Sunday, December 6, 2009

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 10: Uiharu is in danger again, be shocked and amazed


Photobucket

Size doesn't matter right?






Another awesome episode. This is me doing the happy dance. Also I feel a little guilty about not being the fan of the first couple episodes. Then I remember they really were…bad and these awesome episodes just prove it. XD

Photobucket

I can see where that ability would come in handy. Only not.

So my precious Saten took the Level Upper. Can’t say that I am shocked and amazed at that little fact. I am surprised she wanted so long to use it. I am not sure when their school year started but it has been at least 2 months since Saten has been in the city right? So maybe she didn’t wait that long. X_X Actually she sorta took it rather fast if that is the correct time frame.

Photobucket

Words. Sentences. What do they mean?!

Perhaps that is what I really don’t get about abilities. Are people born with them or do they have to train to have them? Are people born with the potential to have ability and the schools just tell them what level they are now? It is all very confusing and without the proper answers it is hard to judge whether Saten knew this was her only chance at having ability or if Saten decided to cheat to avoid having to work hard to earn ability.

It makes me question this whole school system as Misaka is already a level 5 and is in 8th grade. It was stated in another episode she was born a “normal” girl and went to a normal school. So….I am just guessing she didn’t get to level 5 in one year. So she must have had to do something to get that awesome. I am wondering why Saten didn’t do that something while she as at home to prepare herself for Academy City. Maybe she thought people got handed abilities when they were passing out school ID’s?

Photobucket

You will never understand our secrets.

I am probably over thinking this entire situation but meh. It is something I want to know. All of this could be avoided if only ability uses were allowed in the city (minus Touma because his nonability is an ability). But I guess there would still be problems with the level 1’s wanting to be 5’s. I SUPPORT SATEN OKAY?!
Putting all that mess aside I was kinda sad that Saten and all her friends seem to get the exact same ability. :( I know we only saw them for a few minutes but it would have been more fun to see someone catch on fire or turn into a puddle of water. Not all of them being able to move crap in the air. And don’t worry Saten. You blowing leaves around is way more useful that Uiharu’s unseen ability any day.

Photobucket

Maybe if people TOLD YOU!

I was a bit X_X that Uiharu and Saten hadn’t really talked in school during the course of this week. I mean, I could see Saten being fidgety and making excuses not to hang out after school but to basically ignore Uiharu was uncalled for. ;( That and even if I think Uiharu is a useless slug she should have said something. But I will chalk that up to Uiharu being busy doing whatever she does when she is at work.

Photobucket

I laugh at her pain!

Kuroko…actually did work this week. It was amazing. And shocking. Nearly broke my jaw on the keyboard. They didn’t show the fights as there were several HOOLIGANS taking the Level Upper (and one was a girl MOG) so we didn’t get to see any more abilities. But it appears Kuroko got her butt handed to her a few times. I am sure people will say anyone having to fight that many people will get tired and more likely to make mistakes but I hate Kuroko. So HAHA to her. XD

Photobucket

Communicating with the enemy is always fun WEEEE.

YES! Undressing lady turns out to be the villain. I AM RIGHT! I announced it already so it doesn’t matter that I doubted myself or that I suggested the Sidewalk lady was the Undressing lady. All that matters is once I said she might be the bad guy and now she is. I am also ignoring the fact that Undressing Lady is in the credits and looking less than innocent so it is kinda obvious she would be the enemy. But none of that matters. Because I am right.

Photobucket

Locks aren't that expensive bad guys!

When will bad guys learn that leaving out the papers to their evil plans is not a good idea? I mean this lady has an entire office full of LOOK AT ME AND WHAT I AM DOING material and does she bother locking the cabinet? No she instead leaves one piece of paper sticking out so the curious youth can put the pieces together and go AHA!

Photobucket

Exactly. Also fons.

I am not going to touch the terminology/explanation part of the episode with a ten foot pole. Mainly because I am not quite sure what was said. I think I understood what happened but if I tried to analyze what was said I might lose it whatever hold I have on the explanation. But it all boils down to whoever made the Level Upper did not do so out of the kindness of their heart and wanted no ability users to have an ability. She is using something that affects all five senses and stimulates the brain by using music. Then she connects everyone’s mind who uses the Level Upper by using the AIM field. Or at least I think so. Moving on now.

Photobucket

Don't cry Saten! I love you!

I thought the scene between Uiharu and Saten was really moving. Saten is now freaked out because one of her friends has fallen unconscious and she is worried about suffering from the same fate. But more than that she feels responsible about what happened to the girls and that she has no right to be an ability user. Granted she was saying really crummy things about herself but I understand why she would think that. And while what Uiharu was saying was silly (I won’t let you fall asleep indeed) I can appreciate where it was coming from. She is only a 12 year old girl trying to play adult. But she was trying to comfort her friend and that is what a best friend does.

Photobucket

Flashbacks seem rather...recent.

The flashbacks would have been better had they showed something a little older. Chances are the girls didn’t know each other before they came to Academy City (or maybe they did). But I would have liked to see something other than clips we have seen in the show.

Photobucket

This just in: Misaka has people skill problems.

Misaka also had a moment where HEY I am not the best at everything and it was pretty great. She saw how starting that abilities don’t matter isn’t the end all of the conversation. That since she is level 5 it is kind of hard for her to see the point of view of someone who is level 1 or level zero. Not that I think Misaka needs to beat herself up about this situation but the tiny bit of growth was fun.

Photobucket

I am kinda sad she is the bad guy...always asking the important questions.

So the episode ends with the Undressing Lady taking Uiharu hostage and Kuroko being worried because Uiharu sucks ass. Anti Skills is called in but Misaka says that they won’t be enough if Undressing Lady has the power of tons of ability users behind her. WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!

Photobucket

I enjoy her faith in Uiharu.

But more importantly WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ONCE THIS STORYLINE IS OVER?!




2 comments:

Blacksun88 said...

This series is getting better and better. While not losing the comedy part (lol-ed hard at the scene when Kuroko throw Uiharu at Mikoto XD), the plot and tension is piling up and leads up to the heartwarming moment between Saten and Uiharu. For those that said the scene was lame, I can only say they are those cocky persons that do not understand the feeling of helplessness of those inferior people. and i agreed that Kiyama sensei is such an unique and awesome character.

Christina said...

Blacksun88- I agree the series gets better when they focus more on the plot and not all the tiny minor side characters (seriously the dorm room lady gets an episode).

It was so sad to watch Saten struggle to gain a power even though she knew it was the wrong way to go about it. She hit her rock bottom and it's not fair to call her weak or stupid. So much pressure is put on these kids turning to alternative methods is the only means for them.