write more but my throat hurts and my feet ache. And I get to do it all again tomorrow. YAY FOR FRIDAYS!




No comments: